Magic-League.com Forum Index Magic-League.com
Forums of Magic-League: Free Online tcg playing; casual or tournament play.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

May 7 - May 20 Calendar discussion thread

Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Magic-League Tournaments

How many trials per 2 weeks do you usually play?
All of them (13)!
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
About 10!
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
About 5!
61%
 61%  [ 8 ]
Just 1 or 2!
23%
 23%  [ 3 ]
None! Who needs byes anyways?
15%
 15%  [ 2 ]
Total Votes : 13

DARKING
Level 3 Judge

PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2012 7:38 am    Post subject: May 7 - May 20 Calendar discussion thread Reply with quote

Thread to discuss anything related for the trial and master scheduled from May 7 to May 20. Link to it here: http://www.magic-league.com/info/calendar.php

Our next 2 weeks, we have:

5 Standard
2 Modern
2 Legacy
2 Avacyn Restored Sealed
1 Innistrad Block Constructed
1 Filth Casserole
1 Bring Your Own T2

Our next Master is Standard, and plenty of tournaments to test it. Also, note our 2 usual Other formats trials are still TBD. Have your voice be heard! Maybe the format you want to see this week will be chosen!
EDIT: the 2 TBD trials have been chosen.

Last edited by DARKING on Tue May 22, 2012 10:00 pm; edited 2 times in total
struikje

PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2012 8:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cool stuff, for fun formats: My picks are Cube sealed (!) and RFT.
pseudodespot

PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2012 8:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

CUB offers a hell of variance. Even more than normal limited. I do not recommend using it as a trial format. RFT sounds good though.
mtgsoldier

PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2012 2:51 pm    Post subject: choice Reply with quote

To the TBD slots i would recomend Pauper and RFT
Aladyyyn

PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2012 5:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd really like to see a Precon Wars trial. We have RFT all the time, would be nice to change it around Smile
Selkie

PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2012 2:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am really not a fan of RFT as a deciding format. There is no way to prepare, very little testing possible, and doesn't help better a player much. Sure you can make the "better deckbuilder" arguement, but how many people, in a whole season, make a new deck? 4-5 out of several thousand? Our deckbuilding doesn't need to be improved- what might be more interesting is for the judges to make a deck (preferably as complicated as possible, such as countertop thopter), leave 5 flex slots for players to add in what they want, then pit people's piloting abilities against each other. That sounds like it'd be much more fun. (don't pit aggro decks against each other, that'll end in "who's lucky"- make it a skill intensive pilot)
struikje

PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2012 1:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not that I'm complaining or anything, but was there a secret meeting about the TBD fun trials? I see Filth casserole and Bring Your Own T2 have been chosen. Now I only see these comments:

+CUB +RFT
-CUB +RFT
+Pauper +RFT
+Precon Wars (don't know thatone)
-RFT

I don't mind Bring your own T2 though Smile
Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Magic-League Tournaments All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1