Magic-League.com Forum Index Magic-League.com
Forums of Magic-League: Free Online tcg playing; casual or tournament play.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Create A Card 92: Allied Sword

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Other - Magic
GunsAndDope

PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2012 8:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

CMA-Flippi wrote:
Sword of Wisdom and Greed 3

Artifact - Equipment (Mythic Rare)

Equipped creature gets +2/+2 and has protection from blue and from black.

Whenever equipped creature deals combat damage to a player, draw two cards and that player sacrifices a creature.

Equip 2

Draw 2 cards is kinda broken. I'd bust it down to draw 1 card.

Or draw 2 and discard 1.
testbuddy

PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2012 10:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sword of Power and Creep 3

Artifact - Equipment (M)

Equipped creature gets +2/+2 and has protection from black and blue.

Whenever equipped creature deals combat damage to a player, search your library for a card, shuffle your library, then put that card on top of it and target creature becomes unblockable until the end of your next turn.
Equip 2
niteshade

PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2012 10:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sword of care and release 3

Equipped creature gets +2/+2 and has protection from white and from blue.

Whenever equipped creature deals combat damage to a player, that player cannot play spells until your next upkeep and return target creature to its owners hand.

equip 2
pg8

PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2012 10:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sword of Insight and Wisdom -- 3
Artifact - Equipment (Mythic)
Whenever equipped creature deals combat damage to a player, put a +1/+1 counter on each creature you control, then proliferate.
Equip 2
derflippi
Level 4 Judge

PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2012 4:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

niteshade wrote:

Whenever equipped creature deals combat damage to a player, that player cannot play spells until your next upkeep and return target creature to its owners hand.

equip 2

I believe this one is majorly too broken. Maybe fix from "until your next upkeep" to "this turn ?"
Gademis

PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2012 3:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sword of deceased mind and body 3

Equipped creature gets +2/+2 and has protection from Blue and from Black.

Whenever equipped creature deals combat damage to a player, that player puts the top 4 cards from his library in his graveyard, put all creature cards put in his graveyard this way in the battlefield under your control. They are black zombies in addition to their other types.

equip 2
pseudodespot

PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2012 4:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I do not think that is smart to name it that way with a SoBaM already out there.
Also I suggest to just give 2/2 Zombie tokens.
KnowN

PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2012 4:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Im going to be judging this either tonight or tomorrow
KnowN

PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2012 5:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK the judging is below. It is not hard to make a good sword, being pro two ally colors and +2/+2 is kind of good on its own. So I needed abilities to really stand out but at the same time not be Extremely broken. A little broken is ok. judging is 1-10

GunsAndDope wrote:
Sword of Destruction and Rebirth | 3

Equip 2
Equipped creature gets +2/+2 and has protection from red and from green.

When equipped creature deals combat damage to a player, search your library for a red instant with a converted mana cost of 2 or less and put it in your hand, and return a card from your graveyard to your hand.

"On a double-edged sword, only the cutting edge hurts."

Searching your library for a card does not seem like a regular red ability. This would be a good card though and name is cool. Swords dont have flavor text, and even if they did your sounds kind of gay.
Score = 5.5

sc4rs wrote:
Sword of Wisdom and Folly
Artifact - Equipment - R
Equipped creature gets +2/+2 and has protection from blue and black.
When equipped creature deals combat damage to a player, put a -1/-1 counter on each creature that player controls, and spells you cast cost 1 less to cast until end of turn.
Equip 2

OK name. -1/-1 ability can be goods in many situation and 1 less to cast also. But this is not really standing out for me.
Score = 7

coolcreep wrote:
Sword of Mud and Blood
Artifact - Equipment - M

Equipped creature gets +2/+2 and has protection from Red and from Green.

Whenever equipped creature deals combat damage to a player, you may destroy up to one target non-basic land that player controls, then search your library for a basic land card and put that card onto the battlefield tapped. If you do, shuffle your library.

