Magic-League.com Forum Index Magic-League.com
Forums of Magic-League: Free Online tcg playing; casual or tournament play.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

BR Backyard

Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Modern
squeekysheep

PostPosted: Tue Dec 27, 2011 9:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think you are going about this all wrong. your deck is going to drain your hand and the only card advantage you have is BOB and bloodgast. people will ignore the bloodgast because it will come back every turn and does low dmg. bob will get kill quick and you will be.fighting off the top of your deck.

I would look at the madness cards. not play BOB or play less of him. add a slash of blue and run the flash back card with a random discard. then you turn your draw back around you can run better removal. you might want to look at some equip ment to put on the blood gast
squeekysheep

PostPosted: Wed Dec 28, 2011 3:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes that would be BOB
Acid_Christ

PostPosted: Wed Dec 28, 2011 8:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't play much Modern, though I would really like to get into it more, so my opinions may not hold much value.
I see your idea/strategy for the deck and I have been dipping into this as well with the Modern pool. This format has fetchlands and shocklands, I see no reason to not have the blue. This is what I have been tinkering with for Modern.

Xx Delver of Secrets - most versions I have been tweaking were heavy on spells and he is a cheap evasive beater that poses a threat while leaving a majority of my mana open to play my spells.

Xx Grim Lavamancer - much like Delver, only he is more utility than straight beatstick.

Xx Snapcaster Mage - its a 2/1 with flash so he helps my "end of your turn..." play preference, and it is solid synergy with the rest of the deck.

Xx Bloodghast - these guys are my main beaters. They pitch nicely to Ravings and/or Alchemy, and they keep coming back.

Xx Desperate Ravings - I prefer this over the new careful study. It is instant which fits my play style. Not to mention it actually produces card advantage no matter what you discard, unlike the new one that only gets advantage based on what you discard.

Xx Forbidden Alchemy - I can't help but like this card. I feel it is the closest to a playable Fact or Fiction we have in the format. It doesn't net a clump of cards like FoF, but with Ravings, Bloodghast, Teachings, Snapcaster and more Alchemys it sort of does. And it flashbacks for more card advantage.

Xx Mystical Teachings - I've noticed decks pretty much based around this card to find silver bullets and win. I like that idea, but I don't like the whole thing based around it. To me the Teachings were usually a 2 of, mainly acting as Alchemy #5 and 6 that search for a specific bullet if needed and more card advantage.

That is pretty much the shell, with other various cards in and out for testing. Keep in mind I don't get to play Magic much with work, school, kids and all that good stuff. So my testing is limited and knowledge of the formats are subpar to others, but this may give you some ideas.
Lozober

PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2012 1:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I dont know about u, but with the new set i can REALLY see an RB Backyard deck with this core:

4x Faithless Looting
4x Bloodghast
4x Gravecrawler
3x Haakon, Stromgald Scourge
4x Mutavault
4x BoB
4x Bolt
-------
27 unchangeble cards seems good

what do u guys think? the new zombie seems REALLY GOOD, right?
Lozober

PostPosted: Sun Jan 22, 2012 6:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

first of all: goblin assault is BAD BAD BAD.

liliana of the veil could be a great addition.

I was thinking of something like this:

Lands(22):
4x Verdant Catacombs
2x Marsh Flats
3x Dragonskull Summit
2x Woodland Cemitery
2x Blood Crypt
2x Overgrown Tomb
4x Mutavault
2x Swamp
1x Forest

Creatures(15):
4x Bloodghast
3x Haakon, Stromgald Scourge
4x Gravecrawler
4x Dark Confidant

Enchantments(3):
3x Burning Veangeance

Spells(20):
3x Liliana of the Veil
4x Lightning Bolt
3x Raven's Crime
4x Faithless Looting
4x Life from the loam
2x Darkblast

Choices:
instead of trying to use a lot of discard i tried to make the deck better at the long run, capitalizing from the play from the graveyard cards with burning veangeance (knight, gravecrawler,Crime) .

Burning veangeance: Seems good with grave crawler and Ravens crime.

Liliana: Just too good to pass it up.

Darkblast: Dredge and removal, might be too weak.

Loam: Seemed a good addition as it does the following:
Combo with veangeance/Ravens crime
More dredge
More ways to landfall
More manlands (mutavault)

Ravens crime: Was just trying to incorporate Loam vengeance in the core. Its seemed good in the long run.

Is my mana base ok? could u guys help me out? what do u think?
Lozober

PostPosted: Sun Jan 22, 2012 6:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bump
Rag_garn

PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2012 2:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Demigod of revenge?
Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Modern All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1