Magic-League.com Forum Index Magic-League.com
Forums of Magic-League: Free Online tcg playing; casual or tournament play.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

GUW tempo

Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Standard (T2) Decks
GreenBear

PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2012 11:18 am    Post subject: GUW tempo Reply with quote

This is the evolution of a deck I posted in the forums a while back, its changed considerably now so I thought I would make a new topic. The deck looks to play a tempo orientated aggro control route combining the combination of a light counter suite with flash creatures. Allowing the deck to always act last and be difficult to play against much akin to faeries.

The deck

1 dissmember
2 vapor snag
4 abundant growth
4 mana leak
3 snapcaster mage
4 Strangleroot Geist
4 Wolfir Avenger
1 Daybreak Ranger
2 Dissipate
2 Oblivion Ring
1 Sword of War and Peace
1 Sword of Feast and Famine
4 Restoration Angel
1 Thrun the Last Troll
1 Wolfir Silverheart

3 Seachrome Coast
4 Ravorverge Thicket
2 Sunpetal Grove
4 Hinterland Harbour
4 Island
8 Forest

A few things to mention birds of paradise was in the initial list but it really did not impress me. The curve did not feel like it greatly benefited from the birds and it resulted in the deck flooding out a little to often, so it was dropped and replaced with an extra land a thrun a wolfirsilver heart and a sword of war and peace.

These changes were made as in the early testing the deck felt a little under powered and would get close but lack the final killer punch; these changes addressed that problem somewhat.

I would like to include ponder but the card presents a series of issues to the deck, the biggest being blue is a secondary colour so often double blue is not available and the deck most of time wants to represent leak regardless of if it has it or not then flash a creature out at the end of the turn, also its best on turn 1 and its difficult to have blue available turn 1 in this deck.

As the deck has only a small amount of instants, 4 mana leak, 2 dissipate, 3 snag, only 3 snapcaster's are included as a target is not always guaranteed and a 2/1 flash does not cut it.

The deck has a good match up vs. most variants of control, ramp strategies, RDW, Zombies (part after board), other swarm aggro decks are hard match ups. Delver is close and I have been working on the match up as much as possible, many times it seems to top deck on the last possible go to win. I added a daybreak ranger since to help swat the delver menace.

Sb

4 celestial purge rdw, zombies, 2vs tezz
1 dissipate control
1 crushing vines, delver, tempered steel
2 flashfreeze, Ramp, green midrange decks
3 Naturalize, decks heavy with equips, orings, tez, tempered steel, infect
2 timely reinforcements rdw, fast aggro
2 Ratchet bomb aggro infect, ubw delver, tempered steel

Suggestions, opinions appreciated.

Last edited by GreenBear on Fri Jun 08, 2012 7:23 am; edited 1 time in total
GreenBear

PostPosted: Fri Jun 08, 2012 7:22 am    Post subject: Re: GUW tempo Reply with quote

bump
Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Standard (T2) Decks All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1