Magic-League.com Forum Index Magic-League.com
Forums of Magic-League: Free Online tcg playing; casual or tournament play.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

UG Infect with AVR (Metastasis)

Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Standard (T2) Decks
Balaviaris

PostPosted: Sun May 13, 2012 11:48 pm    Post subject: UG Infect with AVR (Metastasis) Reply with quote

Here's an update of a deck I played a couple of times here and quite a few people seemed to like. So if you're looking for a cheap extremely fast aggro deck, take a look:

4 Evolving Wilds
4 Forest
4 Island
4 Hinterland Harbor
4 Inkmoth Nexus

4 Wild Defiance
4 Livewire Lash
4 Glistener Elf
4 Blighted Agent
4 Spellskite

4 Ranger's Guile
4 Artful Dodge
4 Mutagenic Growth
4 Ponder
4 Gitaxian Probe

Sideboard:
4 Gutshot
4 Disperse
4 Mental Misstep
3 Memory's Journey

A brief explanation on card numbers: I love number 4 Smile
Its a pretty straightforward deck, makes good use of its pumps when combined with Lash or Wild Defiance, also has a mini-combo in it with 2 Spellskites on board and a Wild Defiance or Lash (pay as many times you have life for, to swap a spell between 2 Spellskites, triggering each time the Wild Defiance or Livewire Lash) and if the infect plan fails you can always just pump and attack for normal damage (I once did 20 damage with one attack from Spellskite Smile ).

Sideboard:
The main problem of this deck in the current meta is Thalia, hence the Gutshots. These are also good for Grim Lavamancers, and with a Wild Defiance on board it can be used as a free giant growth. Disperse are for cards like Gideon, Elesh Norn. Curse of Death's Hold. Nasty stuff... Mental Misstep is mostly for vapor snags, and counters lots of removals too. And Memory's Journey is a nice in-color graveyard hate sideboard card.

I've playtested a lot with it, and even if I'm not comfortable with all those 4-ofs, it seems that they work nicely after all. It can get a kill on turn 3, but can also play defensively and wait for the right moment for the 1-blow kill. Many of my opponents in MWS asked for the list after the games, since most of them got raped so hard they just wanted to make the deck in real life, its very cheap anyway Smile . Maybe I will join a trial and see how it goes here, haven't found the time to do so yet...

I'm waiting on your comments!
xJudicatorx

PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2012 12:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I played this deck a bit during Zen/Scars standard. Livewire Lash was always too expensive to equip and having 4 Lash, 4 Defiance is going to often leave you with lotds of pump and no creatures - or a few creatures and a bunch of pump in hand that's too expensive to cast until the other player has stabilized.
Magx

PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2012 7:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ck3gds wrote:
I put up a similar brew in my local forum just moments back, looks like great minds think alike Laughing

By the way, have you considered Ghostform? Giving up to two creatures +3/+3 with Wild Defiance and making them unblockable Twisted Evil

Artful Dodge does exactly the same thing (flashbacking it ) + it's an instant...
Balaviaris

PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2012 2:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MassO wrote:
No Skill Quit abusing your powers.

Magx: Artful dodge is a sorcery and is far worse, since it takes UU instead of 1U to cast.

Its not worse since you can target the same creature twice, giving it +6/+6 instead of +3/+3 that would take from ghostform (same with lash triggers).

Thanks for all your comments, by the way I saw a similar deck in a today's wizards article: last deck in http://www.wizards.com/Magic/Magazine/Article.aspx?x=mtg/daily/rc/195

Scarily similar Smile
eVoLwAyZ

PostPosted: Sun Jun 10, 2012 11:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ok i have a similar deck and i was playing my buddy and was running into the whole spellskit problem i was maybe thinking ratchet bombs maybe but the ug infect i got also swang for 6 infect turn two the first time i ran it
Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Standard (T2) Decks All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1