Magic-League.com Forum Index Magic-League.com
Forums of Magic-League: Free Online tcg playing; casual or tournament play.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Advice for my IRL GW Humans List

Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Standard (T2) Decks
ThE0aUg0MaN

PostPosted: Sun Oct 09, 2011 1:47 pm    Post subject: Advice for my IRL GW Humans List Reply with quote

Before rotation I was running GW Turbo Fog with mixed success. I was thinking the past few weeks about what I wanted to build for the new standard. I thought of RDW and then UB Control. I landed on GW humans. This deck is fun, cheap enough, and incredibly resilient to alot of other aggro decks. The only foreseeable issue is with RDW's Stromkirk Noble. I can answer this with several cards in my deck thankfully. Without further Ado, here is my list. It is not complete, but ill discuss that later.

GW Humans by SlimTim

//Land// (24)

13x Plains
6x Forest
4x Sunpetal Grove
1x Gavony Township

//Creatures// (26)

4x Champion of the Parish
4x Elite Vanguard
4x Mayor of Avabruck
2x Mentor of the Meek
3x Fiend Hunter
4x Mirran Crusader
1x Hero of Bladehold
3x Angelic Overseer
1x Geist-Honored Monk

//Spells// (10)

4x Honor of the Pure
2x Bonds of Faith
4x Oblivion Ring

//Sideboard// (15)

3x Timely Reinforcements
2x Torpor Orb
2x Celestial Purge
2x Gideon Jura
2x Spare from Evil
2x Naturalize
1x Rebuke
1x Creeping Corrosion

A few explanations -

1x Gavony Township - I only run 1 because its tough to get this online especially in a deck that is as fast as this one. If I DO end up getting it up and running, its great and usually its a late game changer.

2x Mentor of the Meek & 1x Geist-Honored Monk - The Mentors are not as good as I had originally thought they would be. Hypothetically they are great but in reality they are way too slow. The monk is a decent human that is a really good blocker and gives me two white flying tokens that usually end up being 2/2 or even 3/3 depending on how many Honor of the Pures I end up having. These 3 cards are currently waiting to be replaced by 3 more Hero of Bladehold. I currently cant afford the hero's. They are $10 apiece at my local shop. Im looking to trade 2 Gideons for the 3 Hero's, I just havnt found the right person yet.

2x Bonds of Faith- This card is surprisingly VERY good in this deck. the utility of this card is amazing. The flexibility to act as a growth enchantment AND a pacifism in the same card is very very useful in so many situations. Im very happy with this addition.

My Sideboard is NOT finished obviously. The Timely's are obv for Aggro. The Torpor Orbs are for POD decks. Purges are for many different matchups. Spare from evil is not really for any particular deck. It has helped me when I have had attrition issues where I need to be able to get through to my opponents life just once when we both have played all of our tricks and are at a standstill. Naturalize is obv for pods, steel, etc. Creeping Corrosion is for steel. Might need to add 1 more in there but i hesitate to play a double green CC in here. Rebuke is there for lack of a better card on hand.

Any constructive advice/ criticism is welcome. Thanks for the look.
ThE0aUg0MaN

PostPosted: Sun Oct 09, 2011 1:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I also wanted to ask: What do you guys think of maybe adding Adaptive Automation to this list?? Im very interested in testing with it. I am not sure if having another "Lord" would be beneficial enough to this particular deck. Any thoughts would be great. Thanks again.
ThE0aUg0MaN

PostPosted: Sun Oct 09, 2011 1:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh, one more thing. My local shop and apparently everyone who attends FNM is all out of or are currently using every damn copy of Razorverge Thicket. I plan on adding 4 to fix my mana base. I mean, I hardly ever get mana screwed, but it has been known to happen every once in a while.
GreenBear

PostPosted: Sun Oct 09, 2011 2:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You want more galvony townships for sure 3 is prob the minimum you can run.
kane2

PostPosted: Sun Oct 09, 2011 4:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

personally UW or UWg but I wouldnt run GW if I were you
ThE0aUg0MaN

PostPosted: Wed Oct 12, 2011 11:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

im already running GW, i dont see any REAL advantage to dropping green for blue. possibly splashing blue might be DECENT, but definitely not just UW. Also, like I explained in my main post, Gavony Townships are too slow in this particular deck. Im only running 1 because through playtesting, i would rather have a plains or a sunpetal grove/razorverge thicket 9 times out of 10 because early on having a 1 colorless land doesnt help my situation very much. It IS good once i can get it online, but its very rare that games with this build last long enough for me to get any REAL advantage from township.
Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Standard (T2) Decks All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1