Magic-League.com Forum Index Magic-League.com
Forums of Magic-League: Free Online tcg playing; casual or tournament play.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Blocking

Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Magic Rulings
Lurtzeros

PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2012 6:16 pm    Post subject: Blocking Reply with quote

Probably beginner's question here, but I am kinda confused about that so here we go:
I am attacking with Gravecrawler and Diregraf Ghoul. As response to attack, my opponent cast Snapcaster Mage. He flashbacks Vapor Snag and target my Gravecrawler with it. Then he blocks my Diregraf Ghoul with his Snapcaster Mage. I cast Doom Blade on his Snapcaster Mage. He discards him. Now, is my Diregraf Ghoul supposed to do damage to him or not? Thanks for answer in advance.
warwizard87

PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2012 6:19 pm    Post subject: Re: Blocking Reply with quote

Lurtzeros wrote:
Probably beginner's question here, but I am kinda confused about that so here we go:
I am attacking with Gravecrawler and Diregraf Ghoul. As response to attack, my opponent cast Snapcaster Mage. He flashbacks Vapor Snag and target my Gravecrawler with it. Then he blocks my Diregraf Ghoul with his Snapcaster Mage. I cast Doom Blade on his Snapcaster Mage. He discards him. Now, is my Diregraf Ghoul supposed to do damage to him or not? Thanks for answer in advance.

no, the ghoul is blocked and dosnt have trample. if you cast doom blade before the blockers are declared then your ghoul will do damage.
Lurtzeros

PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2012 6:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I see, thanks.
Terri

PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2012 6:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

you have any opportunities to play the doom blade before he blocks just say wait before blockers i play doom blade on your guy. and 2nd theres no response to attack. either you play spells before attackers are declared or after. sure if you dont say anything and just cast the doom blade on his snapcaster mage then its assumed that you allowed him to block.
GunsAndDope

PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2012 5:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Attacking and blocking happen at the beginning of their respective steps in the combat phase. He has to play Snapcaster Mage and Vapor Snare while it is still the attack step, so if he just went "OKAY AND I BLOCK" then you can doom blade it with no problem, just make sure you don't pass the attack step.
Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Magic Rulings All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1