Magic-League.com Forum Index Magic-League.com
Forums of Magic-League: Free Online tcg playing; casual or tournament play.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

January 2 - January 15 Calendar discussion thread

Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Magic-League Tournaments

Another Modern Master! This is...
...exciting! We need more to test for our PTQs!
60%
 60%  [ 9 ]
...boring! Give us some more variety!
20%
 20%  [ 3 ]
I don't care :/
20%
 20%  [ 3 ]
Total Votes : 15

DARKING
Level 3 Judge

PostPosted: Sun Jan 01, 2012 7:26 pm    Post subject: January 2 - January 15 Calendar discussion thread Reply with quote

Thread to discuss anything related for the trial and master scheduled from December 19 to January 1. Link to it here: http://www.magic-league.com/info/calendar.php

New year, new schedule. The PTQ season is now starting, and thus our next Master will be Modern again. Here's the next 2 weeks for us:

4 Modern
4 Standard
2 Innistrad Sealed
2 Legacy
1 Random Format Tournament
1 Eternal Pauper

Once again we have a balanced schedule ahead of us, with the classic Standard and the relevant Modern leading the way, along with some Sealed and Legacy for all of us.
RFT returns once again. This other format is becoming really popular, now we see it more than once a month. And last but not least we have Eternal Pauper, were commons reign supreme.

Last edited by DARKING on Mon Jan 16, 2012 6:37 am; edited 1 time in total
xJudicatorx

PostPosted: Sun Jan 01, 2012 8:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Variety is the spice of life........the first modern master was cool, the second was fine, the 3rd in a row is super boring.
Atreties

PostPosted: Sun Jan 01, 2012 8:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I disagree. Modern itself is a super diverse and interesting format... And more than that, it's the PTQ season. I would expect masters to follow the PTQ season.
xJudicatorx

PostPosted: Sun Jan 01, 2012 9:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

In that case, why did we get Standard masters all throughout the limited season? I don't really see 10 slightly different Zoo decks as being "diverse" either. Sure there are some other decks, but Zoo made up 32% of the field on M-L just before the most recent bannings(source:http://www.magic-league.com/article/634/the_modern_metagame_in_2011.html)
cloysterd

PostPosted: Sun Jan 01, 2012 10:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

xJudicatorx wrote:
In that case, why did we get Standard masters all throughout the limited season? I don't really see 10 slightly different Zoo decks as being "diverse" either. Sure there are some other decks, but Zoo made up 32% of the field on M-L just before the most recent bannings(source:http://www.magic-league.com/article/634/the_modern_metagame_in_2011.html)

...and the most recent bannings neuter Zoo and empower other aggro decks.

I like Modern better than Standard, those are my two favorite Other formats, so this is all good by me.
Kaesh

PostPosted: Mon Jan 02, 2012 5:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I will try to set it up to follow xjudicatorx's suggestion for next master. (the one in 4 weeks)
Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Magic-League Tournaments All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1