Magic-League.com Forum Index Magic-League.com
Forums of Magic-League: Free Online tcg playing; casual or tournament play.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Create a Card 93 Color Shifting

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Other - Magic
Gademis

PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2012 3:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Circle of Life - GG2

Sorcery - (rare)

Destroy target non-artifact creature or put target creature card from your graveyard into the battlefield.

"All living things must follow the circle of life, I'm just hasting a bit" - Druid apprentice
Balaviaris

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2012 11:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anastasis 2WW

Sorcery Rare

Return target creature card from your graveyard to the battlefield.

Suspend 3 - W (Rather than cast this card from your hand, you may pay W and exile it with a time counter on it. At the beginning of your upkeep, remove a time counter. When the last is removed, cast it without paying its mana cost.)

"He was buried, and he was raised from the dead on the third day, just as the Scriptures said." - 1 Corinthians 15:4
JestersBoots

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2012 2:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Balaviaris wrote:
Anastasis 2WW

Sorcery Rare

Suspend 3 - W (Rather than cast this card from your hand, you may pay W and exile it with a time counter on it. At the beginning of your upkeep, remove a time counter. When the last is removed, cast it without paying its mana cost.)

"He was buried, and he was raised from the dead on the third day, just as the Scriptures said." - 1 Corinthians 15:4

You realize this is not at all off color? In fact, the first ever card that returned a creature from the GY to the battlefield was not only white, and a sorcery, but had the same CMC. I get the flavor of the "Suspend" and "waiting three days" silliness, but I sort of thought the purpose was to do something offcolor.
Ffancrzy
Level 1 Judge

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2012 11:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This was a tough challenge I think for people because the color pie is to tight and a lot of people didn't understand that you need a purpose to shift things, lets see how they did.

Stucco wrote:
Spark Elemental, Hellspark Elemental, etc.

Transient Morgana...............................................................................U
Creature - Illusion................................................................................C

Flying, Haste

When another creature enters the battlefield, sacrifice Transient
Morgana.

It meanders over the silver-lined lake, fleeting in and out of
existence.

2/1

Power vs Fairness: 6
Sense in this Color: 7
Template: 5
Flavor 5

This is probably a little worse than something like Phantasmal Bear because presumably you'd want to be able to curve out with them. This is a perfectly fair card otherwise. This makes sense in this color because of the idea of it being a phantom that is an illusion, however Haste has no justification for being color shifted here, other than the card sucking without it. An elegant way to get around this would have been to give it Flash instead, so it has "psudo haste" on the next turn. All in all, a solid submission.

23/30

Duodax wrote:
Darkness Spike 1B

Instant - Common

Choose one - Target creature gets -0/-3 until end of turn; or target player loses 3 life.

"No match in accuracy and effectiveness." - Olivia Voldaren

Power vs Fairness: 8
Sense in this color: 10
Flavor: 3

This card took me forever to figure out what the heck you were doing with it, before I realized it was just an Incinerate variant. This card is great in limited, and a potential roll player in constructed, much like incinerate would be. The flavor is pretty bland, which is why the low score there. These are both things that Black can already do, but they've never been put together like this before. Good job!

26/30

pseudodespot wrote:
Namao, Angel of Ages 4WWW

Legendary Creature - Angel

Flying, vigilance, undying.

Whenever ~ enters the battlefield or attacks, put a card from a graveyard on the bottom of its owner's library. You gain life equal to that card's converted mana cost.

5/7

Angels speak of eternal life as if it was air to breathe. She most likely took the deepest breath of them all.

Power vs Fairness: 7
Makes Sense in this color: 5

I understand where this card was going, but I think you just missed the boat. Angels being difficult to kill makes some sense, but the flavor of undying is that something you thought was dead comes back stronger, but only once more. What is the flavor reason this couldn't have just been Persist, or Indestructible?

sc4rs wrote:
Aerial Plague
1BB
Sorcery - Uncommon
Creatures with flying get -3/-3 until end of turn. Then, creatures without flying get -X/-X until end of turn, where X is the number of creatures with flying put into a graveyard from play this turn.
The bird warriors dropped out of the sky in great swarms, raining down on the army below like enormous, macabre arrows.

Tried to take green's aversion to flying creatures into black. Not sure how well I succeeded - this final version is much further from the original Hurricane-like effect I had.

Power vs Fairness: 3
Makes Sense in this Color: 4
Template: 1

There are 2 problems with this card. 1, Black doesn't need to just hate on fliers, it can hate any creature. If anything this is just redundant with what black normally can do. 2ndly this card doesn't do what you want it to do. State Based Effects looking at the creatures p/t aren't checked until this whole card resolves, meaning that the second part of this card doesn't do anything unless you killed fliers already this turn.

11/30

AxiomBlurr wrote:
Faith in All 1WW

Instant (Rare)

Draw 3 cards. Your opponent gains 6 life.

Makes Sense in this Color: 4
Flavor: 1

This card is first off, extremely broken. A straight up draw 3 for 3 at instant speed has not been printed in a long time. Secondly, the drawback is very small compared to what you get. 3rdly, I have no clue why this card is white, or why this card even exists at all. There is no justification for having a straight up draw spell in white unless the benefit your opponent received is at least equal, and even at that, I'm not sure why its white.

13/30

GunsAndDope wrote:
Pact With The Devil | B
Enchantment - Rare

BB, Sacrifice Pact With The Devil: Destroy target artifact or enchantment, Pact With The Devil deals 2 damage to you.

1BB, Sacrifice Pact With The Devil: Destroy target creature, Pact With The Devil deals 3 damage to you.

