Magic-League.com Forum Index Magic-League.com
Forums of Magic-League: Free Online tcg playing; casual or tournament play.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The obligatory Kessig Ramp Deck

Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Standard (T2) Decks
Lozober

PostPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2011 3:38 pm    Post subject: The obligatory Kessig Ramp Deck Reply with quote

Could u tell me what's the problem about this build?
tips or comments are welcome.

Kessig Elder

Main:

19 Forest
2 Kessig
4 Mountain

3 Birds
4 Dungrove elder
4 Primeval titan
4 Viridian Emissary
4 Solemn Simulacrum
1 Acidic Slime
3 Beast Within
3 Garruk, Primal
4 GSZ
2 Rampant Growth
3 Devil's Play

SB:
4 slagstorm
4 grudge
4 Thrun
1 acidic Slime
No idea about the rest, any tips?

I get rid of the 4 inkmoths on the deck as with the elder and devils play, i can pretty much go for life only and forget the combo, as elder+run> moth+ run as the former has hexproof, and moth without run is crap.
So, what am i missing here?
KnowN

PostPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2011 4:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would still play 2 inkmoths even with elder
sc4rs

PostPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2011 6:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I totally agree with KnowN.

The thing is, Moth is one of the best cards the deck (and really the format) has against control. Moth gets around all mass removal and sorcery speed removal, and only two of the big three instant removal spells (Doom Blade and Dismember) hit it while GFTT doesn't. Just getting one Moth puts a severe clock on control to do something about it, even without Run, and with Run it threatens a one or two turn kill if the control deck can't find an answer.

It does weaken Dungrove Elder, but Elder still gets wiped by DoJ or repeated BSZ, and can be chumped a lot easier than Moth can by Timely Reinforcement tokens and the like. I think it's a judgement call whether you want to run four, but at least two Moths to tutor against control is pretty much bare minimum.
max09

PostPosted: Wed Oct 26, 2011 5:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

swords of FF! ftw
Spyx

PostPosted: Thu Oct 27, 2011 1:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Inkmoth is good because it makes your primeval titan way better. Now they have to deal with the titan AND the inkmoth or they just die.
Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Standard (T2) Decks All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1