Magic-League.com Forum Index Magic-League.com
Forums of Magic-League: Free Online tcg playing; casual or tournament play.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Avacyn Restored UG land control

Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Modern
judas_bcn

PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2012 10:07 am    Post subject: Avacyn Restored UG land control Reply with quote

Do you guys think it is possible to build a land control deck after avacyn restored? I've said UG, but could as well be UR or even UGR. Tamiyo, boomerang, eye of nowhere, wipe away, consign to dream, regress, cryptic command, green land destruction, ramping into tamiyo... could also be URW, more control-like deck, with ajani, stone rain, wraths and/or prisons and removal, and some nasty combo to finish (phyrexian unlife or angel's grace and gut shot along with tamiyo's emblem).
C'mon, make your point!
styx^

PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2012 1:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gee, really? Netdeck a bit first before coming up with deckideas where everybody can tell you that it's megadumb, sorry but that's just the truth. If anything at all you can play UR Magnivore like in old T2 just with new cards, but since there's a lot of better cards out now with which you can basicly replace the entire deck and the game got a lot faster... Don't think i need to say more...
judas_bcn

PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2012 1:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

styx^ wrote:
Gee, really? Netdeck a bit first before coming up with deckideas where everybody can tell you that it's megadumb, sorry but that's just the truth. If anything at all you can play UR Magnivore like in old T2 just with new cards, but since there's a lot of better cards out now with which you can basicly replace the entire deck and the game got a lot faster... Don't think i need to say more...

no need of being a moron, if you don't like it just ask a judge to move it to casual forum, it won't bother me. i don't like netdecking 'cause i don't play real life magic, i only play online and for fun, specially to screw people like you who want to think they're extremely professional and good players, while everything they do could be done by a monkey, copying other people work and becoming an expert in playing it just by repetition. with this i don't want to say everyone who netdecks responds to this profile, but i can't stand those who in fact do and mock on other's initiative.

However, i still think there's a deck in here. just add some proliferate effects, draw engine, some kind of mana accel and board control and you got it.
judas_bcn

PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2012 1:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

besides, how do you want me to netdeck if avacyn restored hasn't yet been released???
GDP

PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2012 2:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What he is trying to say, without being rude, is that if you play a few matches with the decks that people generally win with- you can get a feel for the format and what will and will not work against those decks, making you a much better rogue deck builder
EMA

PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2012 3:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I guess he just meant that if you play the format, you'll realize that bouncing lands isn't a good idea in a format where affinity is tier 1, one drops are 3/2 flyers and 2 drops are 4/5s.

Of course you can build that type of deck (most likely featuring 4 boom/bust and 4 bloodbraid elves), but it would just fold to everything that isn't some tron variant.
judas_bcn

PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2012 3:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

All you said it's true, and i know it. i also know i don't like my ideas being told "dumb", if that's not rude then tell me what is.
about the deck, i also know that delvers and tarmos and kotr and almost every creature is killable. i also know that after gaining board control, if your opp has no lands it is hard for him to cast more creatures. also know that prisons or ensnaring bridge will make their creatures useless. But putting together 60 that can do this all is hard. that's why i opened this threat. and if after some constructive criticism, not in the likes of "that's dumb", "delver's better" and so, i conclude that this is not worth even for casual playing, i'll put the idea aside and move onto another one. but first of all i'd like to come up with 75 that good look in paper to later on test and discuss it's pros and cons. did i anywhere say "competitive" or "tier 1-2". oh, wait, i did not!
That's all folks.
Grizzly440

PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2012 5:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

well said to the dumb ones who can't read. i find mwonvuli acid moss to kill a land and fetch one good. it fetches a forest but if you run r/g stomping ground is a valid target. i would consider acidic slime. options to kill land or artifact or enchantments. i would consider mana dorks for ramping so you can drop four drops by turn 3 or 4. run flagstones or fetch lands if you want boom bust. reap and sow for more fetching land kill options. goyfs for some beats. stone rain and molten rain for those modern non basic land lovers. blood moon for same reasons. demolish for land and artifact hae. magnivores for a finisher. bolts and paths fro removal. also you could use landkilling lands with crucible of worlds? hope you like my ideas. thanks for reading.
AxiomBlurr

PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2012 6:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is it possible? Yes. Would it win consistently (60% or more)? No.

1st: Modern is really deep and draws on a huge card pool, thus each new set only really adds a small number of cards to the meta- Avacyn Restored will not alter modern's meta much IMO.

2nd) The deck you are proposing doesn't already exist in the current meta, therefore it is a rogue. Rogue Deck Wins are possible/feasible in the modern format yet they need to be stupidly efficient in achieving their aims (as EMA already stated, the curves in Modern are superb. Things like 1:16 2:12 3:6 4:4 even for control decks with tier 1 beat sticks are common). What you suggest looks like the antithesis of stupidly efficient.

3rd) Hats off to you for proposing an idea that excites you!! If you come up with a profoundly efficient and effective list be sure to post it.
Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Modern All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1