Magic-League.com Forum Index Magic-League.com
Forums of Magic-League: Free Online tcg playing; casual or tournament play.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

UBW Heartless Summoning

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Standard (T2) Decks
Lithander

PostPosted: Sun Jan 15, 2012 7:43 pm    Post subject: UBW Heartless Summoning Reply with quote

// Deck file for Magic Workstation (http://www.magicworkstation.com)
// NAME: Heartless Flare

// Lands
4 [M12] Drowned Catacomb
3 [M12] Glacial Fortress
1 [M12] Island (1)
3 [M12] Plains (1)
1 [M12] Swamp (1)
4 [SOM] Darkslick Shores
4 [ISD] Isolated Chapel
3 [M12] Swamp (4)
1 [M12] Island (4)

// Creatures
1 [M12] Sun Titan
1 [M12] Phantasmal Image
1 [NPH] Elesh Norn, Grand Cenobite
4 [M12] Solemn Simulacrum
4 [M12] Rune-Scarred Demon
4 [NPH] Phyrexian Metamorph
2 [SOM] Perilous Myr
1 [M12] Frost Titan
1 [NPH] Sheoldred, Whispering One

// Spells
4 [MBS] Sphere of the Suns
4 [ISD] Heartless Summoning
1 [SOM] Venser, the Sojourner
4 [ISD] Liliana of the Veil
3 [M12] Doom Blade
1 [MBS] Go for the Throat

// Sideboard
SB: 2 [M12] Phantasmal Image
SB: 1 [NPH] Elesh Norn, Grand Cenobite
SB: 1 [NPH] Karn Liberated
SB: 3 [SOM] Memoricide
SB: 1 [M12] Jace, Memory Adept
SB: 3 [NPH] Spellskite
SB: 2 [SOM] Mimic Vat
SB: 2 [M12] Day of Judgment

OK....so....Been playtesting this thing and seems to be pretty successful now that the maindeck Doom Blade and GFT holds off Delver enough for me to tutor for Elesh. 4 Lili is strange but Lili is really that strong. Was thinking one MD Unburial instead of Venser because Rune-Scarred to Unburial seems pretty strong vs some of the more removal based Matchups. I just like to be able to transform my metamorphs later on in the game if it gets that far. It does well vs just about any matchup but any suggestions could help.
struikje

PostPosted: Sun Jan 15, 2012 9:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Blue doesnt seem great to me. You splash for just a phantasmal image and a frost titan. 4 clone effects allready seem like much.

I think, you either run blue for a minimal amount of permission (mana leaks) and card selection/draw, like ponder and think twice. You really need card draw because of the necessity of heartless summoning to be on the field. Venser just seems out of place.

You also deffinetely need more 1 offs, like a victim of night/geths verdict, massacre wurm main (can completely hose the opp), they are very good targets for rune scared demon. Also, no wurmcoil engines in both main And sideboard is just wrong. The card is just such a big game against aggro, and you will need lifelink. Also, the fact that you'll allways be able to cast it turn 4, cannot be overlooked in a 3 colour manabase today.

All the pw's in the sideboard don't have much synergy with the deck, especially karn, which is so expensive, where a sphinx/rune scarred demon/bloodgift/... would be so much better, as it is most of the times out much earlier. Same with jace memory adept, it does nothing in your deck.

I have played with heartless summoning alot before, both a UB runescarred demon/sphinx of uuthtuuuuuuuuuun, and a huge amount of frost titans, and also with the grand architect that can power out wurmcoils/mindslavers/... very fast. I prefer the sphinx/demon combination as it had more counterspells and more carddraw.

Right now, I ditched blue, and am trying out various R/B combinations. I splash blue for flashback on desperate ravings, who is proving to be totally awesome. It ramps into Urabrask into titan into mostly another titan. I find it more powerfull then my UB variant.

Good luck with the deck!
Lithander

PostPosted: Sun Jan 15, 2012 9:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yup so....just to refute certain things...It is ramp Heartless obv. One image for the sun titan flare combo which wins matches. Frostie as a one of is a necessity for those occasional Mirrans with angelic destiny whis I can't get rid of because I'm not running Red. The Mirror is a very easy MU beacuse of the clones. Wurncoil is something I have considered and ma still play. aside from that....Karn as a one of in the SB is what I may take out for WCE. spellskites vs aggro and vat vs mirror. DOJ for the obv aggro...Jace vs UBx. ratchet may also be something for me to think about vs UW. Memoricide vs flare and Kessig rules when you can use it early...wreck combo decks and mirror as well as flare. Image usually comes in vs flare and delver for 2 metamorph and also aggro with geists and such. I've never lost to the mirror...other heartless decks.. as I usually take out 2 heartless for the images. the objective is really to whack out with one or two ramp and heartless into turn 5 Run Scarred metamorph rune-scarred and tutor for what you need whether it is venser or whatnot.
Mizukage

PostPosted: Sun Jan 15, 2012 10:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

@struikje

just let the man play his durdly deck. he obv just wants everyone to sing him praises.
Lithander

PostPosted: Sun Jan 15, 2012 11:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don't be bitter because your tokens deck can't quite cut it
MassO

PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2012 12:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Massacre Wurm seems too good to leave out. The worst matchup is Haunted Humans b/c of all the answers and recursions, the deck needs a way to deal with enchantments, so I suggest 2 Ob rings.
Lithander

PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2012 1:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The reason I leave out massacre is because of Elesh actually. You're right though.....I think O-ring may deserve a place. if Tokens can get out a mirran with either sword or destiny, this deck has trouble dealing. or even a doomed traveler turn 1 and 2 with honor in play is tough unless I can ramp into Elesh by turn 4. The most recent change is unburial instead of Venser. Again....going for that big on turn 4 if I discard to Lili. Maybe take out a lili for a 1 of O-ring. maybe a 1 of Ghost quarter for those annoying little lands.
JestersBoots

PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2012 8:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The deck is solid with a few minor exceptions. I would take out either two of the doom blade main, or one doom blade and one Go For The Throat. I would replace one of those two with a ratchet bomb (as the situational use in early game is about the same if not better, and the situational use late game allows for some of your lack in enchantment removal). The other one I would replace with a singleton O-Ring. I think you'll find your game 1 matchups a little more forgiving with the added versatility, and not as limited to your opponent playing non-hexproof non-black.

