Magic-League.com Forum Index Magic-League.com
Forums of Magic-League: Free Online tcg playing; casual or tournament play.
 
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

vexing devil


Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 
Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Casual or Other Decks
Author Message
GunsAndDope



Joined: 12 Jul 2011
Posts: 261

PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2012 12:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

1 drops in RDW are meant to do as much damage as possible before their inevitable death, in hopes of slowly working the opp down to burn range. With that being said, Vexing Devil is a great card that's only relevant early game. Late game, for RDW, he's less than spectacular, but can easily turn into fodder for Faithless Looting.

By the way, I like how Magic-League is "vexed" at Vexing Devil.

It's true, irony IS when life imitates art.
Back to top
Grizzly440



Joined: 21 Feb 2012
Posts: 15

PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2012 3:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

you guys are such experts ha? he is good. period.
Back to top
GreenBear



Joined: 27 Jul 2010
Posts: 899

PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2012 3:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Grizzly440 wrote:
you guys are such experts ha? he is good. period.


Your argument is excellent and incredibly well put together I must concede I am wrong.
Back to top
pg8



Joined: 27 Feb 2011
Posts: 299

PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2012 5:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ManfredByron wrote:
Grizzly440 wrote:
you guys are such experts ha? he is good. period.


Your argument is excellent and incredibly well put together I must concede I am wrong.


Grizzly440: Winning debates with punctuation marks since 22 Feb 2012.
Back to top
Ffancrzy
Level 1 Judge


Joined: 30 Apr 2006
Posts: 258

PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2012 6:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

pg8 wrote:
ManfredByron wrote:
Grizzly440 wrote:
you guys are such experts ha? he is good. period.


Your argument is excellent and incredibly well put together I must concede I am wrong.


Grizzly440: Winning debates with punctuation marks since 22 Feb 2012.


And prolific capitalization.
Back to top
JacobMatthew



Joined: 16 Dec 2009
Posts: 131

PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2012 7:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

there might be some way to abuse 1cmc reanimation .... like proc.. it seems ok to hit off of bbe... ranger of eos seems good... i think there are ways to make this card good guys, no???
Back to top
JacobMatthew



Joined: 16 Dec 2009
Posts: 131

PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2012 7:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

vengevine??
Back to top
derflippi
Level 4 Judge


Joined: 19 Mar 2005
Posts: 1402
Location: Weiterstad

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2012 10:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's worse than Browbeat.
Back to top
darkwizard42
Level 2 Judge


Joined: 02 Sep 2005
Posts: 260

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2012 11:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Flippi knows best.
Back to top
Mrrr



Joined: 06 Aug 2011
Posts: 65

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2012 12:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

darkwizard42 wrote:
Flippi knows best.


Lies.
Back to top
GreenBear



Joined: 27 Jul 2010
Posts: 899

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2012 2:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CMA-Flippi wrote:
It's worse than Browbeat.


I must confess I have changed my mind again like a bisexul girl stuck between Cheryl Cole and George Clooney. Your argument was both compelling and informative and sunk old Grizzly440 argument in a similar fashion to how a large slab of ice sunk the titanic back in 1912.
Back to top
Strid3r



Joined: 18 Jan 2010
Posts: 295

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2012 2:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ManfredByron wrote:
CMA-Flippi wrote:
It's worse than Browbeat.


I must confess I have changed my mind again like a bisexul girl stuck between Cheryl Cole and George Clooney. Your argument was both compelling and informative and sunk old Grizzly440 argument in a similar fashion to how a large slab of ice sunk the titanic back in 1912.


I would say it is better than browbeat. Notice the difference in mana costs: browbeat costs 2R, vexing devil costs R
Back to top
GreenBear



Joined: 27 Jul 2010
Posts: 899

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2012 2:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JacobMatthew wrote:
there might be some way to abuse 1cmc reanimation .... like proc.. it seems ok to hit off of bbe... ranger of eos seems good... i think there are ways to make this card good guys, no???


Ranger of Eos would actually make it excusable maybe in some boros shell, its just the card is pretty weak when drew naturally but I like the fact your thinking outside the box. But the question you have to ask with regards to the ranger though is would it ever be better than figure of destiny to fetch.
Back to top
GDP



Joined: 14 Jun 2009
Posts: 19

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2012 5:55 pm    Post subject: Worse than Browbeat Reply with quote

Second that. Worse than Browbeat. At least the opponent almost never wants you to draw 3 so you can corner them with it when they can't take the damage. With VD it will be rare that both options are problematic for the opponent.

Can't believe people keep talking about this in Delver. Yeah... dome you for 4 then sit back on Leaks and Snags, great plan... Only could be even considered decent when you're already swinging with an Insectile Abberation, and then wouldn't anything be better (and also playable when you're not already winning)???
Back to top
Jacois



Joined: 05 Sep 2004
Posts: 1201

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2012 7:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The cards broken.
Back to top
Display posts from previous:   
Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Casual or Other Decks All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4

 


Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group

All content on this page may not be reproduced without consent of Magic-League Directors.
Magic the Gathering is TM and copyright Wizards of the Coast, Inc, a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc. All rights reserved.


About Us | Contact Us | Privacy Policy