Magic-League.com Forum Index Magic-League.com
Forums of Magic-League: Free Online tcg playing; casual or tournament play.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

February 13 - February 26 Calendar discussion thread

Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Magic-League Tournaments

Random bi-weekly poll. How cool have these polls been lately?
They've been awesome! :D
70%
 70%  [ 7 ]
They suck! :D
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
I don't care :/
30%
 30%  [ 3 ]
Total Votes : 10

DARKING
Level 3 Judge

PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2012 8:29 pm    Post subject: February 13 - February 26 Calendar discussion thread Reply with quote

Thread to discuss anything related for the trial and master scheduled from February 13 to February 26. Link to it here: http://www.magic-league.com/info/calendar.php

Following a Pro Tour where the league players mostly failed (except PV, congrats!), we have another 2 weeks of exciting tournaments coming this way:

4 Standard
2 Modern
2 Legacy
2 Innistrad Block Constructed
2 Innistrad/Dark Ascension Sealed
1 Block Party
1 Make Your Own Standard

Standard is our next Master, and a suit of balanced trials are also with it. So if you have a format you like, chances are you have at least a couple of days to try it out!

Last edited by DARKING on Sun Feb 26, 2012 8:58 pm; edited 1 time in total
coboney

PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2012 12:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

With it being Modern PTQ season I would suggest perhaps more Modern's in general. The 2 Other formats are ones that aren't as popular and I would suggest using one more popular one and 1 less popular one in a set that way people grow used to it. With all that said - here's my thoughts

4 Standard
3 Modern
2 Legacy
1 Innistrad Block Constructed
2 Innistrad/Dark Ascension Sealed
1 Random Format Tourney
1 Make Your Own Standard

This gives you standard still as the heaviest as it is the Master - nods to Modern then to Legacy and Sealed. Minor formats - Block Con, RFT and MYOS each get a trial allowing different skills to come to the forefront.
Zerotlr

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2012 2:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MYOS used to be awesome, before Jace.
Malakai97
Level 1 Judge

PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2012 9:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Whatever PTQ/etc season it is should get the most tournaments. This will mean that Standard is often NOT the most prevalent tournament type.

I am very pleased the variety ML has gained as of late, both in the types of tournaments played, the types of tournaments that get the coveted weekend slots, and the expansion of start-times for trials. This kind of variety is really good for the community. I don't think it's a good idea to get rid of any of the types currently used.
Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Magic-League Tournaments All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1