Magic-League.com Forum Index Magic-League.com
Forums of Magic-League: Free Online tcg playing; casual or tournament play.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Create a Timmy card! Round 70

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Other - Magic
Gademis

PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2011 12:16 am    Post subject: Create a Timmy card! Round 70 Reply with quote

So the theme for this round is a Timmy card (you can google it for those who dont know who/what Timmy is) with the following additional rule:

Must be a Creature that can appear in any color with a circle in mind (create only one plz). The creature can be single color or multy (like the 3 color dragons various sets have introduced) but you must be able to tell which is his main color.

Criteria for points are:
Timmy likes this card! = 4
Color pie/ability synergy = 3
Is it something new? = 2
Flavor = 1

Edit: Cause I wasnt clear enough. Circle = white creature with "white" ability, Blue creature with "blue" ability and so on. Like the 5 titans on core, the 5 kamikawa dragons and so on.

Last edited by Gademis on Tue Oct 04, 2011 12:00 am; edited 2 times in total
xJudicatorx

PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2011 12:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Could you be more clear about the circle thing? You mean make a creature that could have a cycle based off of it? Or make a creature that can be played in any color deck? Or make a creature whose flavor has something to do with a circle? o.0
sc4rs

PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2011 7:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Minotaur Commander
3RR
Creature - Minotaur - Uncommon
R: Target creature gains haste until end of turn.
R: Target creature gains first strike until end of turn.
R: Target creature gets +1/+0 until end of turn.
3/3

And just for fun, the other abilities:
Green: Add 1 of any color, trample, reach
Blue: Flying, hexproof, becomes the color of your choice
White: Lifelink, +0/+1, vigilance
Black: Regenerate, intimidate, deathtouch
Mcleetsauce

PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2011 10:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here's something kind of interesting:

Construct of Chaos (5)
Artifact Creature - Construct
Pay 2 life: Choose one - Until end of turn, Construct of Chaos gains vigilance and lifelink; or until end of turn, Construct of Chaos gains flying and hexproof; or until end of turn, Construct of Choas gains deathtouch and infect; or until end of turn, Construct of Chaos gains haste and "(R): Construct of Chaos gets +1/+0 until end of turn."; or until end of turn, Construct of Chaos gains trample and reach. Activate this ability only once each turn.
3/3

Sure, it's not really a Timmy, but, I like the idea of it. /shrug
cloysterd

PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2011 10:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Inferno Elemental (Rare)
4RRR
Creature - Elemental
7/7

Haste, Protection from Blue and from White

When Inferno Elemental enters the battlefield, it deals 7 damage to each of up to 7 target creatures. This damage cannot be prevented. If a creature dealt damage this way would die this turn, it is exiled instead.

"Let them speak of discipline and control. Their words will be burned away by a power beyond any control!"

The cycle would be 7/7s for 7 with some 7-based ETB trigger. Black would draw 7 and lose 7 life, blue would bounce 7 non-land permanents, etc. Protection from enemy colors adds extra Timmy appeal and a bit of flavor.
pseudodespot

PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2011 2:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

cloysterd your card makes Inferno Titan a bad joke.

Voice of the Nimmerdead 5WW

Creature - Angel (Mythic)

Flying, vigilance

Whenever Voice of the Nimmerdead deals combat damage to a player, put that many 1/1 white Spirit creature tokens with flying onto the battlefield.

They listen to everything you have to say. Everything.
5/6

Just to give you a feeling of the other four:
-Green would make an ooze token that is as large as the damage.
-Red would discard your hand and draw you cards equal to the dmg
-Black would reanimate a creature with that cmc or less from a graveyard.
-Blue would make that many copies of itself.
note that they would not be all 5/6 for 7. P/T would vary.

This is somewhat an evergreen on a Timmey card. Tokens and flashy creatures that are too huge to be relevant, but IF they ever strike, they will wreck havoc.

Last edited by pseudodespot on Tue Oct 04, 2011 6:39 am; edited 5 times in total
Jacois

PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2011 2:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ghoulish Disciple BB
Creature - Zombie Mutant

When Ghoulish Disciple enters the battlefield, each player sacrifices a creature.
BYOB's. - Ghoul Academy directive

3/3

*EDIT*

This would be a cycle (I assume that's what you mean by circle) of 2cc 3/3's all with double mana of their colour to cast. WW could be tap all permanents they don't untap during their controllers next untap step, blue could be each player draws a card, red deals 3 damage to each creature and green each player searches for a basic land and puts it into play.

Last edited by Jacois on Tue Oct 04, 2011 4:22 pm; edited 1 time in total
Rag_garn

PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2011 4:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Clairvoyodor
2UU
Creature - Shapeshifter
Unblockable

At the beginning of your upkeep you may look at the top 5 cards of your library and choose a creature card and exile it facedown.

Whenever ~ deals damage to a player you may reveal one of the cards exiled with ~ and make ~ become a copy of it and get this ability.