Equip - 2

Great abilities. Great name, but I feel like "blood" would make more sense if it dealt damage.
Score = 8.5

ck3gds wrote:
Sword of Pain and Suffering 3

Artifact - Equipment (mythic rare)

Equipped creature gets +2/+2 and has protection from black and from red.

Whenever equipped creature deals combat damage to a player, you may distribute three -1/-1 counters among up to three target creatures that player controls and Sword of Pain and Suffering deals 3 damage as you choose among up to three target creatures that player controls.

Equip 2

Cool name, vs a deck with no early creatures this really would be anything special. But vs a aggro deck it would fuck shit up.
Score=7.5

JestersBoots wrote:
Sword of Supply and Demand
Artifact - Equipment (M)

Equip 2
Equipped creature gets +2/+2, and has protection from white and from blue.

When equipped creature deals combat damage to a player, exile target permanent that player controls and gain control of another target permanent that player controls. That player may draw a card.

Nice name fits well with the abilities. But this card is kind of insane, you should have at least made it non land permanents. 1 attack and you get rid of two opponents lands? that's a bit much. Also no other swords give its owner any negative effect.
Score = 6

Duodax wrote:
Sword of Faith and Logic 3
MYTHIC
Artifact - Equipment

Equipped creature gets +2/+2 and has protection from white and blue.
Whenever equipped creature deals combat damage to a player, put a 1/1 white Spirit creature token with flying onto the battlefield, then look at the top two cards of your library, put one of them into your hand and the other on the bottom of your library.

Equip 2

Cute name, cute abilities. Nothing special.
Score = 6
JacobMatthew wrote:
Sword of Love and Lust
Equip 2
Equipped Creature gets +2/+2 and has protection from green and red

When equipped creature deals combat damage to a player, put two +1/+1 counters on up to two target creatures, and return an instant or sorcery card at random from your graveyard to your hand.

"Burn and turn."

Swords dont have flavor text. Abilities are nice.
Score=6
Stucco wrote:
Sword of Safety and Security...............................................................3
Artifact.................................................................................................M

Equipped creature gets +2/+2 and has protection from green and
from white.

Whenever equipped creature deals combat damage to a player,
spells can't be countered this turn and you may exile target non-land
permanent. When Sword of Safety and Security leaves the
battlefield, return all permanents exiled by it to the battlefield under
their owner's control.

Equip 2

Name is dumb, Abilities are pretty good. No other sword have any negative effects. I dont like all the ........... you put. Why could you make it like everyone else? douche bag............................................................................................................................
Score = 5
Jacois wrote:
Sword of Now and Never 3
Artifact - Equipment

Whenever equipped creature deals combat damage to a player, exile all cards from that player’s graveyard then return target nonland permanent to its owners hand.

Equip 2

Cool name, fits ok with the abilities. Exile graveyard ability is meh. returning to hand is good i guess. I don't know why you decided to bold everything, but i dont like it.
Score=6

CMA-Flippi wrote:
Sword of Wisdom and Greed 3

Equipped creature gets +2/+2 and has protection from blue and from black.

Whenever equipped creature deals combat damage to a player, draw two cards and that player sacrifices a creature.

Equip 2

good name, good abilities.
Score = 8

Balaviaris wrote:
Sword of Mice and Men 3

Equipped creature gets +2/+2 and has protection from green and from white.

Whenever equipped creature deals combat damage to a player, search your library for a basic land card and put that card onto the battlefield tapped, and search your library for a creature card with converted mana cost 1 or less, reveal it, and put it into your hand. Then shuffle your library.

Equip 2

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

John Steinbeck's novel "Of Mice and Men" narrates the quest of two friends, George and Lennie, to attain their shared dream of settling down on their own piece of land. Lennie's part of the dream is merely to tend to (and touch) soft rabbits on the farm. (from wikipedia)

Pretty good sword. the abilities fit with the plot of the book but not so well with name. But you cant name a sword after a book i had to read in school.
Score = 6.7

pseudodespot wrote:
Sword of Vow and Vigor {3}

Artifact - Equipment (mythic)

Equipped creature gets +2/+2 and has protection from white and from green.

