Magic-League.com Forum Index Magic-League.com
Forums of Magic-League: Free Online tcg playing; casual or tournament play.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Type 2 UWr Miracles Do Happen

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Standard (T2) Decks
ishocrone

PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2012 11:49 am    Post subject: Type 2 UWr Miracles Do Happen Reply with quote

So after seeing the release event I decided to go type 2 with the winners decklist this is what ive come up so far and has done fairly well in testing.

// Deck file for Magic Workstation (http://www.magicworkstation.com)

// Lands
10 [CST] Plains (2)
3 [ST] Island (3)
4 [SOM] Seachrome Coast
4 [M12] Glacial Fortress
4 [ISD] Sulfur Falls
1 [ISD] Shimmering Grotto

// Spells
2 [AVR] Devastation Tide
4 [AVR] Temporal Mastery
4 [AVR] Entreat the Angels
4 [AVR] Terminus
4 [TSP] Think Twice
4 [M10] Ponder
1 [AVR] Divine Deflection
3 [AVR] Tamiyo, the Moon Sage
1 [NPH] Batterskull
2 [M12] Oblivion Ring
3 [MPR] Day of Judgment
3 [M12] Gideon Jura

// Sideboard
SB: 3 [M12] Negate
SB: 2 [NPH] Karn Liberated
SB: 3 [NPH] Gut Shot
SB: 2 [SOM] Revoke Existence
SB: 2 [SOM] Nihil Spellbomb
SB: 3 [AVR] Pillar of Flame

Cards that im iffy about in the md

Devastating tide since im running essentially 7 wraths idk if this is needed and it bounces back my planeswalkers which hurts me I was thinking of adding 2 more kill conditions or 2 negates/Mana leaks. Also the Think twice are nice but i find myself having hard time abusing there full potential you'll feel the gist of things if you playtest this list.

The sb
so im running 3x gut shot and 3x pillar probally gonna switch a shot for a pillar to make it 4x pillar 2x shot

How the deck works..............

You sit and sweep the board multiple times of any creature threats and win with gideon or batterskull, Tamiyo is awesome and can make your opponent just quit if u get his final ability resolved.
The miracle cards Terminus and temporal mastery are great early or late game turn 1 ponder into a turn 3 temporal is a great start as well.

Deck mu's

Delver based decks are a hard mu depending on who wins the dice roll ive added red to the deck to help that and also revoked Revoke Existence.

Control decks are a hard mu but i find it easy after i side in karn and negates since counterspells are usually not in the control decks arsenal anymore i have to worry about them killing my only win conditions hence forth im thinking of adding 2 more kill conditions md instead of the tides.

RG aggro is fun mu usually you have the upper hand with all the board sweepers and 3x gideons.

Will post more about this deck and mu's and what to side in and out later busy atm and would like to see this stay in the standard forums instead of being moved to casual ty and let me know what you think.
ishocrone

PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2012 1:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

the splash for red also ensures that i kill anything with undying well almost anything Smile. It doesn't hurt my mana base severely and if you have any sugs on a solution to counter delver based decks that fit UW then let me know other wise i am gonna have to splash for R or Black i think black will probally be the better fit just haven't had time to make a shell for it like i said before im busy :p. Testing with team mates mws M-l matches all over I guess. Whip flare does clear the board but its just another wrath imo O.o which i have no problem so like i said up top it was splashed for undying. I'd like for you to post a list that u think would be optimal.
JacobMatthew

PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2012 7:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Needs sphere of the suns + bonfire.
JacobMatthew

PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2012 7:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

what are you doing on turn 2? needs 4x sphere. turn 4 gideon or tamiyo , or being able to turn 4 or 5 terminus also seems good. You can get to 7cmc faster if you end up with 2 entreats in your hand, and Broodmate Dragon was a devastating card at 6cmc, so...
JeZeus

PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2012 11:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

4 Seachrome Coast
4 Darkslick Shores
4 Glacial Fortress
4 Plains
6 Island
1 Swamp
2 Evolving Wilds

4 Temporal Mastery
4 Terminus
4 Entreat the Angels
2 Vanishment
2 Devastation Tide

4 Think Twice
3 Ponder
2 Thought Scour
1 Dissipate

2 Gideon Jura
3 Tamiyo, the Moon Sage
4 Lingering Souls

SB: 3 Timely Reinforcements
SB: 2 Celestial Purge
SB: 2 Negate
SB: 1 Divine Offering
SB: 1 Revoke Existence
SB: 1 Dissipate
SB: 3 Geist of Saint Traft
SB: 2 Snapcaster Mage

If they had access to Lingering Souls in the PT, they would have used it. Since you have it in standard, not using it in a deck that can easily support it is just plain bad.