2/2

Ruling might be a bit wierd but i hope you get the point.
pg8

PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2011 5:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Master of the Forest -- 6GGG
Creature--Human Wizard (M)
At the beginning of your upkeep, each player may search his or her library for a creature card and put it onto the battlefield. Each player who searched a library this way shuffles it.
Creatures you control have trample.
Whenever another creature enters the battlefield, you gain 1 life.
(3/3)

I would have loved something like this if I had only been playing for a month, I only played EDH, and I had never seen Counterspell, Lightning Bolt, or Swords to Plowshares.

I also assume "circle" refers to the color pie and not a "cycle". If it's a cycle, I can give you the rest if you let me know.

EDIT:
So, to make this a fun cycle...
The name easily lends itself to cycle-dom, as the last word can change to reflect the flavor.
All cost 6***, where * is one mana of their respective color.
All will have the same basic format: big awesome somewhat-symmetrical ability that triggers at your upkeep, beneficial static ability that synergizes with the first ability, another ability with synergy.
All will also be 3/3. The Timmy-ness comes from the fact that you do big awesome things, not that they have big numbers.

W- At the beginning of your upkeep, each player puts a 1/1 Soldier creature token onto the battlefield for each creature on the battlefield. Creatures you control have first strike. Tap an untapped creature you control: tap target artifact or creature.
U- At the beginning of your upkeep, each player draws two cards. You have no maximum hand size. Whenever a player draws a card, you may have that player put the top X cards of his or her library into his or her graveyard, where X is the number of cards in your hand.
B- At the beginning of your upkeep, each player returns one creature card from his or her graveyard to the battlefield. Creatures you control have deathtouch. Whenever a creature dies, exile it and put a 1/1 colorless Spirit creature token with flying onto the battlefield.
R- At the beginning of your upkeep, each player reveals cards from the top of his or her library until he reveals an instant or sorcery card and exiles that card, then shuffles his or her library. That player may cast that card without paying its mana cost. Instant and sorcery spells you cast cost 1 less to cast. Whenever you cast an instant or sorcery spell, creatures you control get +1/+0 until end of turn.

Last edited by pg8 on Tue Oct 04, 2011 2:49 pm; edited 1 time in total
AxiomBlurr

PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2011 9:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kiquan, Jade Elder 1WGGG

Legendary Creature - Human Shaman (Mythic)

1: Until end of turn Kiquan, Jade Elder becomes an artifact and loses its other types and abilities.

W, Remove a creature card in your graveyard from the game: put a 1/1 white Spirit token with flying onto the battlefield.

GGG: Creatures you control gain +3/+3 and trample until end of turn.

5/5

"And those beyond judgement, the Elders of the Sacred Stones, returned to lead once again..." Themaphorian Clay Tablet Inscription.

** An elder for each of the friendly colour pairings, all with the same: cmc cost format (1XYYY), ability format (1: turn to stone, X: and YYY:) and power and toughness.
Gademis

PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2011 12:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

For those confused with the "circle" I initially posted look at AxiomBlurr, pseudodespot and sc4rs' examples since they got it right (they got right what I meant). You can modify your entries if you like. I will postpone the scoring if I see people caring about it. Otherwise I will judge them 30-32 hours from now.
Lostwanderer

PostPosted: Wed Oct 05, 2011 12:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Msater of the Plague 4GGBB
Creature-Elemental
Each other creature gets -x/-x where x is equal to ~'s power
At the begining of your upkeep put a -1/-1 counter on ~.
~can't attack.
2GB:Can attack this turn.
9/9
"Even a plague dies"
Gademis

PostPosted: Thu Oct 06, 2011 2:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Since I dont like ".5" (5.5 2.5 and so on) I will be judging more "brutaly" so that we can have a clear winner without me having to add ".5" here and there so that one of the cards get "9.5" instead of "9" to win ^^.

sc4rs wrote:
Minotaur Commander
3RR
Creature - Minotaur - Uncommon
R: Target creature gains haste until end of turn.
R: Target creature gains first strike until end of turn.
R: Target creature gets +1/+0 until end of turn.
3/3

Timmy: 1/4 too low on P/T and not any flashy abilities
Abilities/Color/Balance: 3/3 maybe a bit overpriced
New: 0/2 Nothing new here move along
Flavor: 0/1
Total: 4/10

Mcleetsauce wrote:
Construct of Chaos (5)
Artifact Creature - Construct
Pay 2 life: Choose one - Until end of turn, Construct of Chaos gains vigilance and lifelink; or until end of turn, Construct of Chaos gains flying and hexproof; or until end of turn, Construct of Choas gains deathtouch and infect; or until end of turn, Construct of Chaos gains haste and "(R): Construct of Chaos gets +1/+0 until end of turn."; or until end of turn, Construct of Chaos gains trample and reach. Activate this ability only once each turn.
3/3

Timmy: 1/4 too low on P/T and too complicated abilities for timmy
Abilities/Color/Balance: 1/3 No color, Does not seem to be part of a 5 creature set that center around a color
New: 1/2 Flooding with various options
Flavor: 1/1 Seems chaotic enough without any flavor text
Total: 4/10

cloysterd wrote:
Inferno Elemental (Rare)
4RRR
Creature - Elemental
7/7

Haste, Protection from Blue and from White

When Inferno Elemental enters the battlefield, it deals 7 damage to each of up to 7 target creatures. This damage cannot be prevented. If a creature dealt damage this way would die this turn, it is exiled instead.

