Magic-League.com Forum Index Magic-League.com
Forums of Magic-League: Free Online tcg playing; casual or tournament play.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Knotvine Paladin and Village Bell-Ringer

Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Magic Rulings
Chattem99

PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2012 11:50 pm    Post subject: Knotvine Paladin and Village Bell-Ringer Reply with quote

In the instance that I have a Knotvine Paladin 2/2 (When he attacks he gets +1/+1 for each untapped creature you control) and 4 memnites 1/1.

I'm attacking with all 5 creatures.

Before opponent chooses blockers, I tap the mana to play Village Bell-Ringer 1/4 FLASH (When he enters the battlefield untap all creatures you control)

Would this buff my Knotvine to a 6/6 and still deal 1/1 for each memnite basically doing 10 total damage?
LuckyDucky

PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2012 11:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Links for you:

Knotvine Paladin

Village Bell-Ringer

Memnite
xJudicatorx

PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2012 12:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

To be clear on this:

When you attack with Knotvine Paladin, a trigerred ability is put on the stack.("Whenever ~ attacks, it gets +1/+1 for each untapped creature you control")

You can respond to that ability by doing many different things to untap your creatures. Village bell-Ringer is one; you could also use Twiddle, or Spidery Grasp, or Turnabout. The ability will not check how many creatures are untapped until it resolves. Once it does resolve, it doesn't matter if your creatures become untapped later in the turn.

So let's say you did it correctly:
Swing with KVP and 4 Memnite
In response to trigerred ability, cast Village Bell-ringer.
Bell ringer resolve sand untaps, leaving you 6 untapped creatures.
KVP gets +6/+6 until end of turn.
You are now attack with 4 1/1's and an 8/8
Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Magic Rulings All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1