Magic-League.com Forum Index Magic-League.com
Forums of Magic-League: Free Online tcg playing; casual or tournament play.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Garruk Relentless/Garruk, the Veil-Cursed

Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Magic Rulings
chakal-PT

PostPosted: Wed Oct 19, 2011 10:18 am    Post subject: Garruk Relentless/Garruk, the Veil-Cursed Reply with quote

Hi,

My doubt is mostly about the transform ability... Does it occurs instantly?

-> For example with Garruk Relentless, if I use his first ability and after that it has two or fewer loyalty counters on him, does Garruk transform immediately?

-> I understand that even after transformstion, the card it's the same, so I believe that Garruk, the Veil-Cursed keeps the same counters that Garruk Relentless has before transforming, and you cannot use any of his abilities cause you already used it once this turn... Am I right?

I think I already understand most of the dual-faced card rules, but this one, being a planeswalker makes me a little bit confused... And if there was any rule or exception you think I should know, please be my guest!

Thanks for your help,

cHaKaL-PT
pseudodespot

PostPosted: Wed Oct 19, 2011 11:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It is a triggered ability so it will trigger whenever the game checks for trigger and the condition is met.

And yes you cannot use Garruk a second time n the same turn, regardless of whether he transformed or not.
Clariax
Level 3 Judge

PostPosted: Thu Oct 20, 2011 11:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

A planeswalker with 0 loyalty counters is put in the graveyard. (This is similar to being destroyed, but it's not actually destroyed, just put in the graveyard). This is a state-based action. So if Garruk goes from 3 counters to 0 counters it will end up in the graveyard, not transformed.

SaX wrote:
I also have a question bout this new planeswalker. I understand the part about only being able to use his abilities once per turn. What I am unsure on is Garruk starts with three and both his abilities are +0, the transformation takes place when he has "two or fewer loyalty counters on him" so assuming he starts with three and I used his token ability, EOT opponent casts an incinerate dealing three damage, does the card still flip or is Garruk destroyed? And if he still flips does he flip with 0 counters on him or do you have to have a min of 1 loyalty counter still on him post transformation???
Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Magic Rulings All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1