Magic-League.com Forum Index Magic-League.com
Forums of Magic-League: Free Online tcg playing; casual or tournament play.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Magic-League presence on facebook

Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> General Magic-League Issues
Mr_DoomZ

PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2011 10:20 am    Post subject: Magic-League presence on facebook Reply with quote

Hey guys. I have a quick thought to you. Have you guys put thought into integrating ML into facebook? I would realy be interested to see more activity on the Magic League facebook page (the rare posts) and I know I am not alone.

Some things myself as a magic league user would like to see

A larger community and tournament turnouts, Facebook is a proven way to have online community's and ideas go viral.

Add a calendar or schedule on to the facebook page.

When a trial opens if you post somthing perhaps there will be a few impromptu additions that were not planning on playing but do have the time.

Perhaps post master standings and pairings on facebook, this one I would think is not necessarily a big deal but its a thought

I think some things from the coverage site perhaps even the entire site can be shifted into facebook. I mean even links to the site are nice and ways to REMIND people that this stuff is here and entertaining

I myself am on facebook for a large amount of my free time not to mention plugged in when I leave the house and able to see posts while on the go. Having so many things going on in life and on the internet in general I have a hard time remembering the stuff I really want to do (ML tournys) goes at certain times and to be honest dont have irc open all the time so a post on facebook would be an awesome way to get a larger trail and no max turnout.

Please share with me your feelings and concerns about this idea I am really passionate about ML and want to help it in any way.

Tyvm for your time
MrDoomz(Matt Stohr)
jfc
Level 1 Judge

PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2011 12:28 pm    Post subject: re Reply with quote

i think who is being the page is actually djinn and weedmonkey
Djinn
Level 2 Judge

PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2011 12:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mr_Doomz, that's a great idea indeed. I myself tried to revitalize m-l facebook page by spamming it on main channel for a while, but it was quite a while ago. Contact me with posts you would like to see updated on facebook and I might give them green light. IF your idea is successful, the league will owe a lot to you Very Happy
Burton911

PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2011 2:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You can do whatever you like to the facebook page.
But PLEASE dont go as far as to put like buttons under everything on the ml page.

I dont get it either whats the advangte of putting infos on facebook that you can find on the ml homepage, but as I said earlier i dont care, and i guess it wont hurt anyone.
kendiggy

PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2011 7:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm a facebook affictionado myself. I think linking the site to facebook is an awesome idea, twitter, too. Having a notification posted for No-Max tourneys, Trials and Masters I think are the most plausible. Posting articles and news on facebook is obviously important. Its much more convenient having everything in one source. Im more likely to post in a debate on facebook than i am to post in forums. Thats two less pages I have to load. Theres my two cents.
[paradox]

PostPosted: Wed Oct 05, 2011 1:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i am all for more facebook integration! seems cool to me. Smile
Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> General Magic-League Issues All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1