Magic-League.com Forum Index Magic-League.com
Forums of Magic-League: Free Online tcg playing; casual or tournament play.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Poor man's RDW

Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Modern
LuckyDucky

PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2012 5:07 pm    Post subject: Poor man's RDW Reply with quote

I wanted to start playing constructed MTG in real life instead of just on M-L, and T2 requires too many rares in the good decks, so I settled on Modern.

The obvious choice for a poor man is RDW as most of the cards are common and easy to get.

My deck list is below. The sideboard cards are all cards I currently own and could use in the deck instead of what is there.

Please offer your comments on how to make the deck better without making me buy all the expensive rares. Very Happy

The theory of the deck is to ignore pretty much everything the opponent does and just cast all your spells targeting him or her.

Finally, if you have suggestions for rares, I will take the suggestions as cards I can possibly trade for in the future.

ETA: The sideboard replacements are replace flame javelins, then incinerate if more sb cards are needed.

UPDATED list

// Lands
21 [M11] Mountain (1)

// Creatures
4 [PLC] Keldon Marauders
4 [CFX] Hellspark Elemental

// Spells
4 [TSP] Rift Bolt
4 [M11] Lightning Bolt
4 [CHK] Lava Spike
4 [BOK] Flames of the Blood Hand
4 [ISD] Brimstone Volley
4 [M12] Incinerate
2 [M12] Shock
2 [MOR] Shard Volley
3 [SHM] Flame Javelin

// Sideboard
SB: 4 [SHM] Smash to Smithereens
SB: 4 [10E] Cryoclasm
SB: 4 [9E] Guerrilla Tactics
SB: 3 [WWK] Searing Blaze

Last edited by LuckyDucky on Sun Feb 26, 2012 7:19 pm; edited 5 times in total
magicman85

PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2012 5:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Take out the Terramorphic Expanses mountains are better.
DragonStar23

PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2012 7:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Brimestone valley really needs to go imho. Consider its going to take at least one other card to make this card optimal and at that point its still not very ideal.

Consider running flame jabs. After your third land drop all your other mountians can be used to rebuy the flame jab so every top deck card will be useful. Also there are alot of heavily played creatures with 1 toughness anyway.
cloysterd

PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2012 8:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

At the very least, dump Shock. I think they throw you out of the AIR club for playing Shock. Brimstone Volley is potentially nice with Marauders, but I think you want something more reliable.

I believe the typical AIR deck runs Goblin Guide and/or Grim Lavamancer, neither of which are very expensive. If you don't want to spend even that much, better burn spells include Char (dirt cheap), Staggershock, or extra Flame Javelin/Shard Volley.
JacobMatthew

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2012 8:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

put up twenty bucks and buy goblin guides.
Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Modern All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1