Magic-League.com Forum Index Magic-League.com
Forums of Magic-League: Free Online tcg playing; casual or tournament play.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

October 10 - October 23 Calendar discussion thread

Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Magic-League Tournaments
DARKING
Level 3 Judge

PostPosted: Mon Oct 10, 2011 6:25 pm    Post subject: October 10 - October 23 Calendar discussion thread Reply with quote

Thread to discuss anything related for the trial and master scheduled from October 10 to October 23. Link to it here: http://www.magic-league.com/info/calendar.php

Our schedule today includes:

6 Standard
2 Modern
2 Legacy
2 Innistrad Sealed
1 Block Party
1 Eternal Pauper

Heavy Standard schedule ahead of us, perfect for testing states. Modern, Legacy, and Sealed in case you don't want to play all that much Standard.
As for the Other formats this weeks, we have Block Party! (I love that format): pick a block you like, make a deck of that block (normal block banned list applies) and then crush other people's dreams with it.
Eternal pauper: make a deck with only commons! (minus Cranial Plating and High Tide).

As a general question, what Other format would you like to see for the next calendar schedule?

Last edited by DARKING on Mon Oct 24, 2011 2:36 am; edited 1 time in total
hawkman3111

PostPosted: Mon Oct 10, 2011 7:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would like to see EDH every once in a while..
Lostwanderer

PostPosted: Mon Oct 10, 2011 7:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd also like to se and EDH sometime, singlton formats are always intresting to see.
Az-cz
Level 2 Judge

PostPosted: Mon Oct 10, 2011 7:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

12 constructed formats vs only 2 limited formats seems whack. How about a cube sealed as it's kind of the legacy equivalent for limited? I'd be cool with other sealed formats, but anything other than cube or innistrad seems a hard sell.

Also states is a dead-event so who needs to practice for it. At least during sealed PTQ season it seems that running a lot of Innistrad sealed makes sense.

Of course, I love limited and will only play in the limited events, so that's my selfish desire, but I think it makes sense in general to have a lot of sealed during this season, and at any rate 2 is too few limited I think.
Varno

PostPosted: Tue Oct 11, 2011 7:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would like to see a random format sealed (pick random boosters from random sets)
DJDIKEZ

PostPosted: Wed Oct 12, 2011 1:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i agree to se lot of sealed of innistrad for ptractice to ptq and i want to see Commander too.
diegomediano

PostPosted: Fri Oct 14, 2011 9:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

latinamericans need testing for GP Santiago (Innistrad sealed + draft) and everyone need the same testing for the PTQ Honolulu season, so i think 2 sealed events aren't enough, maybe 3 or 4
Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Magic-League Tournaments All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1