Magic-League.com Forum Index Magic-League.com
Forums of Magic-League: Free Online tcg playing; casual or tournament play.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Knowledge Pool Combos?

Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Magic Rulings
Tritemio

PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2012 6:45 am    Post subject: Knowledge Pool Combos? Reply with quote

how work Knowledge Pool with Rule of Law? I think is something wrong.

What if instead of Rule of law, i have Curse of Exhaustion or Teferi, Mage of Zhalfir?
pseudodespot

PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2012 7:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The first combination is a hard lock for all players. Unless at least one of the two cards leaves the battlefield, which can't be accomplished by a spell, there will no spells resolve for the rest of the game.
Since the first spell cast by each player will be exiled and then the player will be given the chance to cast a second spell already exiled with the pool, which is forbidden by Rule of Law. Effects that say something can't happen take precedence.

With the curse this is true just for the cursed player.

[s]With Teferi out you opponent will be able to cast spells out of the pool, if they do it at their main phases. Since the stack is empty after the first spell was exiled by the pool, the restriction by Teferi is met.[/s]
Knowledge pool does not grant the option to cast the second spell for the rest of the turn. So that is also a lock.

Last edited by pseudodespot on Thu Mar 29, 2012 11:14 am; edited 1 time in total
pg8

PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2012 8:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Actually, with Teferi on the battlefield, your opponent will still be in a hard lock. When Knowledge Pool's ability is resolving, the ability is still on the stack. That isn't a time that that player could cast a sorcery, so that player won't be able to cast anything with Knowledge Pool.
Tritemio

PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2012 8:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i'm not sure about pg8 says
MikeL123

PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2012 9:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am. He's right.
cloysterd

PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2012 2:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

pg8 is correct.
Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Magic Rulings All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1