MTGMadness Advertisement
Magic-League.com Forum Index Magic-League.com
Forums of Magic-League: Free Online tcg playing; casual or tournament play.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Master Prizes

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Magic-League Tournaments
Farseer
Level 3 Judge

PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2012 12:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No prizes for the master this week? (8 April 2012)
pantheismftw

PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2012 1:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Farseer, that looks to be how it has been for a while, no prizes at any master.

I think we should just figure this out asap, and if if indeed this website can't generate sufficient revenue to support prizes, then it just needs to say so. That really doesn't seem to be the case, and if it is the site simply needs more adspace. Either way actually we need more ads, Just look at all that wasted space you are looking at right now that could be generating prize pools! A website as high-volume as this one could easily be earning at least a grand a month. Just imagine if we had like 600 dollars in prizes to give out each month, seriously imagine. Why isn't this how it is? Does it have to do with legal stuff with Hasbro? I wish Nico would respond!

I think we really need to hold off on new prizes until we figure this out, and ideally until everyone who was promised prizes receives them.
niknight
Judge Director
Level 5 Judge

PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2012 2:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pantheism,

The issue, as far as we know, isn't revenue. The issue is that the people in charge of the league's financials have gone completely AWOL. If the current staff had the capability to access this, we would take care of it.
Farseer
Level 3 Judge

PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2012 5:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Suggest new website w/active owership?
[paradox]

PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2012 12:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah i split for first in august of last year and emailed nico a bunch of times too but he never answered so i just forgot about it. I haven't played nearly as much since then because grinding out byes and such isn't worth my time at that point. Hopefully everything works out and they get prizes up and running again, until then i'll just hop on every once and a while to jam a practice game.
jotappj

PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2012 4:27 am    Post subject: Masters Reply with quote

i Win like 120 dolars in 3 masters, but never receive anything, i combined with nico the cards i want and he never send then and never response my emails. Very nice mr nico. I still want my $120 from 2 years ago ok?
HomieK

PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2012 3:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well if what you guys are saying is true why dosnt someone else have a site like this and be able to offer same if not bigger prizes and make a profit?
Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Magic-League Tournaments All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2