Magic-League.com Forum Index Magic-League.com
Forums of Magic-League: Free Online tcg playing; casual or tournament play.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Master times

Goto page Previous  1, 2

This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Magic-League Tournaments
niknight

PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2012 2:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would be much more likely to TC a master if it were earlier in the day. Being done at 5 or 6 EST is much better than being done at 9-10 EST... especially for those of us who need to work on Monday.
Weedmonkey

PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2012 3:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

For what it's worth, Masters have always been timed to best hit a balance so that both US and European players can participate. That way the master gets as many players as possible Smile

As for time complaints, those of us in Australia have a start time of 11pm on a Sunday night usually. I've played in one master in my many years on M-L for that reason Wink
FlyingFreak

PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2012 3:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

StonerProud wrote:
FlyingFreak wrote:
Haha,

When I read the title of this topic I thought "finally an European player who complains about the late master hours".

But it's a lazy American who wants to move masters even later? Very Happy Are you kidding me? If you make the finals of masters as an European it's almost 3 AM, this means that an American player always has the edge in the finals against an European player because of sleepiness.

So if you ever think about starting master even later you're just fucking every single European player who wants to player masters!

How I hate it when idiot europeans dont think before they post anything! If ML started masters at noon euro time, more europeans would bitch and whine about it just like us "lazy" americans!

Europeans who think that Americans are lazy have to be the dumbest people on the planet! In the future, I just have to keep in mind to not get any sleep as ML will always cater to you europeans and basically fuck everyone else!

Stupid people are the bane of the world! You just cant fix that!

I'm not saying that Masters should start at noon GMT. I'm just saying that it's impossible to start Masters later. I've always seen ML as an American site so I've no idea why you are complaining! I wouldn't mind if Masters would start at 10 am GMT (hey we gotta think about our asian friends, no? :p ).

btw: Honestly ... I think the entire world thinks that Americans are lazy, no? ^^
darkwizard42
Level 2 Judge

PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2012 6:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nah, just Americans like StonerProud give us a bad name. Moving masters earlier is a great idea. No GP, PTQ starts past 10 AM anyway so buck up and wake up on time
StonerProud

PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2012 9:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

darkwizard42 wrote:
Nah, just Americans like StonerProud give us a bad name. Moving masters earlier is a great idea. No GP, PTQ starts past 10 AM anyway so buck up and wake up on time

That would make sense if I was American! >.> Im the better part of North America called Canada! If masters started at noon for the North Americas, its what in Europe, 2-3pm? How is that balanced? None of the europeans have to wake up on time since they are given more than enough time to be awake, yet I have to wake early because its sooner to me than it is to them! Again, I ask, how is that balanced? So please think before you post! >.>
LuckyDucky

PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2012 10:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

StonerProud wrote:
darkwizard42 wrote:

That would make sense if I was American! >.> Im the better part of North America called Canada! If masters started at noon for the North Americas, its what in Europe, 2-3pm? How is that balanced? None of the europeans have to wake up on time since they are given more than enough time to be awake, yet I have to wake early because its sooner to me than it is to them! Again, I ask, how is that balanced? So please think before you post! >.>

It seems to me your problem is that you apparently work a night shift on Saturday. Noon is not an early start time for regular people in North America and m-l isn't going to accommodate just you.
StonerProud

PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2012 12:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This coming from an european! >.>

Think before you post! Thanks
xJudicatorx

PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2012 12:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

StonerProud, you still have not given a single reason why you think Noon is too early and you have attacked people who disagreed with you several times. Either discuss this in a civilized manner or drop it.
LuckyDucky

PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2012 9:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

StonerProud wrote:
This coming from an european! >.>

Think before you post! Thanks

I'm a 'murican'
Weedmonkey

PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2012 1:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Whilst there are arguments in favor of a start time that isn't at 5am for those on the west coast, this thread has no longer become constructive. For those who would like the start time moved later, I would recommend emailing kaesh@magic-league.com and providing a constructive argument in favor of it.

Thread locked.
This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Magic-League Tournaments All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2