Of course, one ratchet bomb, and one o-ring aren't too terribly helpful. I would put a second o-ring in the side for a spellskite, and a second ratchetbomb for one of your winmore mimic vats. Two each seems like the right number.

Then I'd ditch the Karn, and Jace. I agree with the original responder that the PWs don't really fit. Those two are very control or very alternate-win and don't fit the theme of plowing face with RSD. I would ditch both of them for something that will buy easier early game against your worst matchup. Either DOJs number 3 and 4, 2 Timely reinforcements, a third ratchet bomb, or any combination thereof. This is a solid deck that can go places.

You can also open up the game considerably by dropping the singleton image, and singleton frostie to go a more secure ramp in WBg, or a more refined Urabask agro in WBr. Although it may not be in the heart of the deck (and let's face it, the deck *IS* heartless) it's only a two card change to open up some mad sideboarding possibilities.
GreenBear

PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2012 9:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Surely you want alchemy if your a ubw semi combo deck, as you want heartless most games.
JestersBoots

PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2012 9:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The deck doesn't play as recursion. It plays as tutoring out clones from the library. In fact, Sun Titan and Sheoldred are both singletons and there are no unburial rites. Pushing a bunch of what could be useful tech into your graveyard isn't a very good move with this build.
Lithander

PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2012 8:36 pm    Post subject: New List Reply with quote

// Lands
2 [M12] Drowned Catacomb
3 [M12] Glacial Fortress
1 [M12] Island (1)
3 [M12] Plains (1)
1 [M12] Swamp (1)
4 [SOM] Darkslick Shores
4 [ISD] Isolated Chapel
5 [M12] Swamp (4)
1 [M12] Island (4)

// Creatures
1 [M12] Sun Titan
1 [M12] Phantasmal Image
1 [NPH] Elesh Norn, Grand Cenobite
4 [M12] Solemn Simulacrum
4 [M12] Rune-Scarred Demon
4 [NPH] Phyrexian Metamorph
2 [SOM] Perilous Myr
2 [M12] Stonehorn Dignitary

// Spells
4 [MBS] Sphere of the Suns
4 [ISD] Heartless Summoning
4 [ISD] Liliana of the Veil
2 [M12] Doom Blade
1 [ISD] Unburial Rites
1 [M12] Oblivion Ring
1 [SOM] Venser, the Sojourner

// Sideboard
SB: 1 [M12] Phantasmal Image
SB: 1 [NPH] Elesh Norn, Grand Cenobite
SB: 1 [SOM] Nihil Spellbomb
SB: 1 [NPH] Karn Liberated
SB: 3 [SOM] Memoricide
SB: 1 [M12] Jace, Memory Adept
SB: 3 [NPH] Spellskite
SB: 2 [SOM] Mimic Vat
SB: 2 [M12] Day of Judgment
Lithander

PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2012 8:48 pm    Post subject: Necessary changes Reply with quote

Took out Frostie, Sheoldred, Go for the throat, and a doom blade. Added in 1 O-ring, 2 StoneHorn and 1 Unburial.
It seemed Frostie while very good....was too blue dependent. There were also times when I wished I could tutor for unburial instead of Sheo and the two stonehorns synergy with Venser and the mimic vats were good. Usually Game 2 does not warrant artifact removal for many decks. I was able to sack my own dignitaries and stall out long enough to get Elesh vs aggro matchups and vs UWx relying on WS Zenith, a stonehorn under a vat works wonders. vs Deck with artifact removal....I might metamorph my own vat before proceeding and when there is an image under Vat, it really helps the stall tactics till you get the alpha strike combo.
Lithander

PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2012 8:57 pm    Post subject: criticism Reply with quote

Lastly....before you comment on the changes, pls try the build and see how it works. It is ramp first and foremost with the bonus of heartless summoning. The premise is based on a 6/6 flying tutor for 7. and ramping into it using a variety of artifact and creature based ramp effects and using the metamorph ability to transform either into Solemn or Sphere. then to survive using lili to kill things until you get Elesh which has a 4 point swing to P/T. Should be enough to get you a win. vs control...Lili to discard so you can cast out your bigs or use lil ultimate. I see most snapcasters coming out after lil hits 4 counters for the first time. I generally use her ability vs aggro w/counterspells like Delver or counterspell sword decks to force discards. Instead of killing critters. Still considering massacre worm in the deck for some reason.
Lithander

PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2012 1:37 am    Post subject: Match results Reply with quote

Pod 1/0
RDW 2/0
Monoblack Poison 1/0
BUR Control 1/0
UB Poison 1/0
Mono Black Poison 1/0
GW Kessig 1/0
Delver 0/1
Lithander

PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2012 1:44 am    Post subject: Results Reply with quote

I will say this though....delver was turn 1 Delver turn 2 mana leak turn 3 mana leak turn 4 dissipate
Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Standard (T2) Decks All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2