Magic-League.com Forum Index Magic-League.com
Forums of Magic-League: Free Online tcg playing; casual or tournament play.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Bant Pod vs The Field

Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Standard (T2) Decks
styx^

PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2011 2:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Celestial Purge. Maybe Inquisitor Exarch, but that's prolly just me loving the artwork and flavor of the card, especially with Venser.

And should they shoot the Exarch then he at least gained you 4-5 life.

Last edited by styx^ on Thu Sep 29, 2011 2:42 pm; edited 1 time in total
styx^

PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2011 2:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

carlillo wrote:
styx^ wrote:
3 Timely Reinforcements + 2 Celestial Purge + 1 Snapcaster Mage + 1 Tree.

I can see the celestial purge, but snapcaster?
Actually i can see it, i would have 9 instants/sorceries. It might work. It is very interesting indeed. I will try that after i finish my other games vs Solar flare and Tempered Steel.

As you can see i wasn't that sure on it myself :P
[paradox]

PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2011 3:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I actually think u should drop the ponders. Since i have dropped them the deck has done better.
xJudicatorx

PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2011 5:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I ran into the same problem, looked through cards for days, testing over and over and finally found some hot tech. Yes, I know it's not a very good card in a vacuum, but it blocks, gives a significant amount of life, and recurs with Sun Titan(which is essential). The answer is: Brindle Boar. Stop laughing, I'm serious. I run 1 main which stays in against any aggressive or midrange deck and 3 sideboard which come in against the most aggressive decks like RDW and Werewolves.
[paradox]

PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2011 6:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

brindle boar seems fucking terrible...... just run trees and timely reinforcments. the match up really isnt as bad as you guys make it seem.....
xJudicatorx

PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2011 7:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Timely reinforcements is terrible in Pod. Tree is great as far as it goes, but it's not enough and it can't be recurred.
MarkovXII

PostPosted: Fri Sep 30, 2011 9:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would take our the superioron and the 3rd pilgrim for 2 emmissarys. there good chump blockes and they trade sometime with rdw. and they fetch land when they die which makes u faster. u have 7 one drops and 6 two drops. ur not gunna pod for your two drops all that often unless its late game and ur getting rid of ur no longer usful 1 drops, more often ur just gunna wanna cast them. tree of redemption is a must the ability to just reset your life 2 13 for 4 mana is really good and hes a 0/13, not much gunna get by him. and you can always rfg with venser and he comes back at 0/13 ready to rest you life again. drop corruptor for fiend hunter he may not alway be as effective as you like but if he hits the stormblood at lead hes a 1/1 now intstead of a 3/3.and he gets rid of other ppls tokens from blade splice and you dont have to worrie about having to hit your own pod with it because someone did something weird with the artifact u were gunna target.

ive considered droping pod alltogether in this match up. side out 4 pod 4 poder and bring in timleys and extra stone horns fiends and tree.

the key to a good pod deck is knowing it plays well without the pod. so if red is giving you trouble because of 5 dmg with morbid and or just having to sac ur guys istead of just playing more side it out.
MarkovXII

PostPosted: Fri Sep 30, 2011 9:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

and o ring can alway be put in sd for pesty planeswalkers, red doesnt really do ecnchantment removal
Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Standard (T2) Decks All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1