"Let them speak of discipline and control. Their words will be burned away by a power beyond any control!"

Timmy: 4/4 Timmy loves this!
Abilities/Color/Balance: 1/3 It meets all requirements but one: It's way too imbalanced
Flavor: 1/1
Total: 6/10

Mr_Weebles wrote:
Time Dragon - 4UU (Mythic)
Creature - Dragon

Flying

Whenever Time Dragon attacks and is not blocked, you may pay 5UU. If you do, take an extra turn after this one.

When Time Dragon dies, skip your next turn.

5/5

"Men talk of killing time, while time quietly kills them."

Timmy: 3/4 Timmy does not like the negative effect
Abilities/Color/Balance: 1/3 Balance issue: If you attack and the opponent cant block or destroy it you win... since you get an extra round and you attack again for another extra round... so its more like "Whenever Time Dragon attacks and is not blocked, you may pay 5UU. If you do, you win the game."
New: 1/2 Nice combination of abilities though

pseudodespot wrote:
Voice of the Nimmerdead 5WW

Creature - Angel (Mythic)

Flying, vigilance

Whenever Voice of the Nimmerdead deals combat damage to a player, put that many 1/1 white Spirit creature tokens with flying onto the battlefield.

They listen to everything you have to say. Everything.
5/6

Abilities/Color/Balance: 3/3
Total: 8/10

Jacois wrote:
Ghoulish Disciple BB
Creature - Zombie Mutant

When Ghoulish Disciple enters the battlefield, each player sacrifices a creature.
BYOB's. - Ghoul Academy directive

3/3

Timmy: 2/4 Its too small for Timmy and the ability is not flashy enough!

Rag_garn wrote:
Clairvoyodor
2UU
Creature - Shapeshifter
Unblockable

At the beginning of your upkeep you may look at the top 5 cards of your library and choose a creature card and exile it facedown.

Whenever ~ deals damage to a player you may reveal one of the cards exiled with ~ and make ~ become a copy of it and get this ability.

2/2

Timmy: 0/4 Very small with weird abilities for Timmy
Abilities/Color/Balance: 2/3 Does not have any indication of being part of a 5 creature set each centered around a color.
New: 1/2 Nice shapeshifter transformation mechanics
Total: 3/10

pg8 wrote:
Master of the Forest -- 6GGG
Creature--Human Wizard (M)
At the beginning of your upkeep, each player may search his or her library for a creature card and put it onto the battlefield. Each player who searched a library this way shuffles it.
Creatures you control have trample.
Whenever another creature enters the battlefield, you gain 1 life.
(3/3)

Timmy: 3/4 Very low P/T
Abilities/Color/Balance: 1/3 Too costly for what it does
New: 1/2 Nice combination of existing abilities
Total: 5/10

AxiomBlurr wrote:
Kiquan, Jade Elder 1WGGG

Legendary Creature - Human Shaman (Mythic)

1: Until end of turn Kiquan, Jade Elder becomes an artifact and loses its other types and abilities.

W, Remove a creature card in your graveyard from the game: put a 1/1 white Spirit token with flying onto the battlefield.

GGG: Creatures you control gain +3/+3 and trample until end of turn.

5/5

"And those beyond judgement, the Elders of the Sacred Stones, returned to lead once again..." Themaphorian Clay Tablet Inscription.

Timmy: 4/4 Timmy loves this? Not 100% sure but it dont like ".5" scores so...
Abilities/Color/Balance: 2/3 Seems a little bit overpowered for its cost
New: 2/2 Turn to stone! Nice.
Total: 9/10

khara wrote:
adaptive wurm 4GG
creature - wurm rare

if W was used to play <cardname>, it has Lifelink.
if U was used to play <cardname>, it has Flying.
if R was used to play <cardname>, it has trample.
if B was used to play <cardname>, it has deathtouch.
if only G was used to play <cardname>, it has +4/+4

"just like your dog, eager to learn new tricks"

6/6

Abilities/Color/Balance: 2/3 Why "R" gives trample. Furthermore +4/+4 seems too much.
Total: 7/10

yajiko wrote:
Greater Ent 3GG
creature - treefolk rare

whenever <cardname> attacks, target creature gets +7/+0.

"mightier that oaks, tougher that all redwood"

1/7

Timmy: 3/4 Timmy likes this but would like something with more impact.

Lostwanderer wrote:
Master of the Plague 4GGBB
Creature-Elemental
Each other creature gets -x/-x where x is equal to ~'s power
At the begining of your upkeep put a -1/-1 counter on ~.
~can't attack.
2GB:Can attack this turn.
9/9
"Even a plague dies"

Abilities/Color/Balance: 2/3 Dies too slowly so seems a bit overpowered.
New: 1/2 I kill everyting as long as I am in play. Nicely done.
Flavor: 0/1 I dont like "Master of plague" as a name for an elemental.

So I guess AxiomBlurr wins this round. Nicely done ^^.
Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Other - Magic All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2