2BB, Sacrifice Pact With The Devil: Destroy target permanent, Pact With The Devil deals 4 damage to you.

"Adam was not alone in the Garden of Eden, however, and does not deserve all the credit; much is due to Eve, the first woman, and Satan, the first consultant."
- Mark Twain

Makes Sense in this Color:5
Template: 4
Flavor: 4

This card is hard to grade because I think the concept of a pact with the devil is interesting. I just thing the card has too many abilities (template wise). Additionally the last ability is unnecessary for the most part, it either needs to be the only part, or not there at all. Lastly the first ability should cost more than the second , since it doesn't normally kill those things, and probably still shouldn't be on there. Cool idea, I just don't think it justifies the ability.

KnowN wrote:
Mind's Power - 1UU
Instant (Rare)

Choose 2 - Destroy target creature; or Draw a card; deal 2 damage to target player.

"You have powers you never dreamed of. You can do things you never thought you could do. There are no limitations in what you can do except the limitations of your own mind." - Jace

Power vs Fairness: 1
Sense in this color: 1
Flavor: 1

Remind me why blue gets a Slay for ANY color/ Electrolyze/ Searing Blaze for 3 mana? Too powerful, no reasoning behind it.

7/30

JestersBoots wrote:
Sulphurize
RRR
Instant - Rare

Return all enchantments to their owner's hands. Then Sulpherize deals 2 damage to each player for every card returned to their hand this way. This damage may not be prevented or redirected.

"You hide behind your circles and wards, but eventually everything burns." - Jaya Ballard, Task Mage

Makes sense in this color: 9

I actually kinda like this card the more I thought about it. Red has a precedent for temporarily getting rid of things they don't like, and they aren't normally adept at dealing with enchantment, but this card marries the 2 ideas by only temporarily getting rid of something they aren't adept at. Flavor is a little weak, and the template is a tiny bit off (should be each card, not every card, minor but it IS templating for a reason).

23/30

EMA wrote:
Rain Dance (U)

Sorcery - Uncommon

Add (U) to your mana pool.

Storm (when you play this spell, copy it for each spell played before it this turn. You may choose new targets for the copies)

The Vedalken learned the secrets of the rain dance ritual from their human ancestors. Once used to nourish the crops, it now serves as cheap mind-magic fuel.

Makes Sense in this color: 7
Flavor: 5

What really hurts this card I think is just how good it is. With all the cheap cantrips or free spells running around this card is just bound to fuel something broken. Can you imagine Snapcasting, or Past in Flames-ing this thing back? It'd be absurd.

20/30

ck3gds wrote:
Deepwood Pugilist 3G

Creature - Human Monk (rare)

Deepwood Pugilist has haste and trample as long as an opponent controls a Forest.

G: Deepwood Pugilist gets +1/+0 until end of turn.

The forest is where he belongs.

3/3

Power vs Fairness: 6
Makes Sense in this Color: 9

I actually love this card, but there are 2 things that prevented this from scoring higher. 1 is kinda minor, this might be a bit better as +1/+1 since green can pump both P/T. This would be like Blacks "Shade" ability, rather than "Treebreathing" but would serve the same point. Secondly, this card just feels weak, I think it could easily be a 4/4 or cost 3.

25/30

khara wrote:
storm the castle 2WW
sorcery - rare

untap all creatures that attacked and you gain an additional combat phase.

fateful hour - if you have 5 or less life, you gain an additonal turn instead.

few of them did it because of hunger and some of fear, but most of them.. injustice

Sense in this color: 9

Well done. This is a perfect fit for white, especially the first part. The second part is makes less sense, however makes perfect sense in the context of the existing Fateful Hour mechanic. This is a well done card!

27/30

Jacois wrote:
Fireproof Smithy R
Creature - Dwarf Blacksmith *common*
T: Add RR to your mana pool and Fireproof Smithy deals 2 damage to you.
1/1
"Me? I'a been forgin' mana since before I was born, and no, there ain't no easier way."

Power vs Fairness: 4
Sense in this Color: 10

I think you might have pushed this a bit too far. If this was like an elves of deep shadow rather than a freaking Sol Ring, I think it'd be graded better. That said, this concept is a great candidate for color shifting, as Red already has Rituals. Well done.

24/30

cloysterd wrote:
Banish to Antiquity (U)
1UU
Instant

Kicker 2

Put target artifact or enchantment on top of its owner's library. If Banish to Antiquity was kicked, that player shuffles his or her library.

"I think it's time your ancient relics were put back where they belong."

Sense in this color: 9
Flavor: 4

Cool card here. This card tickles my Melvin bone much like Dudodax's Incinerate shift. I really like a lot about this card, but it isn't overtly powerful. Good job!

25/30

Gademis wrote:
Circle of Life - GG2

Sorcery - (rare)

Destroy target non-artifact creature or put target creature card from your graveyard into the battlefield.

"All living things must follow the circle of life, I'm just hasting a bit" - Druid apprentice

Power vs Fairness: 5
Sense in this color: 2
Template: 2

This card is interesting, but it certainly isn't Green. If it regrowthed the creature, and maybe didn't outright destroy the creature it might work, but it just isn't green.

14/30

Balaviaris wrote:
Anastasis 2WW

Sorcery Rare

Reasons for being this color: 4
Template: 2

This card is not that much better than Ressurection, and the suspend is mostly useless since you don't wanna suspend this with nothing in the yard. It makes the flavor work, but yea. Also this ability is already secondary in white, but not super common nowadays , making this score a lot lower.

19/30

That means khara WINS!
Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Other - Magic All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2