Magic-League.com Forum Index Magic-League.com
Forums of Magic-League: Free Online tcg playing; casual or tournament play.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Introducing the moscowdemon masters series!

Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Magic-League Tournaments

What do you think of this fun project?
Amazing!
42%
 42%  [ 8 ]
Pretty Cool
52%
 52%  [ 10 ]
It's ok
5%
 5%  [ 1 ]
I don't like it
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
This is a terrible idea
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
If I voted, I would be trolling, so here is my vote
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 19

moscowdemon
Level 4 Judge

PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2011 8:47 pm    Post subject: Introducing the moscowdemon masters series! Reply with quote

For those of you familiar with the late night magic minis I host, here is something for everyone! This will outline the Win a Mini's I do and will also give you info on the MMS that I would like to begin!

For those of you unfamiliar with the Win a Mini's I run: A Win a Mini event is a randomly decided upon event for time purposes. I do them without much warning and they have their format announced in advance (usually within an hour of the start time).
The concept is that if you win that mini, you get 1 mini of your choice.
The catch is that the amount of minis double with the players! If 8-15 enter, first gets a mini! If 16-31 enter, BOTH FINALISTS recieve a mini! This prize scales as the entries do!
The other catch is only I, moscowdemon, can give you your mini, which is limited to an 8 max. You can pretty much message me anytime that you see me online and ask about your mini and it will very likely be run (outside circumstances like emergency or soon leaving will make it postponed though). But here's the best part! If the mini doesn't fill within the time, you still have a mini! You haven't been considered to have "used" your mini until it fires!

Now with that out of the way, I wish to inform you of the MMS! This is intended to bring some fun to your minis with the addition of getting rewarded for winning them more! Don't feel the need to be serious about gathering tons of points (which I will explain how to acquire in a bit), but have some fun with it!
To get points: Simply WIN any mini or trial that I host! You win a POINT for each WIN you had in the event! (This includes byes)
What are the prizes you ask? The prize is 3 MINIS (8 max only, following the same rules as the Win a Mini prize mini) while second place (only if we have 10+ people with points) recieves 1 MINI!
I may invoke extra prizes for the MMS based on the amount of people on the points list, but that would not be announced until the period of time ends. I will be testing time lengths for the "scoring period". I will be posting the Points list in this thread as the period goes on, updating the post each time. When the next period begins, a new post will be made in this thread with the new point holders (notice: no points carry over from period to period).

If you are wondering about your points over time: yes, I will be tracking them over time. You will compile points that can be redeemable in the future! I will inform you of this more later once I figure it out. It will involve redeeming points for minis though!

If you are wondering about participation: I unfortunately cannot award points to everyone, only those who win minis. This is mainly for a tracking purpose and will stay permanent unless reason otherwise changes this. If I have to track every single player who enters every single event I have, it will be an EXTREMELY long process that will require more time to update points than it would to run the minis themselves.

On that note: Best of luck guys! I hope you enjoy this fun little addition!

NOTICE: IF THE STAFF WISHES THIS SERIES END, FOR WHATEVER REASON, IT WILL HAVE TO HAPPEN. I AM SORRY IF IT DOES HAPPEN THAT WAY, BUT WE CAN STILL ENJOY OURSELVES IN THE MEANTIME.

If you have any questions, please PM me on IRC!
moscowdemon
Level 4 Judge

PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2011 9:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Series #1
Timeframe - October 4, 2011 until October 17, 2011
In case of a Tie, Tiebreakers are as follows: Most Events Won then Least Byes Recieved. If still tied after this, players split prizes included. If 2 places being awarded and 1st has a 2 way tie, no "2nd" will be awarded, the two tied for 1st will split the minis.

Player Points Events Won Byes

jessica 12 3 0
Dali 5 2 1
bibaille 5 1 1
TerrateX 5 1 1
Sandro 4 1 1
Pericles 4 1 1
xJudicatorx 4 1 1
eatsmortals 4 1 2
el_cuervito 3 1 0
Ryk 3 1 0
Tidus- 3 1 0
Burn_Trail 3 1 0
GunsAndDope 3 1 0
mishimakaz 3 1 0
Florasten 3 1 0
pilou 3 1 0
TOPO 3 1 0
Tird_Ape 3 1 1
khim 2 1 0
Comodope 2 1 0
Selkie 2 1 0
Hizar 2 1 1

Based on last minute decisions (mainly on my behalf as I had IRL events that kept me from running events here, and to allow for more play in this series) I have extended season 1 to lasting until 12 AM EST on October 17th. For the sake of keeping it simple, any event that is open or running when that time hits, it still in that time limit. As long as ENTRIES go up BEFORE midnight, it is in this season. Thanks for everyone who has been participating so far!

Last edited by moscowdemon on Thu Oct 13, 2011 9:52 pm; edited 10 times in total
ShottyHorroh

PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2011 9:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

superrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr rrrridic. loooooooooooooooooooove it
magicman85

PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2011 10:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You should sell mini's on ebay.
Mr_DoomZ

PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2011 9:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very cool.
ThE0aUg0MaN

PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2011 3:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

you should DEFINITELY sell minis on ebay! lol Wink
plowerfower
Level 1 Judge

PostPosted: Wed Oct 05, 2011 12:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maybe you should exclude judges from prizes. Cool idea though <3
moscowdemon
Level 4 Judge

PostPosted: Mon Oct 17, 2011 8:35 pm    Post subject: Season 1 has finished! Reply with quote

Season 1 comes to a close!

jessica is the champion of season 1 with 12 points made off of 3 wins!
2nd place (winning a mini because we had over 10 players with points) is Dali with 5 points won in 2 events!

Congrats to our winners!!!

Season 2 information will be in the next post where I will announce some new changes!
moscowdemon
Level 4 Judge

PostPosted: Mon Oct 17, 2011 9:41 pm    Post subject: Season 2 Info and Standings Reply with quote

Season 2 will be adding to the possible players who can recieve points!
This choice is based off of the amount of bigger events (9 or more players) I was able to fire and I would like to thank all the players on this one!
In Season 2 we have the following breakdown chart:
Player Amount - 1st place multiplier - 2nd place multiplier - 3/4th place multiplier
8 - 1x - 0 - 0
9-16 - 2x - 1x - 0
17+ - 4x - 2x - 1x

First place for this season will recieve 3 minis while second place for the season will recieve 1 mini as long as 15 players recieve points! Good luck to everybody!

Standings for Season 2
Player Points Events Won Byes

darkenrahl 24 1 1
Lroman 20 1 1
steb 10 0 0
khim 9 2 0
mycah 8 1 1
noremac 8 1 1
Tird_Ape 8 0 0
truth 6 2 1
jessica 6 1 0
Rishi 6 1 1
The_Youth 5 1 1
jpablo 4 1 0
pterarch 4 1 1
ludz 4 0 0
DaveLombJr 3 1 1
kromos 3 1 1
zley 3 1 1
AMT7 3 0 0
Chuudra 3 0 0
nikoleye 3 0 1
twistednic 2 1 0
mini_maynard 2 1 0
brewfox 2 1 0
megassi 2 1 0
eatsmortals 2 1 1
kesky 2 1 1
ninjataco 1 0 0

End date for season 2 is October 31 at 11:59 PM EST
Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Magic-League Tournaments All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1