Magic-League.com Forum Index Magic-League.com
Forums of Magic-League: Free Online tcg playing; casual or tournament play.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

About Flashback

Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Magic Rulings
Tritemio

PostPosted: Wed Sep 21, 2011 2:35 am    Post subject: About Flashback Reply with quote

When a player cast any spell with Flashback from his graveyard like Cabal Therapy can i use Surgical Extraction or is too late ? And if I can the spell is countered?

if i cast Cabal Therapy and have only it in my graveyard , can i put a quest counter on Pyromancer Ascension?
Miqo

PostPosted: Wed Sep 21, 2011 3:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

"Flashback" stands for a static ability that lets you cast the spell from your graveyard for its flashback cost whenever you could cast it from your hand. All normal procedures of casting the spells are followed, including moving the spell to the stack from the graveyard when it's cast.

The second static ability that "Flashback" stands for causes the spell to be exiled upon resolving or leaving the stack for other reasons.

1) Surgical Extraction can't cancel out a Cabal Therapy if your opponent has cast it because the card is no longer in the graveyard.

2) You wouldn't get a quest counter because Cabal Therapy can't simultaneously be in the graveyard and in the stack after you've cast it.
Hardtrack

PostPosted: Wed Sep 21, 2011 10:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The first step of casting something is moving it to the stack. The last step is it being officially 'cast'. Therefor Pyromancer's Ascension will not get a counter. When it triggers (i.e. when the spell becomes cast, the last step of casting), the flashback spell is already on the stack.
Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Magic Rulings All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1