Magic-League.com Forum Index Magic-League.com
Forums of Magic-League: Free Online tcg playing; casual or tournament play.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

exile

Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Magic Rulings
Lurtzeros

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2012 11:53 am    Post subject: exile Reply with quote

I need help with resolving this situation:
I got Skirsdag High Priest, 2 Gravecrawlers. They are all without summoning sickness. My opponent casts Fiend Hunter and exile my priest. After that i Incinerate his Fiend Hunter and my priest is coming back from exile. In this situation, his Hunter died so I can use morbid ability. Can i tap priest with two Gravecrawlers for creating Demon token?

TLDR When exiled creature comes back to battlefield, is it affected by new summoning sickness or it comes back in state as it were before. eg. without summoning sickness.
Thanks for help in advance guys.
pseudodespot

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2012 12:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No you cannot use the priest.

Although it is the same physical card, the priest that returned from exile is a new object, that was not under your control since the beginning of your most recent turn. So it has "summoning sickness."

Btw. that is true for each other zone change as well.
GunsAndDope

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2012 2:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

However, if he would have used Fiend Hunter to exile a Gravecrawler, after you incinerate the Hunter, you would be able to use the Priest's morbid ability to tap the two Gravecrawlers.

tl;dr: Summoning sick Gravecrawlers can still tap for Priest's ability.
Pushover

PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2012 5:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The alternative is that you could respond to the ETB trigger with incinerate, use the morbid, then have your priest be exiled permanently.

In order for a card not to have summoning sickness, you must have controlled it CONTINUOUSLY since the start of your turn. Since it left the battlefield, you no longer have controlled it continuously. If the card changed controllers and then changed back (such as a Sower of Temptation eating an incinerate), the priest would also have summoning sickness
Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Magic Rulings All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1