Magic-League.com Forum Index Magic-League.com
Forums of Magic-League: Free Online tcg playing; casual or tournament play.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Need Help With Splinter Twin List

Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Modern
GreenBear

PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2012 3:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've been thinking a bit about twin, one card that could potentially be very good in the list is commune with nature, if you can fit in green as well and more kiki's it fetches all parts of the combo and spellskite and is more powerful a spell than either impulse or preordain in this situation, which is huge. How ever if you dont have shocks prob not going to be able to do it.
magicman85

PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2012 4:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't really play Modern what are you expecting the meta to look like?
EMA

PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2012 5:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, I'd definitely play at least 3 firespouts maindeck in that meta, plus I'd also play lightning bolt over flame slash, vs affinity it's so much better to have the option of killing the creature they put plating on.
More echoing truths in the sb since it's the only card that answers every piece of hate, and basicly u side it in in every matchup when you don't know what kind of hate they are packing.
So the list i would run is -2 flame slash +2 lighting bolt, +3 firespouts.

If the meta is that affinity heavy, I'd consider having some hate in the maindeck, like an ancient grudge instead of the singleton echoing truth. I like grudge over spree, I think it's just better than spree, the only downside being it needs G, but having acces to green mana also lets you pack vines of vastwood in the sb which is very good vs decks packing a ton of instant speed removal. Vendilion clique is another card I'd like to have in the sb.
GreenBear

PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2012 3:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is how i would do twin

4 commune with nature
4 birds of paradise
4 Dispell
3 spellskite
4 Fauna Shaman
4 Deceiver Exarch
3 Pestermite
4 Splinter Twin
4 Kiki-jiki mirror breaker
1 Venser shaper savant
1 Glen Eladra Archmage

4 Breeding pool
4 Misty Rainforest
4 Steam Vents
4 Cascade bluffs
4 Scalding Tarn
2 Forest
1 island
1 mountain

sb
1 ratchet bomb
3 vulshock sorcerer
3 Firespout
2 spell pierce
2 ancient grudge
1 glen eladra arch mage
2 Fulmiate mage
2 Viridian Shaman

Advantages

i can kill a turn faster

i get to play commune with nature which is more powerful a 1 mana library manipulation spell than any of the other available

i get to play fauna shaman which acts as another must kill creature as it can fetch both parts of the combo by itself, as well as whatever silver bullets the meta dictates, if my opponent does not kill fauna i fetch the combo, if he does it draws out a removal spell that could otherwise be spent disrupting the combo, when i may have the combo already.

Cons

The mana is slightly less consistent

Its harder to sculpt hands when your manipulation/search effects are all creature centric.
GreenBear

PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2012 6:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Please keep me posted on what you find.
GreenBear

PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2012 6:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cool.
Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Modern All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1