Magic-League.com Forum Index Magic-League.com
Forums of Magic-League: Free Online tcg playing; casual or tournament play.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

January 16 - January 29 Calendar discussion thread

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Magic-League Tournaments

If you were to win a trial, what format would you vote for?
Standard
10%
 10%  [ 3 ]
Modern
21%
 21%  [ 6 ]
Legacy
14%
 14%  [ 4 ]
Random Format Tournament
14%
 14%  [ 4 ]
Innistrad Sealed with top8 Draft
39%
 39%  [ 11 ]
Total Votes : 28

DARKING
Level 3 Judge

PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2012 6:37 am    Post subject: January 16 - January 29 Calendar discussion thread Reply with quote

Thread to discuss anything related for the trial and master scheduled from January 16 to January 29. Link to it here: http://www.magic-league.com/info/calendar.php

For the next two weeks, our schedule is:

3 Standard
3 Modern
2 Legacy
2 Innistrad Sealed
1 Innistrad Block Constructed
1 237 Modern
1 Vintage
1 TBD

A little more mixed formats this time around, including the ever popular (!) Vintage trial.
As for the TBD, that would be the master.
Why TBD you may ask? Well, we are experimenting this time. The winner of each trial this week will get to vote on what format to be played on the Master! So you're not only getting two byes, you can choose to play in the format of your choice! You can read the full announcement here.

Last edited by DARKING on Mon Jan 30, 2012 10:34 pm; edited 1 time in total
Mitchmachine

PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2012 8:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Magic league needs a tribal wars trial!!
Atreties

PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2012 8:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Because MWS is such a terribly made program... I am unable to do sealed (at all). No judges have been able to fix the issue even after hours of trying and redownloading and tons of other attempts.

I would be extremely annoyed at a Sealed master for this reason. Fix MWS and it would be fine... but as is, I am unable to compete.
WhoamI

PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2012 8:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

Are you serious Atreties? For starters Magic-League did not produce MWS or have the ability to change its code for many differnt reasons.

If you have a problem and cant do a sealed maybe its because you are a noob? Try googling "How can I not be such an ****" it will teach you alot!
struikje

PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2012 9:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm for a sealed master!

As fun formats are concerned, I'd like to see cube sealed as a trial again one day, rather then vintage, which I do not like at all. 237 modern is fun though really you should call it 23 modern^^
Halldir

PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2012 9:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Atreites: i had similar problem, change in your pc settings from one you have to Great Britain.. meaning date, language, and place where you are. this fixed my problem.

As for list- 237 modern is kinda... bad:)
as for rest- mby more sealeds:)
+ any way in future having draft as a format for trials/minis/masters?
darkwizard42
Level 2 Judge

PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2012 9:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Might just play a 7 mana card to prove you wrong Wink

Love the diversity of the coming weeks...in India till Jan 22, but I'm psyched to be back and playing then
pg8

PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2012 11:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

237 modern is easily my least favorite oddball other format. 2nd the tribal wars suggestion.

But I love the TBD master! Assuming people who win vote for RFT, that is.
Noremac
Level 2 Judge

PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2012 11:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would love a cube sealed trial as well, if only to see how utterly degenerate the winner's deck is.
Burton911

PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2012 11:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Atreties wrote:
Because MWS is such a terribly made program... I am unable to do sealed (at all). No judges have been able to fix the issue even after hours of trying and redownloading and tons of other attempts.

I would be extremely annoyed at a Sealed master for this reason. Fix MWS and it would be fine... but as is, I am unable to compete.

Im terrible with computers and lazy BUT its definitly the programm ...

Since you refer to Sealed only im guessing you have the DFC Problem. There are like 10 Threads in this very Forum how to solve this issue....
Jacois

PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2012 12:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

For the 11th time, unban nonbasics in 237 please.
Halldir

PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2012 1:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

3rd Tribal wars! But with banned faeries
Mitchmachine

PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2012 2:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OMYGAWD CUBE TRIAL!!

no need to ban faeries, you have rebels and more great tribals which will prove to be as good as faeries
xJudicatorx

PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2012 2:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MitchMachine wrote:
OMYGAWD CUBE TRIAL!!

no need to ban faeries, you have rebels and more great tribals which will prove to be as good as faeries

Faeries probably would not be all that great in tribal wars - the actual faeries deck doesn't have enough creatures in it, and you;d have to cut important things like disruption and permission to fit them in.
Halldir

PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2012 3:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dunno exact rules for tribal, but does it need to be 1/3 in deck of "fae creatures" or fae tribal?
Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Magic-League Tournaments All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2