Magic-League.com Forum Index Magic-League.com
Forums of Magic-League: Free Online tcg playing; casual or tournament play.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Huntmaster of the Fells

Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Magic Rulings
Tritemio

PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2012 4:34 pm    Post subject: Huntmaster of the Fells Reply with quote

when Huntmaster of the Fells transform, if my opponent don't have creature , i make only 2 damge to him?

Can i use the same ability on a planeswalker instead?
Ffancrzy
Level 1 Judge

PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2012 4:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Since the ability says "up to" 1 target creature your opponent controls, you can choose, 0 creatures.

You can't shoot a Planeswalker with the creature part of the ability, since Planeswalkers aren't creatures. However you can shoot your opponent with the player part of the damage, then redirect that part of it to his planeswalker.

So in short.

Just Opponent: Ok
Just Opponent's Planeswalker: Ok
Opponent's Planeswalker and Opponents Creature: Ok
Opponent and Opponent's Creature: Ok
Opponent and Opponent's Planeswalker: No
magicman85

PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2012 6:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Any non-combat damage that would be dealt to a player can be redirected to a planeswalker that player controls instead.
Pushover

PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2012 12:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If your opponent has shroud/hexproof for whatever reason (leyline of sanctity), you also will not be able to damage one of his creatures.
Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Magic Rulings All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1