Magic-League.com Forum Index Magic-League.com
Forums of Magic-League: Free Online tcg playing; casual or tournament play.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Killing Wave

Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Magic Rulings
Bande

PostPosted: Sat May 12, 2012 6:39 am    Post subject: Killing Wave Reply with quote

I would really appreciate some education on killing wave. Smile

Assume I have 2 gravecrawlers and 2 Blood Artists in play. My opponent has 2 creatures in play.

I cast Killing Wave for 5. Is there a timing/stack issue or does it all just resolve simultaneously? In other words, does he choose to sacrifice first and then I choose?

If he sacrifices both creatures can I deal 4 damage/gain 4 life then sac my Blood Artist gain 2 and deal 2 damage, then sacrifice the last Blood Artist to gain one and deal one?
cloysterd

PostPosted: Sat May 12, 2012 6:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Assuming you're casting it on your turn:

1. You (Active Player) choose which creatures you're going to pay for.
2. Your opponent (Non-Active Player) chooses which creatures he's going to pay for.
3. The life payment and sacrifices all happen simultaneously.
4. Even if Blood Artist dies, it still "remembers" being on the battlefield long enough for its ability to trigger for each creature that died. So in your example if nobody pays to save their creatures you would get 6 triggers from each Artist for a total of 12.
Bande

PostPosted: Sat May 12, 2012 7:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the very clear response. Smile
Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Magic Rulings All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1