Magic-League.com Forum Index Magic-League.com
Forums of Magic-League: Free Online tcg playing; casual or tournament play.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

More about Sundial of the Inifinite

Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Magic Rulings
Strid3r

PostPosted: Sat Oct 01, 2011 5:03 pm    Post subject: Re: More about Sundial of the Inifinite Reply with quote

Daba wrote:
I have Sundial of the Infinite, Glimmerpoint Stag, and Venser, the Soujuner in play. I use Venser's hability to exiliate Glimmerpoint Stag. At the beginning of end step, Glimmerpoint Stag returns and the first hability tiggers. I exile another permanent, and before this permanent come back, I response with Sundial. All habilities in the stack disapear, so the permanent remains exiliated and Glimmerpoint Stag in the battlefield.

Is that correct or am I wrong?

Thanks for your answers.

The delayed triggered ability of glimmerpoint stag will trigger first at the beginning of opponents end step and return the permanent to the battlefield.
Kabelis

PostPosted: Sat Oct 01, 2011 6:23 pm    Post subject: Re: More about Sundial of the Inifinite Reply with quote

Daba wrote:
I have Sundial of the Infinite, Glimmerpoint Stag, and Venser, the Soujuner in play. I use Venser's hability to exiliate Glimmerpoint Stag. At the beginning of end step, Glimmerpoint Stag returns and the first hability tiggers. I exile another permanent, and before this permanent come back, I response with Sundial. All habilities in the stack disapear, so the permanent remains exiliated and Glimmerpoint Stag in the battlefield.

Is that correct or am I wrong?

Thanks for your answers.

Sorry, but those 'words' sound so hilarious for some reason xD
kane2

PostPosted: Sat Oct 01, 2011 7:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Whats a hability?
olliemydoggy

PostPosted: Sun Oct 02, 2011 2:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Daba strid3r is wrong if you activate sundial's ability on the end step with stag's ability on the stack it doesn't come back because it is a delayed triggered ability triggering on once and then you exiling the ability
Kabelis

PostPosted: Sun Oct 02, 2011 4:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Daba wrote:
Thanks for your answer, strid3r.

Obviously, I meant "Ability". I'm not a native English speaker and I don't want to spend half an hour checking my messages. What does that have to do with my question? If you have nothing better to say, don't make easy jokes. Sorry, but I don't find them funny at all.

Yeah, I know, sorry if I sounded offensive, I was just really tired and started cracking up over random things Razz
moscowdemon
Level 4 Judge

PostPosted: Sun Oct 02, 2011 5:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

olliemydoggie, this here

Quote:
Daba strid3r is wrong if you activate sundial's ability on the end step with stag's ability on the stack it doesn't come back because it is a delayed triggered ability triggering on once and then you exiling the ability

this is actually the wrong part. Strid3r has it correct. When the Glimmerpoint Stag returns to the battlefield in the end step, the card it exiles with its ability will return at the beginning of the next end step as the card states. It won't return that same turn. So strid3r is correct in saying that you cannot exile the card permanently (unless you can end their turn with the trigger on the stack).
Strid3r

PostPosted: Sun Oct 02, 2011 5:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

olliemydoggy wrote:

i am right, glimmerpoint's delayed triggered ability does not even trigger in that end step so you can't exile it with sundial.
Lynolf

PostPosted: Sun Oct 02, 2011 8:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Damn, you magic-league players are so freaking lazy! Ever heard of google? All it took for me was to write Sundial of the Infinite there and this was the first site that appeared to me Mr. Green

http://forums.mtgsalvation.com/showthread.php?t=335306
Kookie_Mnstr

PostPosted: Sun Oct 02, 2011 2:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

last i checked this is a rulings question so why not ask it?? it's easier and safer since you have judges on here that check the forums
ChrRome

PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2011 11:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The permanent does not return until the beginning of the next end step. Since Venser returns the Glimmerpoint Stag to play during the end step, the ability waits until your opponent's end step to trigger.
You could permanently exile your opponent's permanent by simply playing the stag during your main phase, and then wait until your end step to use Sundial when the trigger is on the stack. This creates the desired effect without Venser, while with him, it does not work.
Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Magic Rulings All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1