Magic-League.com Forum Index Magic-League.com
Forums of Magic-League: Free Online tcg playing; casual or tournament play.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Wall of Fire in THG

Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Magic Rulings
LuckyDucky

PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2012 7:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

YOu cant attack the other player and avoid it
xJudicatorx

PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2012 8:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is my understanding of it, but 2-headed Giant always makes rules like this muddy, so Clariax may have to correct me.

Your creatures will take damage when attacking that team or Planeswalkers controlled by that player. They will not take damage if they attack planeswalkers controlled by the other team member.
LuckyDucky

PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2012 9:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I disagree.

The rule is not great but it suggests to me that you attack the defending players (together) and then on damage, decide where the damage goes.

However, I suppose you could still attack planeswalkers of the player that does not control circle of flame and your creatures would be unaffected.

Quote:

810.7c As the declare attackers step begins, the active team declares attackers. If an effect of an object controlled by a defending player prohibits a creature from attacking him or her, that creature can’t attack the defending team. The active team has one combined attack, and that set of attacking creatures must be legal as a whole. See rule 508.1.

Example: One player in a Two-Headed Giant game controls Teferi’s Moat, which says “As Teferi’s Moat enters the battlefield, choose a color.” and “Creatures of the chosen color without flying can’t attack you.” Creatures of the chosen color without flying can’t attack that player’s team.

810.7f As the combat damage step begins, the active team announces how each attacking creature will assign its combat damage. If an attacking creature would assign combat damage to the defending team, the active team chooses only one of the defending players for that creature to assign its combat damage to. Then the defending team announces how each blocking creature will assign its combat damage. See rule 510.1.
xJudicatorx

PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2012 9:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

How is that disagreeing?
LuckyDucky

PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2012 5:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

xJudicatorx wrote:
How is that disagreeing?

Maybe I misread your post
Hardtrack

PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2012 6:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you attack the team or a planeswalker controlled by the head that controls Circle of Flame your creatures will take damage.

If you attack a planeswalker controlled by the head that doesn´t control Circle of Flame your creatures will not take any damage.

That has very little to do with dealing combat damage.
Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Magic Rulings All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1