Magic-League.com Forum Index Magic-League.com
Forums of Magic-League: Free Online tcg playing; casual or tournament play.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Getting Started Guide and FAQ: Feedback

Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> General Magic-League Issues

How useful do you find the guide and FAQ?
Excellent! Has all the information I need to know
50%
 50%  [ 2 ]
Good! I can get myself started on Magic-League with minimal assistance
25%
 25%  [ 1 ]
Alright. I have some idea of what I need to do, but I need some help getting going
25%
 25%  [ 1 ]
Not that great. I struggle to understand it and am not entirely sure what to do
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
The guide doesn't help me at all :(
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 4

Weedmonkey

PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2012 7:37 pm    Post subject: Getting Started Guide and FAQ: Feedback Reply with quote

I have noticed in recent weeks an influx of new blood. Many of these people I have noticed are still joining #magic-league and asking how to get started, even though there is an announcement to all new users to check out the getting started guide on the Magic-League home page.

Keeping in mind that there is a limit to how much information we can provide due to an agreement with Wizards of the Coast (basically concerning specific play applications), it would be much appreciated if feedback was given on both the usefulness and accessibility of the new guides.

Although I have a couple of other projects lined up, I do intend on using the feedback to improve the guides in the near future. Any help is greatly appreciated Very Happy

(I'm also happy to have feedback from both new and old members)
xJudicatorx

PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2012 8:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My biggest issue with it is that people seem to be finding #magic-league without finding magic-league.com. That is to say that they are registering, joining chat, and not even realizing that there is other stuff to look at on the homepage. A big way to help this might be to automatically open a new tab/page when someone clicks on the "Chat & Play Room" link. Even better would be to have the site-based irc client in a frame that still leaves the list of helpful links to the left of the main content.
derflippi
Level 4 Judge

PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2012 3:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

New window opening on chat&play room click can be done.

Edited:
Made Chat&Play Room open a new window with left and right grids.

Edited2:
At least when on mainpage, not in forums (forum site + mainpage are coded differently)
Ffancrzy
Level 1 Judge

PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2012 3:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

more people need to link to MagicLeagueTutorials on Youtube.
Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> General Magic-League Issues All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1