Magic-League.com Forum Index Magic-League.com
Forums of Magic-League: Free Online tcg playing; casual or tournament play.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

My FNM Bant Pod

Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Standard (T2) Decks
Sk1

PostPosted: Tue Oct 11, 2011 9:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Best defensive drop 4 = stonehorn dignatary
P_P4E

PostPosted: Tue Oct 11, 2011 9:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

deck's not bad.

Your mana base isn't correct IMO. You want 6 forest, 2 island, 2 plains, 4 razorverge, 2 seachrome, 4 hinterland, 2 sunpetal.

I play something akin to...

6 1 drop
5 2 drop
5 3 drop
5 4 drop
3 5 drop
3 6 drop (you NEED frost titan)
elesh norn

4 pod
4 non-creature spell.

You should board more Tree's. Best card against red. If you cast a tree, you almost always win. Let alone when you copy it with an image or metamorph. In your sideboard it's usually good to match up casting costs on cards in various matchups. IE against red you don't really want 2 acidic slimes, so find a 5 drop that fits (the 4/5 that gains 5 morbid works). Also since tree comes out in a lot of matchups that thrun would come in against, I like thrun in the sideboard.
max09

PostPosted: Wed Oct 12, 2011 12:16 am    Post subject: helping b.pod Reply with quote

well I can sugest you to play ponder or lead the stampede, those are good card advantage + the creautres you have in your deck, almost everything is 2x1, but some creatures you have in there I dont like very much like: *** fiend hunter(you need to sac sometimes if u have him in play u cant or ur opp will get his creat back or when they play DoJ will b X+1x1 (where X is the number of creatures u control and 1 is the creature removed with fiend hunter) *** thrun, def for sb. mayb 2 of them. *** avacyn's pilgrim sometimes i wanted him to be llanowar elves... and something I love in this deck is Solemn simulacrum... I run 1 llanowar elves 1 avacyn's pilgrim 4 bops 3 solemn simulacrum and 24 lands +2 ponder to reach birthing pod. viridian corrupter sb. I prefer sylvok replica maindeck so topor orb maindeck wont affect you.
"skab ruinator!!! AWESOME! just perfect for this deck!" XD I run 0 irl
run 2 in mws!!! phantasmal image def I run 2! 1 sun titan 1 wurmcoil engine, idk if frost titan is needed but i dont use it even in mws. obv 1 elesh norn 1 phyrexia metamorph 1 archon of justice
1 acicid slime 1 blade splicer(super card) try mirran crusader maindeck can kill black decks easily also try 3 solemn or 2 and remove those swords!! and o'rings! something very important in this deck that you are missing VENSER, the sojourner I play 1 because I just have 1 irl but a friend of mine play 2!

a super good 3 CC creature is Aether Adept 1UU = 2/2 (unsummon when comes into play) the tree of redemption can be a good sb card, it has defender, cant attack, I prefer him in sb

Ill post you my Bant pod very soon, but tonight im so tired.
I hope that my words can help you alot! bye and good luck
magicman85

PostPosted: Wed Oct 12, 2011 1:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
3. To enable myself the best opportunities to use pod Ive tried to curve the creatures as follows
1 drops: 7
2 drops: 6
3 drops: 5
4 drops: 4
5 drops: 3
6 drops: 2
7 drops: 1

I think your maths are wrong. Please try again.
pugz

PostPosted: Wed Oct 12, 2011 8:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd also like some tips for FNM bant pod... doesn't have to be a tier 1 list I own 2 phantasmal image 1 sun titan, the mana base is a lil shaky as I've only got 2 sunpetal 2 seachrome and 4 hinterland harbors... just looking for a few suggestions... elesh is in there.. im thinking of maybe playing a sunblast angel... thoughts? I'm also using 1 venser so I can stonehorn dignitary them..
ThE0aUg0MaN

PostPosted: Wed Oct 12, 2011 11:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i may be wrong, but i find that when playing pod, i like to have my 1 drops be helpful as far as fixing my mana base. Birds of Paradise are great and not that expensive. Im not sure about the pilgrim, but if it works, it works. I dont think in pod decks you should ever really use a 1 drop with pod unless you have to. I would start using pod with 2-3 drops. Therefore, i would include more 2-3 drops than 1 drops for that reason. Turn 1 BOP/pilgrim, turn 2 you can play a 3 drop/pod and turn 3 you can play a 2-3 drop or pod and USE the pod.
hawkman3111

PostPosted: Wed Oct 12, 2011 8:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Seems like the tree might work in this..
Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Standard (T2) Decks All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1