Magic-League.com Forum Index Magic-League.com
Forums of Magic-League: Free Online tcg playing; casual or tournament play.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

White Humans

Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Standard (T2) Decks
Denots

PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2012 10:46 pm    Post subject: White Humans Reply with quote

Ive been playing this deck a bit, mostly against the same person with a few different decks. I usually never make mono colored decks but i really like how this has been working out.

Glint Hawk is mostly in here to recycle the Sphere of the suns.

Id like to put some naturalize's in here but worried the Spheres wouldnt be able to support them. I guess i could add some forests or Sunpetal Groves, but then i feel like id have to add more green, Rampant Growth/Birds of Paradise too maybe? Seems like a long way to go to give me some artifact/enchantment control. Although I may need more then just the Sphere's to pay for the Gavony's add counters ability anyway.

Not settled on a sideboard yet but playing around with Divine Reckoning's and Doomed Traveler's.

Any ideas or tips would be great.

Champion of the Parish x4
Elite Inquisitor x3
Geist-Honored Monk x3
Glint Hawk x2
Hero of Bladehold x3
Mikaeus, the Lunarch x3
Mirran Crusader x3
Porcelain Legionnaire x3
Sun Titan x2
Village Bell-Ringer x2

Spells

Forced Worship x3
Norn's Annex x2
Oblivion Ring x4
Sphere of the Suns x3

Lands

Plains x16
Gavony Township x4
Mrrr

PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2012 5:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

First of all: why mono white? Usually people play mono colored decks in order to overcome issues with their mana base or because there is nothing to be gained with a second color (take RDW or mono-black)

Standard at the moment has quite a lot of fixers available at the moment. You could add blue to have access to mana leak/moorland haunt/geist of saint taft by swapping a few plains for duals.

But then of course, that's expensive. And since you got the gavony townships already you might as well stick with green/white.
Some razorvenge thickets/sunpetal groves would already solve a lot and would allow you to drop the sphere's (and glinthawks). Sphere is good if you use it to ramp into something big and bad but not so good when used as a color fixer. When you are playing an aggressive deck you'll want to use your second turn to cast a creature.

Better IMO would be to throw in a bit more green starting with avacyn's pilgrim. He'll get you the same acceleration as the sphere and on top he can swing in a couple of points of damage, pump your champions etc etc. Another 1 drop will also help your curve. Doomed traveler is also definitely worth considering since it's the 2nd best 1 drop white has at the moment.

Both Norn's Annex and forced worship aren't that good. If you need to get rid of creatures you should play fiend hunter. Norn's annex isn't good because you should be the one attacking.

Other cards worth considering:
Hamlet captain/mayor of avabruck/grand abolisher/leonin relic warder/accorder paladin or even travel preparations. In short: anything that puts pressure on your opponent early in the game is good.

I'd get rid of the sun titans, monks and village bell ringers. The first two are too slow for this kind of deck, the last one is simply not powerful enough for what it costs.

I think if you'd trade for for some g/w duals and add some cheap and efficient green or white humans you'll end up with a more consistent deck.
Denots

PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2012 7:46 pm    Post subject: After Changes Reply with quote

Well, I went mono white because i was able to fill the deck without being forced to look outside the color. Ive been running a 3-4 color necrotic ooze deck and may have just swung all the way right going mono as i put this one together.

I thought about W/U but didnt want to break the bank adding geist of saint taft's. Figured id have to go green and cutting the higher casting cost stuff made adding the green alot less painfull and quite a bit faster.

Thanks for the tips. Heres what it looks like so far......

Doomed Traveler x4
Champion of the Parish x4
Elite Inquisitor x3
Hero of Bladehold x3
Mikaeus, the Lunarch x3
Mirran Crusader x3
Porcelain Legionnaire x3
Avacyn's Pilgram x3
Accorder Paladin x3
Hamlet Captain x3
Elder of Laurels x2

Spells
Oblivion Ring x4

Lands
Plains x10
Forest x4
Gavony Township x4
Sunpetal Grove x4

Sideboard
Leonin Relic-Warder x3
Naturalize x3
Nevermore x3
Travel Preparations x3

I added forests and sunpetals and upped the lands from 20 to 22.

Elder of Laurels is a 2/3 human that gives that little guy that gets thu a very nice punch. With all the cheap casting cost stuff in here, i end up with an empty hand and plenty of mana so Elder and Gavony's abilities may as well be free after 5th turn.

Im still playing around with the sideboard, and what to pull out of main to make room.
XMechaShivaX

PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2012 9:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

just play haunted humans or if you like green just run a GW overrun build.
Denots

PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2012 9:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wasn't asking for a known deck that contained some of the cards I had listed. I was asking for another opinion of what i had put together.

Building the deck is half of the fun of playing magic. Buying a known deck is like driving someone else's car, it may work but alot less fullfilling.

If you meant for me to reference those decks to see what they used, thanks.
XMechaShivaX

PostPosted: Sat Jan 21, 2012 2:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

yes thats what i meant. maybe some of your own ideas could fit into those archtypes.
Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Standard (T2) Decks All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1