Magic-League.com Forum Index Magic-League.com
Forums of Magic-League: Free Online tcg playing; casual or tournament play.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Aggro Red Deck (budget)

Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Standard (T2) Decks
Awkward

PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2012 12:01 am    Post subject: Aggro Red Deck (budget) Reply with quote

just got my first handful of magic cards and played in my first FNM. I have a small budget- but I would love some ideas, help, or tips on this deck. so far I have 3 dark ascension packs, about 6$'s in the common and uncommon box at my store.

My record 3-2-0 in the FNM.

Creature: 21

4 x Goblin Wardriver
2 x Hellrider
4 x Goblin Fireslinger
4 x Furnace Scamp
4 x Immolating Souleatre
3 x Torch Fling

Sorcery: 4

4 x Arc Trail

Instant: 15

4 x Shock
4 x Geistflame
3 x Fling
3 x Brimstone Volley
1 x Incinerate

Lands: 20

20 x Mountain

This is my deck and I'm looking for some help so I can maybe win a pack or two next time. If Red is not the best way to play budget ill listen to any impute you have. But I wont lie it shocked me how well this worked. I have some good trade stuff from the packs so If the card costs a little I may be able to trade for it.

*updated*
removed 4 x teetering peaks --> 4 x Mountain.
removed 2 x Mountain --> 2 x Ghost Quarter
removed 2 x Act of Treason , 4 x Galvanic Blast --. 3 x Fling, 3 x Brimstone Volley
removed 3 x Torch Fling --> 3 x Torch Fling
removed 2 x Ghost Quarter --> 4 x Mountain
removed 4 x Goblin Arsonist --> 2 x Hellrider

Last edited by Awkward on Thu Mar 08, 2012 9:41 pm; edited 6 times in total
pg8

PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2012 12:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Red is probably the best color for a budget deck built from bulk commons due to how many constructed viable red commons there are.

I'll try not to tell you to just make a typical RDW deck, because I doubt that's going to be helpful. The best card for you to pick up to add to this list is Shrine of Burning Rage, which is a 4-of in every self-respecting monored deck.

Teetering Peaks is not standard legal. Act of treason is really bad against decks without a million titans, and then Traitorous Blood is just better.

And what FNM has 14 rounds???
Awkward

PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2012 12:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

darn I added teetering peaks tonight! I played 5 rounds with a losers bracket. winning 3 and losing 2.

i'll have to added shrine of burning rage ASAP, it looks really good.

updated first post list to be standard legal thanks to pg8's advice and I fixed the round numbers Very Happy
Mrrr

PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2012 5:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mike is right, fling+souleater is the most ghetto combo there is.

I think that stormblood berserker might be better than porcelain legionaire. His three toughness makes him quite hard to get rid of.
Awkward

PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2012 8:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

wow thanks a lot everyone! i'll update the list on the cover with some of the improvements you have recommended and show you were i'm at(a lot of the cards you guys said the store is out of so ill have to try and trade this wensday/friday!)

Fling was a great add for the price! and I got the cheese combo off once already for a smooth 16 damage.

Touch Fiend won has won a few games for me aswell, so thanks Engrish!
Awkward

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2012 9:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

*updated list*

I could use help with a Sideboard. I have been having problems with the human and token decks.

loved the notes Engrishskill, once i can find Incinerates ill try that idea out! odds are ill move Galvanic Blast in place of Geistflame.

*edit*
how would tossing runechanter's pike help?
Omnom

PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2012 7:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Whipflare deals with humans and tokens pretty well and it's uncommon.
Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Standard (T2) Decks All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1