Magic-League.com Forum Index Magic-League.com
Forums of Magic-League: Free Online tcg playing; casual or tournament play.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Elves stompie/staff combo

Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Legacy (T1.5) Decks
kane2

PostPosted: Sun Oct 09, 2011 2:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

give me a little time and ill whip up a better version for you.. care to explain the hurricane?
kane2

PostPosted: Sun Oct 09, 2011 2:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

4got wrote:
well the hurricane gives me the infinite damage when get the 5 elves with priest and staff of dominance.

hurricane is NOT the card you want then.. Banefire is good mmkay Very Happy
kane2

PostPosted: Sun Oct 09, 2011 3:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here you go(just a basic staff/elfball deck):

// Lands
16 Forest
2 Gaea's Cradle
2 Wirewood Lodge

// Creatures
2 Joraga Warcaller
2 Timberwatch Elf
2 Emrakul, the Aeons Torn
4 Birchlore Rangers
4 Wood Elves
4 Wirewood Channeler
4 Quirion Elves
4 Priest of Titania
4 Llanowar Elves

// Spells
3 Staff of Domination
2 Collective Unconscious
1 Banefire
4 Sylvan Scrying

// Sideboard
SB: 2 Harmonize
SB: 4 Wellwisher
SB: 3 Reprisal
SB: 3 Krosan Grip
SB: 3 Tormod's Crypt

For your problem with Iona, I went with reprisal even though there are other things you can use(swords to plowshares, terror, etc) play them off the birchlore ability or the quiron's ability.. I moved the wellwishers to the board as they aren't essential unless you are in a matchup where you absolutely NEED to gain life otherwise it would just slow the combo down. Timberwatch I left in but at 2 just so you have another way to win, but you dont need to rely on it. Collective Unconsious is a great draw spell for an elf deck since by the time you play it it will completely refill your hand.

The tormod I left for the reanimator, but switched the nat's for krosan grip(1 more colorless to get split second making it uncounterable). Harmonize is in the board just in case you need more draw.

Anyway.. give it a try and lemme know what you think.
maps

PostPosted: Sun Oct 09, 2011 4:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
4got

Posted: Sun Oct 09, 2011 2:32 pm Post subject:
well the hurricane gives me the infinite damage when get the 5 elves with priest and staff of dominance.

Embarassed
kane2

PostPosted: Sun Oct 09, 2011 4:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

4got wrote:
i like the idea of the birchlore rangers to give me access a multi colour tool box for swords and banefire (when i combo with staff to do the banefire i can draw into and play the birchlores so its not a problem with multi colours). sure i don't really need the life gain from well wishers. so i think thats a good replacement

the rate at which my original deck generated mana was better for the extra 2 joraga warcallers over the timberwatchs since i could cast them for 1 mana or multi kick them for the overwhelming effect.

wirewood channeler seems too expensive for the mana gen slot since you pay 4 and he generates at max 4-6 mana since there is no way of untapping him in your build since no symbiotes and qurion rangers.

taking out the green sun's zeniths takes away a lot. being able to grab just the right elf you need was a big thing, for example 3 mana for a priest, 2 for a symbiote or ranger or llanowar or birchlore. and it shuffles back in making it any elf you need again.

for the card drawing advantage i found the sylvan messengers had really nice synergy with the symbiotes. since it got me 2-4 elves each time and didn't cost 6 to play and doesn't require me needing creatures on the field, eliminates the problem of the field being reset by a WoG effect which is when you actually need the hectic drawing effects otherwise drawing is just a nice bonus.

i ran the green sun's zeniths so that i could have 7 of each elf in the deck in effect. i could at times even fetch a joraga and bounce it with symbiote and play it with a nice multikick.

the wood elves seem a little expensive for what they do considering you could rather just play a fynhorn elves ? or even my taunting elves, since they open the way for nice damage with a big joraga in play.

the sylvan scrying seems nice for a cradle but i dont really need that much land considering half my elves produce mana or allow me to bounce and protect my lands. 1-2 land is all i need to get going.

the krosan grip idea seemed good. never thought of it, what happens when you don't play for a while.

the reprisals are nice but like you suggested i will rather run the swords, costs less and they can't just reanimate the iona again.

i think i will also get my hands on some green white dual lands (not sure which ones quite yet depends on prices...) that will also make casting the swords easier.

Not trying to sound like an ass or anything.. But there is still stuff that untaps in my build(the lodges and the staff's)..

As for collective unconcious.. cheap creatures that give mana(sounds like a great reason to play it)

As for the GSZ.. I suppose you could play it over the timberwatches..

As for symbiote.. you really don't need it.

As for duals.. no.. just no.. birchlore, quiron and channeler take care of your off color stuff.
Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Legacy (T1.5) Decks All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1