Magic-League.com Forum Index Magic-League.com
Forums of Magic-League: Free Online tcg playing; casual or tournament play.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Sneaky Dragons

Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Casual or Other Decks
MrLazybum

PostPosted: Sun Nov 27, 2011 4:30 pm    Post subject: Sneaky Dragons Reply with quote

To start off with i will say its been a few years since i have played or got any new cards. When i did play at my local card shop i was know for my dragon collection which was 300+ 9 of most with least a foil if there was one. Much has changed and i have been looking at getting back into playing and updating some of the decks i did have built. So here is my Sneaky dragon deck:

15x mountain
04x forgotten cave

02x dragon mage
02x rorix bladewing
04x dragon tyrant
04x kilnmouth dragon
04x bladewing the risen
04x nicol bolas

04x sneak attack
03x gamble
03x mana vault
03x lotus pedal
03x mox ruby
03x mana crypt
02x lightning bolt
01x wheel of fortune

deck prob dont fit into any format since it has more then 1 copy of restricted cards but is just for fun. Way the deck works is to get sneak out and start using it to beat whoever you are playing against in the face with dragons. Has worked out quite well and several times i have been able to drop nicol bolas first turn and swing with it before other guy even gets to go he has lost his hand.

any ideas on how to make this deck work a bit better would be helpful. thanks for your time and reading. Very Happy
GreenBear

PostPosted: Sun Nov 27, 2011 4:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice you own 3 mox ruby
MrLazybum

PostPosted: Sun Nov 27, 2011 4:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ManfredByron wrote:
Nice you own 3 mox ruby

they are from collectors edition but in sleeves really cant tell the difference for the most part. was cheapest way for me to get them back in the day and i like the black border
magicman85

PostPosted: Sun Nov 27, 2011 5:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Collector's edition pfffff. might as well just make your own proxies for cheaper.
MrLazybum

PostPosted: Sun Nov 27, 2011 5:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

magicman85 wrote:
Collector's edition pfffff. might as well just make your own proxies for cheaper.

either way if they collector's or proxy dont help with the deck, lol
magicman85

PostPosted: Sun Nov 27, 2011 8:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Look up a sneak attack net deck they use blue too for show and tell and force of will. For creatures id definately put in emrakuls and blightsteel colossus
MrLazybum

PostPosted: Sun Nov 27, 2011 8:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

magicman85 wrote:
Look up a sneak attack net deck they use blue too for show and tell and force of will. For creatures id definately put in emrakuls and blightsteel colossus

show and tell really dont fit well with all the mana producing artifacts and the gambles letting you search for sneak if you need it

force would help when the deck gets a slow start but would require adding a 2nd color into the deck, something for me to look at.

with this being a sneak attack deck emrakuls would never actually be casted but the Annihilator 6 would be nice.

colossus and its poison counters would be 1 hit kill but really dont fit well into the theme of the deck being a sneaky dragon deck

might look into making another sneak deck but for this one would like to stick with the dragons
warwizard87

PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2011 7:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

through the breach.
therorschach

PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2011 12:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You have too many dragons. You don't need that many if you are sneaking. Add four through the breach as sneak backup and some card draw. You will tear thru your hand very fast with this deck and spot removal and discard will ruin your day. 12-16 dragons are enough. The rest should be draw and support. I would recommend seething song ancient tomb and simian spirit guide over the fragile artifact mana.
MrLazybum

PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2011 2:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

through the breach is a nice card indeed, been gone from mtg a few years and didnt know about that one.

as far as card draw, what could i add for a pure red deck?

as far as fragile artifact mana. deck is built to win in a few turns if game last anymore then that it tends to hurt me. but when the game does last that long its because the lack of card drawing.

was thinking i could splash in black for a demonic and vampiric tutor and then maybe even some dark rituals
MrLazybum

PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2011 9:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

revised deck list taking into consideration comments posted on original deck, went from pure red artifact sneak to red/black with lots of draw cards

Spells:

4x gamble
1x wheel of forutune
1x demonic tutor
1x vampiric tutor
1x burning wish (with another demonic tutor on hand)
4x sneak attack
4x dark ritual
4x Seething Song
4x sign in blood

?x tainted pack
?x dragonstorm

dragons:

4 Bogardan Hellkite
4 Dragon Tyrant
4 Kokusho, the Evening Star
4 Nicol Bolas

Lands:

2x barren moor (do like the cycle on these, but would they)
2x forgotten cave (hurt more then they help?)
4x badlands
4x Crystal Vein
4x Graven Cairns
4x Sulfurous Springs

as always i welcome comments and suggestions to improved deck

Last edited by MrLazybum on Sun Dec 04, 2011 2:20 am; edited 1 time in total
MrLazybum

PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2011 10:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

other cards to conisder:

fork (no longer restricted?) ($8 ish)
Reverberate (same as fork) (can prob pick up 4 for less then $Cool
Ricochet (2RR)
Reiterate (1RR with buyback of 3)

suppose just running fork or reverberate would be cheaper mana wise then running the other 2

cruel tutor ($20 ish) portal
grim tutor ($100+ ) starter

getting 2 more tutors would give me a chance to remove a few gambles which could hurt if the card i search for is discarded

what is the ruling on cards from portal and starter anyway? nether tutor is on the restricted or banned list for vintage (vintage the new type 1?)

i been out of this game too long it appears lol
Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Casual or Other Decks All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1