Magic-League.com Forum Index Magic-League.com
Forums of Magic-League: Free Online tcg playing; casual or tournament play.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

GW Ramp

Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Standard (T2) Decks
GunsAndDope

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2012 11:04 am    Post subject: GW Ramp Reply with quote

GW Ramp

// Lands
4 [M12] Sunpetal Grove
6 [M12] Plains (4)
6 [M12] Forest (2)
4 [ISD] Gavony Township
4 [SOM] Razorverge Thicket

// Creatures
4 [ISD] Avacyn's Pilgrim
4 [SOM] Palladium Myr
4 [M12] Llanowar Elves
4 [M12] Birds of Paradise
2 [NPH] Elesh Norn, Grand Cenobite

// Spells
4 [DKA] Increasing Devotion
3 [M12] Garruk, Primal Hunter
3 [SOM] Elspeth Tirel
4 [MBS] White Sun's Zenith
4 [M12] Oblivion Ring

// Sideboard
SB: 3 [M12] Gideon Jura
SB: 4 [SOM] Revoke Existence
SB: 4 [NPH] Gut Shot
SB: 4 [M12] Day of Judgment (Currently replaced with 4x Timely Reinforcement, which seems better versus weenie aggro decks)

I've been kicking this around for a little while. I'm not sure if I like the idea of creature-based mana ramp mixed with tokens in a meta full of Ratchet Bomb.

The God-hand is:
- Turn One: Mana dork
- Turn Two: Palladium
- Turn Three: Your choice of planeswalker or Increasing Devotion, as well as any other mana dorks.
- Turn Four: Gavoney Township
- Turn Five: ????
- Turn Six: Profit.

Primevil Titan seems like he would fit in, but I'm not sure. Maybe take out some of the ramp for it.

Any suggestions?

Match Record

vs UB Control - (2-0 win) Was pretty easy. Get out the early mana ramp then set back and township them up until I force him to play his removal, all the while keeping bombs in my hand. Didn't see Ratchet Bomb either game.
Bezo

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2012 9:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree with Mr_Weebles. DoJ, whipflare, slagstorm, BSZ, etc are going to hurt too much.
GunsAndDope

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2012 11:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bezo wrote:
I agree with Mr_Weebles. DoJ, whipflare, slagstorm, BSZ, etc are going to hurt too much.

With Gavoney Township, they pump up quick, so really only DoJ is gonna matter. The biggest threat is gonna be gut shot, I think.
scopeless

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2012 11:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I love the idea of saying FORGET PRIMEVAL TITAN and going to Elesh. It can singlehandedly win games against some decks WITHOUT ATTACK, whereas titan dies to removal and there goes your threat.

I do agree though with what others have stated about a creature-heavy manabase. -Paladium and +Rampant would do the trick.
Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Standard (T2) Decks All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1