Magic-League.com Forum Index Magic-League.com
Forums of Magic-League: Free Online tcg playing; casual or tournament play.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Create a Card Round 72 :)

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Other - Magic
Balaviaris

PostPosted: Mon Oct 10, 2011 3:27 am    Post subject: Create a Card Round 72 :) Reply with quote

Thanks AxiomBlurr! And since you liked the mechanic too, and i would like to see how a set of cards like this would be like, i hope people wouldn't mind the next challenge:

Create a card that has the "charge", or "ultimate" ability, or both, or somehow interacts with charge counters on yourself or others. You don't have to add the italics in your cards, since the abilities are supposed to be known from my card already, which is by the way:

Aribeth, Queen of Karkossa (1WB)

Legendary creature - Human Wizard (Sorceress) Mythic

Spells you control have Charge 1 (When you cast this spell, you gain 1 charge counter).

Ultimate X (exile Aribeth, Queen of Karkossa from your graveyard and remove X charge counters from yourself): Target player loses X life and you gain X life.

2/2

More specifically:
A spell with Charge X adds X charge counters on yourself ON CAST (triggered ability).
A spell with Ultimate X can be exiled from your graveyard, and does an effect with X, where X is the charge counters you remove from yourself upon activating the ability (activated ability, cannot remove more than you have). You can activate Ultimate ANY TIME YOU COULD PLAY THAT SPELL (if its an instant or a card with flash, then you do it as an instant, otherwise you activate it as a sorcery).

It can be any type of card, any kind of rarity. Have fun!

P.S. : Sorry if it seems a bit narrow or selfish ^^

Edit: So when you use the ability Ultimate X for example, all you need to write is: Ultimate X: Bla bla X something.

Last edited by Balaviaris on Mon Oct 10, 2011 10:00 am; edited 2 times in total
Lostwanderer

PostPosted: Mon Oct 10, 2011 3:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Blood sorceress of Oranak 3RB
Creature-Human sorceress
At the begining of your upkeep you gain a charge counter.
T: Deals X damage to target player equal to the number of charge counters on you.
UltimateX(you may exile this card from your graveyard and deal X damage to target creature equal to the number of charge counters on you.)
2/3
AxiomBlurr

PostPosted: Mon Oct 10, 2011 7:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ya I like the mechanic alot, creativity is king!

Knight of the Crimson Morn 2(R)(W)

Creature- Human Knight

Mythic

T: Knight of the Crimson Morn deals 1 damage to target creature or player and you gain 1 life. You gain 1 Charge counter.

Charge 2

Knight of the Crimson Morn gets +1/+1 for each Charge counter you have.

Ultimate 4: Search your library for a red or white instant card with converted mana cost 2 or less and play that card without paying its mana cost. Then shuffle your library.

2/2

Last edited by AxiomBlurr on Mon Oct 10, 2011 7:21 pm; edited 1 time in total
CharlesT

PostPosted: Mon Oct 10, 2011 7:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Charged Pinnacle - G
Enchantment - Rare
At the beginning of each upkeep put a charge counter on target permanent or player.
Whenever you have 100 or more charge counters, you win the game.
sc4rs

PostPosted: Mon Oct 10, 2011 7:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This one is a bit weird because it doesn't have a casting cost (like Evermind or Ancestral Visions) so I'll make a picture instead of writing it out.

Mcleetsauce

PostPosted: Mon Oct 10, 2011 8:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Electromagnetic Pulse (2)
Artifact (M)
Forcefield 3
Whenever a player casts a spell with Charge, put a charge counter on Electromagnetic Pulse. Then if there are five or more charge counters on it, sacrifice it. If you do, put a 3/1 red and blue Elemental with haste and trample onto the battlefield for each charge counter on Electromagnetic Pulse.
Gademis

PostPosted: Mon Oct 10, 2011 9:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Spark Eater R1

Creature - Elemental

Whenever you would gain a charge counter put a +1/+1 counter on spark eater instead.

Remove a charge counter from you: Spark eater deals no damage this turn and gains a +1/+1 counter. Any player may play this ability.

"Feed it and it goes away happy, comes back later bigger and hungrier..."

1/1
AxiomBlurr

PostPosted: Mon Oct 10, 2011 7:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Had to AMP my entry a little! kekekekek!!!! luv to all.
LordHawk

PostPosted: Mon Oct 10, 2011 7:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ruinic Volcano
Legendary Land - R
Ruinic Volcano comes into play tapped.
Ruinic Volcano comes into play with X charge counters on it, where X is equal to the number of Mountains in play.
T: Add (R) to your mana pool.
(R)(R), T, Sacrifice Ruinic Volcano: Until end of turn, each attacking creature gets +X/+0, where X is equal to the number of charge counters on it.

" If we can get this to blow, we can overtake Evelin's Army "

Last edited by LordHawk on Mon Oct 10, 2011 8:16 pm; edited 1 time in total
Mcleetsauce

PostPosted: Mon Oct 10, 2011 7:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LordHawk wrote:
Ruinic Volcano
Legenary Land - Rare

When Ruinic Volcano comes into play put X charge counters on Ruinic Volcano where X is equal to the total number of mountains in play. Ruinic Volcano comes into play tapped.

Tap: add R to your mana pool

Ultimate: RR Tap Sacrifice Ruinic Volcano: Ruinic Volcano gives each attacking creature +X/+0 where X is equal to the number of charge counters on Ruinic Volcano.

Should've been worded differently, AND, Ultimate was meant for the card to be IN the grave when the ability is activated.

