Magic-League.com Forum Index Magic-League.com
Forums of Magic-League: Free Online tcg playing; casual or tournament play.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

uw delver vs naya pod

Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Standard (T2) Decks
watkins

PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2012 9:26 am    Post subject: uw delver vs naya pod Reply with quote

what are the best sb options that uw delver has against naya pod?

i know dungeon geist is good and divine offering/revoke existence is ok but i feel that there should be something else that im missing.

some people have said timely reinforcements is good but i feel that it doesnt help progress your position at all (which is what you want to be doing when your playing delver) against naya because your tokens dont trade with any of their guys, at best it just stalls and a pod deck that can pod into elesh norn is going to win the long game vs delver.

if anyone has any sb ideas for delver in this matchup please share.
Spyx

PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2012 2:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gut Shot
GDP

PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2012 7:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

creature enchantments that grant flying on Geist seems like a theoretically good way to beat Naya Pod.
JeZeus

PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2012 4:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Beating naya pod with Delver, in particular DelverBlade is all about Sculpting your hand and less about 'beating' their deck. You really need to get a solid start and put pressure on them to simply out race them. I've found artifact removal to be 'ok' against them except for the fact that the only artifact the deck really runs is pod. Keeping that in mind, if they don't have pod out you have dead cards in your hand. In my matches (Naya pod has become quite popular in my local meta) I would lose game after game, which became quite frustrating. Then I changed my sideboard and added DoJ. It is easily one of the best sideboard option in just about any meta, its a great catch all card and generally people arent expecting it to be sided in against them when playing vs Delver. I've switched back to Lingering Spirits though personally, since the three most popular decks right now again in my meta are Naya Kessig, Naya Pod, and DelverBLade. All of which Lingering Spirits generally performs better against. Hope any of this helps. Good luck
Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Standard (T2) Decks All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1