I'm going out on a limb but if this deck is to work in standard, it needs to be Esper colors.
EMA

PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2012 12:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JeZeus wrote:

cut

There is no way your list works, 23 lands with that curve is pure suicide. If you want to run 5 mana planeswalkers and have at least a decent shot at hardcasting miracles should you draw them, you need to run at least 27 or 25+ 3 mana artifacts.
Entreat the angels isn't nearly as good in t2 as it was in block, it has the same weaknesses that lingering souls have, (sword of war and peace, ratchet bomb) except that it costs a gazilion more and it doesn't help you stall early game like lingering does.

Moreover, feeling of dread was crucial for the deck to work, so you either get those back in or move pure esper with the tragic slip/doom blade/go for the throat-snapcaster suite.
I know one would assume that lingering souls and feeling of dread accomplish the same job but it really isn't the case. They are both awesome and crucial for the deck, so my best advice is to run the full playset of both, as well as the full playset of thought scours to maximize on the chance of getting free value out of flashback and miracles, cutting the entreat (or running a singleton with the snapcaster + noxious revival package)

I really want the miracle deck to work and I think this is a good starting point. It would be nice to fit lilianas and curses in since they sre so good in the delver matchup, but I had to surrender to the manabase not working.
Hopefully someone figures it out!
JeZeus

PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2012 4:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Its not a deck I really play, just a list I whipped up. Should have room for 25land, probably just missed something. More or less to say the deck should run Lingering Souls.
ishocrone

PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2012 3:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

New list just on paper no testing as of yet let me know and I would like to make it snapcaster mage control but what to take out is the question cuz then im running no planeswalkers which might b the best option but idk also if i run mages and no planeswalkers devastation tide would b nice and have alot of synergy and snapcaster ponder to set up miracles would b nice... idk anyone wanna whip up a uwb snapcaster miracle decklist? what would the win cond b entreat ??? to much hate for tokens sadly atm. Anyways heres the list.

// Deck file for Magic Workstation (http://www.magicworkstation.com)

// Lands
6 [CST] Plains (2)
3 [ST] Island (3)
4 [SOM] Seachrome Coast
4 [M12] Glacial Fortress
4 [SOM] Darkslick Shores
3 [ISD] Isolated Chapel
1 [ISD] Nephalia Drownyard

// Creatures
2 [MBS] Consecrated Sphinx

// Spells
3 [AVR] Temporal Mastery
3 [AVR] Entreat the Angels
4 [AVR] Terminus
3 [TSP] Think Twice
4 [M10] Ponder
2 [AVR] Tamiyo, the Moon Sage
2 [M12] Oblivion Ring
3 [MPR] Day of Judgment
3 [M12] Gideon Jura
2 [DKA] Sorin, Lord of Innistrad
4 [DKA] Lingering Souls

// Sideboard
SB: 3 [M12] Negate
SB: 1 [NPH] Karn Liberated
SB: 2 [SOM] Revoke Existence
SB: 2 [SOM] Nihil Spellbomb
SB: 1 [NPH] Dismember
SB: 1 [M12] Mind Rot
SB: 1 [NPH] Despise
SB: 1 [SOM] Memoricide
SB: 1 [NPH] Surgical Extraction
SB: 1 [ISD] Sever the Bloodline
SB: 1 [MBS] Go for the Throat
ishocrone

PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2012 4:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If i was to go control route since we do see alot of it i might add 3 mana leak 3x snapcaster instead of lingering and sorin but idk ill test this current list post results i think 4x terminus and 4x entreat are the way to go though
ishocrone

PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2012 5:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

minus 2 plains plus 2 islands to mana base only change
ishocrone

PostPosted: Sat May 26, 2012 9:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is your job to shoot down everyones deck idea :9 yes its not tier 1 prolly won't be unless it has that miracle build to it.... and right environment so far in testing however it runs like a uw control build. No the deck doesnt rely on the miracles but more on the planeswalkers and wraths where as the miracles are cheap tricks idk how to explain it but play test the deck i guess other than that sad face very very sad face :p
ishocrone

PostPosted: Sun Jun 03, 2012 5:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

it top 8ed master today which doesnt say much but it top 8ed ptq pescara which once again doesnt say much but in playtesting it does fairly well I also have an updated list but not gonna share it Smile
Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Standard (T2) Decks All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2