Magic-League.com Forum Index Magic-League.com
Forums of Magic-League: Free Online tcg playing; casual or tournament play.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

UG Humans(tempo)!!!!

Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Standard (T2) Decks
GreenBear

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2012 9:13 am    Post subject: UG Humans(tempo)!!!! Reply with quote

The deck

4 Ponder
4 Delver of Secrets
4 Mental Misstep
3 Vapor Snare
2 Dismember
4 Mayor of avabruck
4 Mana leak
4 Snapcaster Mage
2 Psychic Barrier
3 Dissipate
2 Thrun the last troll
1 PHANTASMAL BEAR

4 Hinterland harbor
11 Islands
8 Forests

sb

3 Naturalize (vengance, steel, random stuff)
3 Flashfreeze (rdw, ramp decks)
2 Negate, (control ub ubw etc)
2 Tree of Redemption (rdw)
2 Stitched Drake (rdw any deck heavy in cheap red removal with out stuff for bigger creatures)
1 Dismember (aggro)
2 Gut Shot (delver mirrors, aggro)

I've been working on this deck like mad over the last few days and feel i have evolved it to a point where its worth showing to the community.

About the deck, it has the potential for very explosive draws, turn 1 delver reveal instant sorcery, turn 2mayor, bash with a 4/3 flying and then if your opponent fails to make a turn 2 play you have a 3/3 followed by a 2/2 at the end of each of your turns. Even if you miss your still bashing for two and are in great shape. This by itself will win you a lot of games.

Not only this but the deck has ample counter back up to defend its position. Mental Misstep defends against other cheap removal, making is very hard to get value on a kill of a delver or Mayor. Decks not playing 1 mana spells are already at a disadvantage of being a full turn slower than you and being unable to play cheap answers, the missteps have been great for me main deck.

Both mayor and delver are must kill creatures, mayor works great with counters and has synergy with snap caster in he is a human also but dis synergy as if you play him you will normally unflip mayor. However it mayor remains flipped for 2 or more turns you normally win.

The deck has a great match up vs any other delver deck, as it has 2 must kill threats in delver and mayor compared to the nomral versions 1, plus 4 0 mana answers to delver in mental mistep and 2 1 mana in dismember, that can not be misstepped itself and also kills hero of blade hold. Also if it turns into a long attrition war which it some times can thrun blows such games wide open.

It also has a great match up vs ramp, it comes out fast and has plenty of counters to slow them down.

Control is also pretty good match up also you can be lightning fast, your god draw only really needs a delver and a mayor plus mana to cast them though a mental mistep and a mana leak always make it sweeter. Thrun is also very strong vs most control decks and if they do manage to stabilize he can take you the game anyway.

RDW is your hardest match up, game 1 is next to unwinnable, you can win it of course with something like turn 1 misstep, turn 2 mana leak, turn 3 another counter, turn 4 thrun, with out thrun you are not winning. You have to play defensive vs them delver or mayor are never going to win you the game they will just get burned. Thrun is your only chance. After board you get tree of redemption stitched drakes, which give you a fast cheap ass, to feed on your delvers and mayors that can block pheonix all day, you also get better counters.

Only 23 lands as the curve is so low and you in fact get many good 1 land hands with 2 delvers and a misstep or dismember or both, where even if you miss your land you get a 3/2 flying. Oh and ponder:P

Oh and i almost forgot the 1 phantasmal bear is for the big end game beats, when ever you resolve him you win.

Thoughts appreciated:)

Last edited by GreenBear on Tue Jan 10, 2012 11:09 am; edited 2 times in total
JeZeus

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2012 10:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think you are running too many counters in your main and that currently Gutshot is a better main choice then Dismember. This version seems pretty weak vs ratchet bomb, but what can you do?? If RDW is your worst match-up it makes sense that it should be the deck you are prepared for. So you should probably be running SoWaP, seems better then what your sideboard has to offer and would work well enough in your main. Worth considering.
GreenBear

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2012 10:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It defiantly can have problems with an early ratchet bomb, though i do not think it is heavily played. Its part good at answering mayor as it kills him and all the tokens but it can not get mayor and delver. Or flipped mayor and snap caster. I've ran into once so far when i was pretty sure the game was won had double flipped mayor and mana leak back up. It only seems really strong vs multiples of the same creature to me. Still managed to win the third game though.

Sword would be ineffective as it would be next to impossible to get it equipped to a creature that is not thrun and if i have thrun i am in a good position anyway.

I can see the argument for gut shot considering the meta is so delver heavy but misstep already somewhat solves that problem, whilst dismember can answer cards like, hero, beserker, big strom kirk, already flipped delver etc. and is not vunerable to misstep itself. I prefer the versatility of dismember personally than a more niche card like gut shot.
Spyx

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2012 12:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't think mayor and thrun are better then moorland haunt, geist, and a stronger manabase.
JeZeus

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2012 1:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Vapor snag already answers all those threats, and gut shot will kill the creature red is using to get berserker online in the first place. You really do not want to be getting hit for 4 self damage on turn 2 vs a red deck.

Sword is just better then tree in a tempo deck. Tree is 4cc and does not attack, or gain you any temp advantage. It forces them to literally burn out every single creature and prevents them from tapping out, not to mention you can put it on any of your tokens.

It really is too many counters main. I don't even think i would run Dissipate or Psychic Barrier in favor of card draw, Gut shot, and or sword/rune pike. I like the idea or sword/rune with Invisible Stalker and Mayor.
GreenBear

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2012 1:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The mana base is only stronger on its primary color i have more green sources. Though overall its mana is a tad better but the mana on this deck is fine, it does not have to draw the green early.

Geist is only good in the mirror if you can resolve it which is very hard to do, its much easier to resolve mayor, plus he works better with delver snap caster. I beat the uw list pretty consistently, my deck is more aggressive and the more aggressive deck can force the less aggressive deck into bad situations where the have to walk into counters , Ur is tougher but still a positive match up.

Also i can see running sword if i ran stalker but he is a little weak by himself. Tree of redemption is a 0/13 how on earth is red going to kill that, any creature apart from thrun i can attach a sword to will get killed in response. I haven't actually ever drew tree yet, but i'm staring to win the rdw match ups now also, it may not be needed.
GreenBear

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2012 7:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I do not play on mws i play on modo but im bored of the deck now anyway.
Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Standard (T2) Decks All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1