Magic-League.com Forum Index Magic-League.com
Forums of Magic-League: Free Online tcg playing; casual or tournament play.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Create a Card 93 Color Shifting

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Other - Magic
Ffancrzy
Level 1 Judge

PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2012 6:09 pm    Post subject: Create a Card 93 Color Shifting Reply with quote

With the recent advent of the card Faithless Looting, we have seen that R&D decided to allow Red to get in on the Looting mechanic that was previously exclusively in Blue.

This is going to be the basis for this CaC.

I want you to create a card that has an ability that was previously not in its color pie. This doesn't need to be a keyword, and also doesn't need to be an exact color shift (functional reprint). In fact I'd rather you create a new card.

Here is the critera I will be judging on.

10 Points: Power vs Fairness
10 Points: How much sense it makes to be in this color (the ability can't be color shifted just because its cool, looting makes sense in Red because you are getting short term advantage by giving up long term advantage, which matches reds short sightedness.)
5 Points: Correct Template
5 Points: Flavor
Tie Breaker: Flavor Text Coolness!
Duodax

PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2012 6:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Darkness Spike 1B

Instant - Common

Choose one - Target creature gets -0/-3 until end of turn; or target player loses 3 life.

"No match in accuracy and effectiveness." - Olivia Voldaren
pseudodespot

PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2012 7:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Namao, Angel of Ages 4WWW

Legendary Creature - Angel

Flying, vigilance, undying.

Whenever ~ enters the battlefield or attacks, put a card from a graveyard on the bottom of its owner's library. You gain life equal to that card's converted mana cost.

5/7

Angels speak of eternal life as if it was air to breathe. She most likely took the deepest breath of them all.
sc4rs

PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2012 8:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Aerial Plague
1BB
Sorcery - Uncommon
Creatures with flying get -3/-3 until end of turn. Then, creatures without flying get -X/-X until end of turn, where X is the number of creatures with flying put into a graveyard from play this turn.
The bird warriors dropped out of the sky in great swarms, raining down on the army below like enormous, macabre arrows.

Tried to take green's aversion to flying creatures into black. Not sure how well I succeeded - this final version is much further from the original Hurricane-like effect I had.
AxiomBlurr

PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2012 1:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Faith in All 1WW

Instant (Rare)

Draw 3 cards. Your opponent gains 6 life.
GunsAndDope

PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2012 5:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pact With The Devil | B
Enchantment - Rare

BB, Sacrifice Pact With The Devil: Destroy target artifact or enchantment, Pact With The Devil deals 2 damage to you.

1BB, Sacrifice Pact With The Devil: Destroy target creature, Pact With The Devil deals 3 damage to you.

2BB, Sacrifice Pact With The Devil: Destroy target permanent, Pact With The Devil deals 4 damage to you.

"Adam was not alone in the Garden of Eden, however, and does not deserve all the credit; much is due to Eve, the first woman, and Satan, the first consultant."
- Mark Twain

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

This is the first artifact hate I've seen for Black since....ever.
KnowN

PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2012 10:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mind's Power - 1UU
Instant (Rare)

Choose 2 - Destroy target creature; or Draw a card; deal 2 damage to target player.

"You have powers you never dreamed of. You can do things you never thought you could do. There are no limitations in what you can do except the limitations of your own mind." - Jace
GunsAndDope

PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2012 10:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

KnowN wrote:
Mind's Power - 1UU
Instant (Rare)

Choose 2 - Destroy target creature; or Draw a card; deal 2 damage to target player.

"You have powers you never dreamed of. You can do things you never thought you could do. There are no limitations in what you can do except the limitations of your own mind." - Jace

Way too powerful.
JestersBoots

PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2012 10:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sulphurize
RRR
Instant - Rare

Return all enchantments to their owner's hands. Then Sulpherize deals 2 damage to each player for every card returned to their hand this way. This damage may not be prevented or redirected.

"You hide behind your circles and wards, but eventually everything burns." - Jaya Ballard, Task Mage
EMA

PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2012 10:58 am    Post subject: Blue ritual Reply with quote

Rain Dance (U)

Sorcery - Uncommon

Add (U) to your mana pool.

Storm (when you play this spell, copy it for each spell played before it this turn. You may choose new targets for the copies)

The Vedalken learned the secrets of the rain dance ritual from their human ancestors. Once used to nourish the crops, it now serves as cheap mind-magic fuel.
Jacois

PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2012 1:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fireproof Smithy R
Creature - Dwarf Blacksmith *common*
T: Add RR to your mana pool and Fireproof Smithy deals 2 damage to you.
1/1
"Me? I'a been forgin' mana since before I was born, and no, there ain't no easier way."

(After seeing AxiomBlurr's card with white giving life to your opponent, I thought it would be cool if red would have overpowered cards that did all its direct damage to you, making the R Vs W matchup crazy. Some other ideas I had...

Overfuel the Forge R
Instant *common*
Add RRR to your mana pool and ~ deals 3 damage to you.

Blinding Inferno RR
Sorcery *Uncommon*
Target opponent disards 2 cards at random and ~ deals 2 damage to you.

Controlled Comet 1RR
Sorcery *Rare*
Destroy target permanent and ~ deals 3 damage to you.)

Last edited by Jacois on Sun Feb 19, 2012 1:33 pm; edited 1 time in total
cloysterd

PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2012 1:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Banish to Antiquity (U)
1UU
Instant

Kicker 2

Put target artifact or enchantment on top of its owner's library. If Banish to Antiquity was kicked, that player shuffles his or her library.

"I think it's time your ancient relics were put back where they belong."
GunsAndDope

PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2012 2:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

cloysterd wrote:
Banish to Antiquity (U)
1UU
Instant

Kicker 2

Put target artifact or enchantment on top of its owner's library. If Banish to Antiquity was kicked, that player shuffles his or her library.

"I think it's time your ancient relics were put back where they belong."

Don't forget rarity. This seems like an uncommon.
cloysterd

PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2012 2:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's what the U next to the name means.
GunsAndDope

PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2012 3:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

cloysterd wrote:
That's what the U next to the name means.

Ah. I've seen some people put the card's color in parenthesis beside the title. My fault.
Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Other - Magic All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2