Magic-League.com Forum Index Magic-League.com
Forums of Magic-League: Free Online tcg playing; casual or tournament play.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

November 21 - December 18 Calendar discussion thread

Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Magic-League Tournaments

Invitational! This is...
awesome! I wish they did more!
77%
 77%  [ 7 ]
awful! Give me something I don't have to qualify to.
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
I don't care :/
22%
 22%  [ 2 ]
Total Votes : 9

DARKING
Level 3 Judge

PostPosted: Tue Nov 22, 2011 12:16 am    Post subject: November 21 - December 18 Calendar discussion thread Reply with quote

Thread to discuss anything related for the trial and master scheduled from November 21 to December 18. Link to it here: http://www.magic-league.com/info/calendar.php

Our schedule for the next 4 weeks (yes, you read it right, 4 weeks!) is this one:

9 Modern
7 Innistrad Sealed
4 Standard
4 Legacy
1 Build Your Own Block
1 Make Your Own Standard
1 Random Format Tournament
1 ExtendedPlus

Yes, we have a schedule for one month! Why's that you ask? Because on December 18th there won't be a Master, there will be an Invitational! An invite only tournament with a bigger prize than normal Masters. To qualify you must finish top4 in a trial.
Because the Invitational is Modern, Modern will be the format of choice, with 2 trials per week.
Innistrad Sealed still is popular, being an easy format to participate and also serving as training for the PTQ season.
Round it all with 4 Standard and 4 Legacy, and an assortment of Other trials format (BYOB, MYOS, RFT and ExtendedPlus!) this will be a fun month.

Last edited by DARKING on Mon Dec 19, 2011 7:34 pm; edited 1 time in total
styx^

PostPosted: Tue Nov 22, 2011 12:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd like at least a lil more standard :S

you could remove the extended+ for another t2, since ext+ is basicly modern.. or not? :E
xJudicatorx

PostPosted: Tue Nov 22, 2011 1:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree about Ext+, no point having it with all of those Moderns.

I don't reeeeally understand why we're having 4 weeks of qualifying instead of another master and 2 weeks for each. Anyway, it's nice to have all of that Modern in preparation, should give a bit more time for a post-ban meta-game to emerge.
Burton911

PostPosted: Tue Nov 22, 2011 5:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

more sealed then Standard <3

Extended Plus \o/
As i see it Extended Plus takes a funFormatSlot so where ist the Problem?
Will ext+ be played with or without MM?

perfect shcedule imo
struikje

PostPosted: Tue Nov 22, 2011 3:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

seems like a fun idea. I'm not a big fan of overextended either, seems to close to modern format, where there'll be plenty off. How about a different fun format, cube sealed for example? Smile
Ludz
Level 1 Judge

PostPosted: Wed Nov 23, 2011 5:30 am    Post subject: Re: November 21 - December 18 Calendar discussion thread Reply with quote

DARKING wrote:
To qualify you must finish top4 in a trial.

Will there be rating invites?
darkwizard42
Level 2 Judge

PostPosted: Wed Nov 23, 2011 6:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Will top3 teams also be invited?
Chaosworm

PostPosted: Sat Nov 26, 2011 9:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yay, four Legacy tourneys.

In any case, I like some invitational tournaments, as long as most of the Master tournaments are available for everyone to enter, so I voted for the first option.
Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Magic-League Tournaments All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1