Magic-League.com Forum Index Magic-League.com
Forums of Magic-League: Free Online tcg playing; casual or tournament play.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Amazing Draft Deck

Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Limited
jetstrike

PostPosted: Fri Dec 23, 2011 8:58 pm    Post subject: Amazing Draft Deck Reply with quote

Disclaimer I am horrible with bb code and don't know how to usecard tag.

I went 0/3 drop today and I do't understand how I lost other than just doing it wrong.

cmc 1
    Selfless Cathar x2
    Deliver of Secrets x1
    Dream Twist x1
    Silent Departure x1

cmc 2
    Deranged Assistant x1
    Feeling of Dread x1
    Invisible Stalker x1
    Mask of Avacyn x1
    Mikaeus, the Lunarch x1
    Snapcaster Image x1
    Think Twice x1

cmc 3
    Butcher's Cleaver x1
    Claustrophobia x1
    Dissipate x1
    Elder Cathar x2
    Forbidden Alchemy x2
    Stitched Drake x2

cmc 4
    Divine Reckoning x1
    Grasp of Phantoms x1
    Slayer of the Wicked x1

cmc 6
    Skaab Goliath x1

Sideboard
Purify the Grave x1
Sensory Deprivation x1
Spectral Flight x1
Stitcher's Apprentice x1
Feeling of Dread x1
Lantern Spirit x1
Forbidden Alchemy x1
Village Bell-Ringer x1
Fortress Crab x1
Galvanic Juggernaut x1
Thraben Purebloods x1
Noremac
Level 2 Judge

PostPosted: Fri Dec 23, 2011 10:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's pretty clear! You're leaving great cards in the sideboard and playing bad ones!

Here's my changes:

+1 Sensory Deprivation (Really good)
+1 Galvanic Juggernaut (It's criminal not to be playing it)
+1 Lantern Spirit (evasion + bounce makes this card solid)
+1 Spectral Flight (You have enough little dudes to make this card awesome. It's great on Stalker as well)

-1 Dream Twist (you won't be winning by milling your opponent and don't need to self mill)
-1 Mask of Avacyn (I rarely play this card, you just don't need it)
-1 Dissipate
-1 Deranged Assistant (the acceleration isn't going to be very relevant, and again you don't need the mill)
-1 Think Twice (It's not terrible, but you just don't have room)
-1 Feeling of Dread (This almost made the cut, but we just really needed to lose another card)

I'd play something like 9 islands, 8 plains.

By my count you're playing 25 cards which meant you were playing 15 lands which isn't enough. I generally stick with 17 or 18, and will only rarely play 16 but that's only when my curve is very ultra low.

This deck is a little creature light which is a concern with the Stitched Drakes. That's really the only reason I left Delver/Selfless Cathar in.

I hope this is helpful. Let me know if you have any questions about my suggestions.

This pull was fairly nuts. Easily a 2-1 draft with a shot a very easy shot at 3-0.
xJudicatorx

PostPosted: Sat Dec 24, 2011 12:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here's how I would build that:

Creatures: 15
Selfless Cathar
Selfless Cathar
Mikaeus, the Lunarch
Deranged Assistant
Invisible Stalker
Snapcaster Mage
Stitcher's Apprentice
Elder Cathar
Elder Cathar
Stitched Drake
Stitched Drake
Lantern Spirit
Village Bell-Ringer
Galvanic Juggernaut
Slayer of the Wicked

Spells: 10
Silent Departure
Spectral Flight
Feeling of Dread
Feeling of Dread
Think Twice
Butcher's Cleaver
Dissipate
Forbidden Alchemy
Forbidden Alchemy
Grasp of Phantoms

Lands: 15
Swamp x1
Plains x7
Island x7

Basically, since you have many small, efficient creatures, but few game changers, I've increased your tempo and evasion, cut some of the removal, and played relatively few lands with a lower curve. The goal of this deck would be to deal combat damage every turn, dealing 20 before the larger spells can take over the game.
Pushover

PostPosted: Sat Dec 24, 2011 12:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would consider running alchemy and maybe a single swamp, it will help you land your stitched stuff land more often.

Aside from that a second feelings is quite playable.
Lenin

PostPosted: Sat Dec 24, 2011 6:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thit draft deck is AMAZING...ly bad
magicman85

PostPosted: Sat Dec 24, 2011 4:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

blue sucks thats why you lost.
jetstrike

PostPosted: Sun Dec 25, 2011 6:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Real constructive criticism there lenin and magicman85...

At any rate I really appreciate the input form those of yhou who have posed good feedback. I think that xJudicatorx may have the best idea and it is unfortunate that I didn't build it that way. I think overall I was too worried about making sure my stitched drakes were castable even though I only had a couple. Thanks for the feedback guys.
EMA

PostPosted: Mon Dec 26, 2011 4:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Guys 15 lands are too few, run at least 16 imo.
Looking at your build, all the 1 mana guys look pretty bad here and the mill 3 thing is true nonsense.
Same for mask of avacyn and divine reckoning,, this doesn't really look like the deck that want this kind of spells. lantern spirit, glavanic juggernaut and sensory deprivation are all solid cards, stitcher apprentice not bad either.
Everyone seems to love the +2+2 flying thing but u already have 4 pump effect, enough to make the invisible stalker very very good without having to run bad cards like the aura. Also why does everyone hate deranged assistant, it seems pretty awesome in this deck, it's a human, enables zombies and ramps into goliath and flashback alchemies/grasps. Tbh the card is just good and everyone seems to agree it's one of the key blue commons (tho I agree that blue is actually pretty bad in this format).
xJudicatorx

PostPosted: Tue Dec 27, 2011 4:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

EMA wrote:
Also why does everyone hate deranged assistant, it seems pretty awesome in this deck, it's a human, enables zombies and ramps into goliath and flashback alchemies/grasps.

Even though you don't lose any card advantage when you mill a card with him, it *feels* like you did when you see that your next draw was going to be just the card you needed.
EMA

PostPosted: Tue Dec 27, 2011 6:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It can actually generate card advantage in a graveyard themed set like this. Milling flashback spells and enabling zombies is pretty important, ofc it can randomly mill a bomb or the spell you needed but the majority of the time you are getting value out of the mill effect. Plus it ramps and gets bonuses for being a human in U/W decks.
Lenin

PostPosted: Tue Dec 27, 2011 7:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:

Even though you don't lose any card advantage when you mill a card with him, it *feels* like you did when you see that your next draw was going to be just the card you needed.

If you mill your bomb that would be a decrease in card quality not card advantage.

Also I pretty much agree with EMA, expect that I would still play divine since the deck does runs few creatures. And @ jetsrtike with 2 alche I would have totally splashed B.
Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Limited All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1