Whenever equipped creature deals combat damage to a player, untap all creatures you control and put a +1/+1 counter on each of those creatures.

Equip {2}

Ability is good but not special. I dont like the name.
Score = 7
Ffancrzy wrote:
Sword of Lust and Greed 3

Equipped creature gets +2/+2 and has protection from Black and from Red.

Whenever equipped creature deals combat damage to a player draw 2 cards then discard 2 cards, and return target creature with a converted mana cost of 3 or less from your graveyard to play.

Equip 2

EDIT: I made this sword without looking at any other people's swords, and naturally 2 people have 1 of the 2 color associated names I do (Lust/Greed). Oh well, great minds etc.

Nice name and great sword.
Score = 9
EMA wrote:
Sword of Pain and Sorrow (3)

Artifact- Equipment (Mythic)

Equipped creature gets +2+2 and has protection from Red and from Black

Whenever equipped creature deals combat damage to a player, destroy another target creature. It can't be regenerated. Sword of Pain and Sorrow deals x damage to target creature or player, where x is the converted mana cost of the destroyed creature.

Equip (2)

Good card and name. But it wont be great vs every deck.
Score = 7.5

niteshade wrote:

equip 2

Not the best name. This would be just game over vs alot of decks though. I like a broken card, but this is too much.
Score = 7

pg8 wrote:
Sword of Insight and Wisdom -- 3
Whenever equipped creature deals combat damage to a player, put a +1/+1 counter on each creature you control, then proliferate.
Equip 2

OK name. This could be good in a lot of decks but It doesnt cut it for me.
Score = 7.5

Gademis wrote:
Sword of deceased mind and body 3

Whenever equipped creature deals combat damage to a player, that player puts the top 4 cards from his library in his graveyard, put all creature cards put in his graveyard this way in the battlefield under your control. They are black zombies in addition to their other types.

equip 2

You couldnt think of a more original name than that? Powerful card, but picking that name was an assclown move
Score = 8

WINNER IS: FFANCRZY
If anyone does not like the way I judged this please feel free to lick my ball sack.
dv8r

PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2012 2:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I haven't seen many create a card before, but this is obviously one of the worst judged (and even arguably worse participated in) card creation thread I have ever seen. I don't understand how so many people fundementally don't understand what a sword does, and clearly the person judging it doesn't.

You need one positive effect and one negative effect from the sword. Something that negatively impacts the opponent who is hit, and something which gains you something. Only 2 entries manage this.

The judging is also unhelpful and very rude... sigh...

The contest is clearly only between coolcreep and flippi given these criteria, and personally I would have given it to coolcreep because its very clean design and the abilities mirror each other well, but you could argue the name was stupid and give it to flippi (his card was also pretty good).
pseudodespot

PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2012 4:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

*cough* Sword of Light and Shadow *cough*

And what is wrong with allied colors working better hand in hand?

But i side with you, that judging was a little weak on information.
Ffancrzy
Level 1 Judge

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2012 11:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dv8r wrote:
I haven't seen many create a card before, but this is obviously one of the worst judged (and even arguably worse participated in) card creation thread I have ever seen. I don't understand how so many people fundementally don't understand what a sword does, and clearly the person judging it doesn't.

You need one positive effect and one negative effect from the sword. Something that negatively impacts the opponent who is hit, and something which gains you something. Only 2 entries manage this.

The contest is clearly only between coolcreep and flippi given these criteria, and personally I would have given it to coolcreep because its very clean design and the abilities mirror each other well, but you could argue the name was stupid and give it to flippi (his card was also pretty good).

Light and Shadow, as stated doesn't give your opponent a negative effect. Just 2 positive effects for you.
KnowN

PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2012 7:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dv8r wrote:

pseudodespot wrote:

But i side with you, that judging was a little weak on information.

KnowN wrote:

If anyone does not like the way I judged this please feel free to lick my ball sack.
Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Other - Magic All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3