Ruinic Volcano
Legendary Land - R
Ruinic Volcano comes into play with X charge counters on it, where X is equal to the number of Mountains in play.
(R)(R), T, Sacrifice Ruinic Volcano: Until end of turn, each attacking creature gets +X/+0, where X is equal to the number of charge counters on it.
LordHawk

PostPosted: Mon Oct 10, 2011 8:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Editted.
Balaviaris

PostPosted: Wed Oct 12, 2011 3:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Since not many people were interested in this round, I'm gonna judge it sooner than I planned, maybe tonight or tomorrow.
Balaviaris

PostPosted: Wed Oct 12, 2011 6:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lostwanderer wrote:
Blood sorceress of Oranak 3RB
Creature-Human sorceress
At the begining of your upkeep you gain a charge counter.
T: Deals X damage to target player equal to the number of charge counters on you.
UltimateX(you may exile this card from your graveyard and deal X damage to target creature equal to the number of charge counters on you.)
2/3

It would feel a lot more appropriate if the tap ability would do damage to creatures, and the ultimate would do damage to players, wouldn't it? Nice card though, balanced and flavorfull.
8/10

AxiomBlurr wrote:
Ya I like the mechanic alot, creativity is king!

Knight of the Crimson Morn 2(R)(W)

Creature- Human Knight

Mythic

T: Knight of the Crimson Morn deals 1 damage to target creature or player and you gain 1 life. You gain 1 Charge counter.

Charge 2

Knight of the Crimson Morn gets +1/+1 for each Charge counter you have.

Ultimate 4: Search your library for a red or white instant card with converted mana cost 2 or less and play that card without paying its mana cost. Then shuffle your library.

2/2

So a 4 mana 4/4 at least, that pings and pumps itself Smile. Although it seems a very playable card, its kinda weird that you would tap a fattie to do one damage somewhere (usually smaller creatures got that kind of abilities). Still the ultimate is nice, free lightning helixes ftw ^^.
8.5/10

CharlesT wrote:
Charged Pinnacle - G
Enchantment - Rare
At the beginning of each upkeep put a charge counter on target permanent or player.
Whenever you have 100 or more charge counters, you win the game.

100? Really? It seems quite a lot of counters, charge counters aren't as easy to get as mana (to compare it with the original pinnacle). Cool idea though, and the fact that you can charge your permanents too (artifacts I guess) is smart.
8/10

sc4rs wrote:
This one is a bit weird because it doesn't have a casting cost (like Evermind or Ancestral Visions) so I'll make a picture instead of writing it out.

Just for the effort to make a pic you will get free points, but i guess you already knew that Smile . I like the idea of choosing between ultimates, and i generally like cards that need be built around them to rule (discard/mill decks would love that). Although when i thought up of these mechanics i had in mind pure card advantage, meaning the card would do something else on its own, and the ultimate was a bonus. Cool idea nevertheless.
9/10

Mcleetsauce wrote:
Electromagnetic Pulse (2)
Artifact (M)
Forcefield 3
Whenever a player casts a spell with Charge, put a charge counter on Electromagnetic Pulse. Then if there are five or more charge counters on it, sacrifice it. If you do, put a 3/1 red and blue Elemental with haste and trample onto the battlefield for each charge counter on Electromagnetic Pulse.

What is forcefield? I wouldnt expect an electromagnetic pulse to die from pyroclasm or whatever, it would fit better flavorwise to deal pure damage (to creatures or players), but i guess the negative/positive electromagnetic waves could represent themselves as red/blue elementals, why not Smile (maybe if they died at end of turn too, it would be more balanced).
8.5/10

Gademis wrote:
Spark Eater R1

Creature - Elemental

Whenever you would gain a charge counter put a +1/+1 counter on spark eater instead.

Remove a charge counter from you: Spark eater deals no damage this turn and gains a +1/+1 counter. Any player may play this ability.

"Feed it and it goes away happy, comes back later bigger and hungrier..."

1/1

Thats a hungry bastard Smile. Nice representation of the growing with "eating" charge counters, and a nice alternate way to use them (although if that guy dies you will probably miss the charge counters that would be useful for an ultimate or something).
8.5/10

Mr_Weebles wrote:
Karkossa Grave-Troll (1GB)
Creature - Skeleton Troll (Rare)

As long as Karkossa Grave-Troll is in your graveyard, whenever a card is put into your graveyard from anywhere, you may gain a charge counter.

Ultimate X: Put the top X cards of target player's library into his or her graveyard.

3/2

So, put 2 of those in your graveyard, and you will probably mill yourself easily. Awesome for dredge decks, and the Karkossa reference awarded you some extra points Smile.
9/10

LordHawk wrote:
Ruinic Volcano
Legendary Land - R

I don't think you read the criteria of this round correctly, so I think i'm gonna pass on this one.

khara wrote:
Gehena blast 1R
instant - uncommon

<cardname> deals 1 damage to target creature or player.

During your upkeep, if <cardname> is in your graveyard, you gain 1 charge counter.

ultimate X: deals X damage to target creature or player.

"i smell toasted flesh"

Potential to do tons of damage, and it pays of to play it early (unlike most of burn spells). Very balanced and playable uncommon, would surely see play in my imaginary set Smile. Gj
9/10

So, we got a tie between Khara, Mr_Weebles and sc4rs. And the winner is... sc4rs, hoping that some day everyone will post a home-made card like him (it would prevent people from putting too much text, and the art selections would matter too!). Anyway, good luck with next round.
sc4rs

PostPosted: Wed Oct 12, 2011 7:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cool, thanks Balaviaris. Smile I used Magic Set Editor, it's a pretty great program if you don't know about it - it'll make making a set a lot easier, for sure!

New thread is up!
Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Other - Magic All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2