Magic-League.com Forum Index Magic-League.com
Forums of Magic-League: Free Online tcg playing; casual or tournament play.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

My competitive list Bant-blade

Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Standard (T2) Decks
Kewpee

PostPosted: Thu Oct 13, 2011 6:17 pm    Post subject: My competitive list Bant-blade Reply with quote

// Lands
3 Sunpetal Grove
4 Seachrome Coast
2 Island
2 Plains
6 Forest
4 Razorverge Thicket
3 Hinterland Harbor

// Creatures
4 Birds of Paradise
2 Geist of Saint Traft
4 Skinshifter
2 Sun Titan
4 Invisible Stalker

// Spells
1 Sword of Body and Mind
2 Sword of Feast and Famine
3 Dismember
1 Beast Within
4 Angelic Destiny
4 Ponder
4 Oblivion Ring
1 Sword of War and Peace

// Sideboard
SB: 2 Divine Offering
SB: 1 Naturalize
SB: 2 Celestial Purge
SB: 1 Tree of Redemption
SB: 4 Flashfreeze
SB: 3 Timely Reinforcements
SB: 2 Acidic Slime

one of my competitive standard lists, trying to work out a few kinks.. any advice is much appreciated

the skinshifter slot is pretty flexible, was thinking maybe mayor instead, forces your opponent to play a little more recklessly trying to not let it flip, or flip it back.

Im not the best sideboard constructor so any help there would also be greatly appreciated. might play this in a couple of events this week so feedback again, good or bad, is greatly appreciated.
P_P4E

PostPosted: Thu Oct 13, 2011 8:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

war and peace is the best sword for you I think. Feast or famine is the worst as you have no counterspells. I would cut those and add 2 more war and peace.

Ponder is near useless here. It's a terrible card without shuffling.

You're often going to be "sword flooded" with 8 creature enchantments. I would only run 6.

Where is Thrun?
Kewpee

PostPosted: Thu Oct 13, 2011 9:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmmm, hows about -1 faf -1 angelic -1 beast within +1 WaP +2 Thrun

also, what should i replace ponder with? Think Twice? maybe some countermagic? mana leak possibly? i do enjoy the card advantage better in this deck than control... maybe a plainswalker? perhaps elspeth? or garruk 2.0? even gideon may do well here.. seeing as RDW is all over the place. hmmm, curiosity? that would be good on an early Stalker.. and generate much more card advantage than ponder.... let me know what you think.. id love to know.
P_P4E

PostPosted: Fri Oct 14, 2011 12:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kewpee wrote:
Hmmm, hows about -1 faf -1 angelic -1 beast within +1 WaP +2 Thrun

also, what should i replace ponder with? Think Twice? maybe some countermagic? mana leak possibly? i do enjoy the card advantage better in this deck than control... maybe a plainswalker? perhaps elspeth? or garruk 2.0? even gideon may do well here.. seeing as RDW is all over the place. hmmm, curiosity? that would be good on an early Stalker.. and generate much more card advantage than ponder.... let me know what you think.. id love to know.

I would probably run the new garruk. You want a never-ending supply of dudes to equip.

Also in your mana base, I would make room for a 1 or 2 of moorland haunt and/or inkmoth nexus.

The problem with curiosity is that it doesn't work with birds of paradise or geist well. I wouldn't mind playing 1 or 2 though as it on a stalker is GG.

I would -4 Ponder, -2 angelic destiny + 2 thrun +1 garruk +3 mana leak.

Also, im not sure you want 3 dismember 4 o-ring as your removal suite.I think you might want a couple beast within for the versitility. You can EOT nuke one of your own lands untap and equip a sword to it and use it that way.
Kewpee

PostPosted: Fri Oct 14, 2011 7:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thanks for the advice p_p ill look into it
Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Standard (T2) Decks All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1