Magic-League.com Forum Index Magic-League.com
Forums of Magic-League: Free Online tcg playing; casual or tournament play.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Introducing Magic-League BAR FIGHTS

Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> General Magic-League Issues

Does Bar Fights sound like a good idea to you?
Yes
62%
 62%  [ 5 ]
No
37%
 37%  [ 3 ]
Total Votes : 8

Steveman

PostPosted: Sun Jan 22, 2012 4:29 pm    Post subject: Introducing Magic-League BAR FIGHTS Reply with quote

(This is an idea I brought up a week ago and some people thought it was really cool so I'd figure I'd give it a shot)

I've been trying to think of ways to bring a little more fun into Magic-League. Lately, I've been delving a lot in the Fighting Game Community (FGC) and they have these events called "Bar Fights." Instead of holding a traditional open tournament, the Bar Fights event consists of a handful of pre-arranged exhibition grudge matches between the top players of the community. They had top players call out other top players for the event, build some hype for an exciting story and showcase the best going at it while the crowd goes wild.

I believe Magic-League can adopt a similar system. We'd have announcements on the front-page of who we arranged to have BAR FIGHTS with then set up a forum post so people can talk trash, place (non-monetary) bets, etc. When the Bar Fights start (they will be one at a time) they will post their plays live in the chat (copy and paste every 2 turns worth of actions).

I've already talked to some people and so far, here are the proposed BAR FIGHTS matches (not everybody has agreed to them yet though, lol).

Standard
Noremac vs Moscowdemon (Judge Battle!)

Modern
MitchMachine vs Barneystinso (#1 Ranked Constructed player vs #3 Ranked Constructed player)

Legacy
Truth- vs Steveman (Eternal Rivals)

I want to get the ball rolling on this ASAP so lemme know what you guys think, any feedback is much appreciated

- Steve
magicman85

PostPosted: Sun Jan 22, 2012 4:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Reading a game in text doesn't seem that fun to me. I would rather see the game streamed or recorded.
Steveman

PostPosted: Sun Jan 22, 2012 4:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have thought about the streaming idea, I just don't know anything about it (will do research later). Does anybody know if you need any special type of equipment / programs for that?

One of the reasons why I didn't bring it up though is because streaming can lead to cheating (opposing players can watch the stream to see the cards in hand, although I doubt this would happen) or other players can just yell it out in chat or something.
Mad03
Level 1 Judge

PostPosted: Sun Jan 22, 2012 4:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sounds like fun although id hate to be on the spectator side
stream sounds more fun too
Steveman

PostPosted: Sun Jan 22, 2012 5:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, streaming is totally doable as long as one player has a decent computer via Ustream, maybe I'll run some tests later.
GreenBear

PostPosted: Sun Jan 22, 2012 5:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Never before has a bar fight been so nerdy.
Ffancrzy
Level 1 Judge

PostPosted: Sun Jan 22, 2012 7:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would be down for this.
zipmaster

PostPosted: Sun Jan 22, 2012 9:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

best part of bar fight is the bar Wink
Noremac
Level 2 Judge

PostPosted: Sun Jan 22, 2012 10:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd definitely be willing to fight Moscowdemon. I think both of us have the capability to record our matches. This idea sounds fun.
Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> General Magic-League Issues All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1