Magic-League.com Forum Index Magic-League.com
Forums of Magic-League: Free Online tcg playing; casual or tournament play.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

W/G Walker

Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Standard (T2) Decks
MassO

PostPosted: Sun Dec 18, 2011 3:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think that karn is alittle mana extensive for this deck that has little ramp, should probably be SB for control decks but It looks fun to play. I think if Mikaius or whatever should probably be Rampant Growths, If you have never drawn him, that is pretty disappointing and you need mana for this deck. Maybe even some Acidic Slimes SB or one main for another vat target?
Spyx

PostPosted: Sun Dec 18, 2011 5:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Your deck really wants rampant growth. Turn 3ing those 4 drops is very good, and nobody will kill your emissary that early.
Cut mikaeus, parallel lives (win more!).
Davis

PostPosted: Mon Dec 19, 2011 10:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wish a rabid mule would have explosive diarrhea on every copy of Mimic Vat ever made. That card makes me roid rage. I don't even understand it, but I know if I don't get rid of it right away I'm going to have a pouty party.

Anyway, I just hate that card. I don't know anything about your deck. Mimic Vat is super cheese and normally doesn't do jack corn, except for the rare times that it does, and then it wins the game.
JeZeus

PostPosted: Mon Dec 19, 2011 10:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mimic Vat seems subpar at best in this deck. I have nothing against the card but you are running all of 8 creatures and are playing in a control heavy creature light environment. I'd say drop it to a two slot, the lock is funny and getting gideon on vat is also funny so I guess that is ok? Either way drop Karn to 1-2 max add elspeth in that new 2slot and try to fit rampant growth. Wall of Tanglecord might be a worthwhile sideboard option if you are concerned about aggro and just want to online your planeswalkers.
JeZeus

PostPosted: Mon Dec 19, 2011 11:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

To fit Rampant growth drop the cards mentioned by other posts, mikaeus and parallel lives
thedarkness

PostPosted: Tue Dec 20, 2011 8:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not_I wrote:
Quote:
Mimic Vat seems subpar at best

Ill concede that if me or my opponent never have a creature die, mimic vat would be terrible. That being said, i think you couldn't be more wrong. When was the last time you played a game in which no creature died? How about with 4 DoJ's in the deck? How about with 3x gideon, 4x garruk? And thats just this deck doing the killing. How often do you play a creature that your opponent just ignores? If they ignore my creatures, sure, i wont need a mimic vat. But they will be dead in 2 turns after my hero hits the board too.

Quote:
creature light environment

Because most are running some uber powerful creatures. Mimic vat becomes even more insanely powerful because of this.

As for the parallel lives: I'm conflicted. Most people arent playing with enchant removal and thus it almost always remains on the board. it almost doubles the power of 1/3 of the cards in my deck. But yet still, every once in a while it just sits around and looks pretty because everything is getting countered or destroyed before i have a chance to benefit from it. Iv ran several matches without the parallel, and it just lacks that huge *UMPH*. Granted, the extra *UMPH* likely only speeds the win by one turn and thus isnt essential. But still, i think 1 turn quicker IS worth 2 cards in a deck.

Quote:
Your deck really wants rampant growth. Turn 3ing those 4 drops is very good, and nobody will kill your emissary that early.

Im well away of the merits of rampant growth over emissary. But for this deck, given the choice i will ALWAYS choose an emissary over a rampant. Why? you may ask. It is a multiple choice answer with the correct answer being all of the above:
1) Emissarys have an uncanny ability to stop all ground attackers for several turns, thus allowing time to develop assets.
2) Emissarys can be vatted
3) Emissarys can get +1 counters from makaeus/township and benefit from battlecry
4) You can sac emissarys to garruk
5) Noone kills an emissary early game. Thus it can allow me to rack up quite a bit of damage if i dont need it to stop attackers
6)Being a creature it can chump block serious threats to me and my walkers
7) 2 power for 2 mana should not be dismissed as weak, this is a mana hungry deck and when im using vats, 2 mana might be all the extra mana i can afford for additional creatures.

As for rampant growths, they work very well in decks which race for lethal damage. But this isnt that deck. This deck has answers in spades. Over half the deck is versatile removal, and the planeswalkers stick around to do it again and again. Adding rampant growths(and thus removing something to make room) would mean i have just that fewer answers.

I don't know what half those cards do because I barely play anymore, but it looks to me like you posted a deck and asked for advice, but you refuse to accept that any of the advice you've received has merit, despite being echoed by multiple people. Just sayin'.
Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Standard (T2) Decks All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1